Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:32 am
You last visited July 31, 2014, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery truths

Topic closed. 68 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
tyne and wear
United Kingdom
Member #15463
May 15, 2005
8 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2005, 7:09 am - IP Logged

ok this should spark a little interest, i am a keen lottery player i have studied patterns and developed every chart possible over a period of 5 years with not very good results, by that i mean im not a millionaire yet! after showing someone my research he pointed out something very simple but very important that i have seemed to overlook and is rarely ever mentioned. now we both agreed that certain numbers come up more often than others and there must be a reason for this and he used the term 'mechanical resistance' the only reason that certain numbers fall more often than others is because of the characteristics of the balls and the machine used it has nothing to do with magic or voodoo, now going a little deeper each ball will be a different weight and mass to the next it will be so small but will make a difference and everytime a ball gets drawn maybe it generates more wear causing it to fall more or less and each machine will be simular in structure but will not be identical to each other all it would take is in one of the machines to have a variable for example you can buy 3 identical nissan micra cars 2 of them will run for 10 years with no trouble yet the other one's engine will blow up! why? because no 2 machines are 100% identical and maybe the metal used in the engine on the poorer car was weaker than the others. now after 5years and a wealth of charts my friend pointed out to me that im actually only 1/3 of the way there! as he pointed out that all my graphs are good for looking at the lottery results on a whole but what about the different machines used and sets of balls used, something that is rarely looked at and discussed in lottery analysis and it is so important as he pointed out a roulette wheel eventually will show a bias due to the mechanical resistance and 'clever' players can make a healthy profit by looking at what has already happened and the bias as they only use 1 table and 1 ball however in the uk national lottery for example there are (i believe) 3 machines , opal, moonstone and amethyst and 8 sets of balls and no way of knowing which machine is going to be used or set of balls before hand if you were to get any closer to winning you would need 24 sepaerte sets of analysis all 8 sets of balls with all 3 different machines then if you could find out that the machine 'opal' was going to be use and set of balls '7' then you could get your anaysis or frequency chart out for 'machine opal with set of balls 7' because lets say number 21 for example looked really good and had a good chance of hitting (in general) but when you dig deeper it comes out all the time in 'opal' and 'amethyst' but they are going to use the 'moonstone' machine and lets say number 21 came out reguly from sets of balls 1,2,4,5 but they are using set of balls 3 so your stuffed! its like horse racing, you can study how strong the horse is and how wel it runs on certain grounds we can do the same with lottery numbers we can see how well it has done in the past( in general) but we dont know what ground its going to be running on ( what machine ) i think the only way to win at this now is to have a seperate set of analysis for each possible machine and set of balls, in the uk national lottery that would be 24 and then after you have all that date (which would be a lots of charts!) you knew BEFOREHAND which machine and set was being used then you stand a  chance of getting close but we dont know beforehand so really in the  6/49 uk draw the odds of winning the jackpot are aprox14 million to 1 but really you have to add all the different combinations of machines and balls so teh odds are 14 million to 1 multiplied by 24!!!!! then if you manage to beat those odds get the right machine and balls then you still have the origional odds of 14 million to 1 to beat! im starting to think this is too hard to beat if there was a lottery draw that used 1 MACHINE 1 SET OF BALLS then a strong bias would develop and all of us 'smart' players who study trends would be very wealthy as balls would become damaged the machine would wear we dont even know if and when a lottery machine has had a new part fitted that would cause a whoel chunk of date to be scrapped so without all this data i personally think the only way now is just to play the numbers that have came up the most often a little underproductive i know but really what else is there to do? id really like some feedback on this as it is something that is often overlooked yet i believe if someone had this data they would have a winning system maybe if i started working for them and knew in advance, we can only dream!!  

London
    United Kingdom
    Member #18841
    July 21, 2005
    8 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2005, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Hi, with regard to the UK 6/49 Lotto, analysis of draw results where the same machine and ball set has been used does throw up some interesting patterns. However, the people behind the UK Lotto do not announce which machine and set of balls are going to be used in the next draw, so any analysis is deemed slightly useless since there are something like 4 different machines and 12 different sets of balls for that specific game.

Pinback's avatar - driver
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #5810
      July 22, 2004
      119 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2005, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Two words:  punctuation and paragraphs!

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #12466
        March 14, 2005
        29 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2005, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion too much is being made out of the idea of "bias" in the ball system.  I dont believe that any lottery system of this type has any bias in the system.  The ball system is an excellent model for truely random numbers.  It is true that certain numbers hit more frequently than others.  This would be true of whatever you considered to be a pure random system.  Any random system still has patterns that can be detected and used for prediction.  All you need are the right set of tools for the job.

Blaine WA
          United States
          Member #17275
          June 15, 2005
          117 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2005, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

even if there is wear and tear on the balls and machines that might make an insignificant difference in the results over an extended period of time at any one time you select a ticket may not be the time this abberation appears.

i just make minimum size purchases so i may dream a little dream, like so many winners in the past who just got lucky in the timing of their purchases.

the odds do not mean much to those who win the jackpot

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17740 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2005, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I noticed in the local 649 games, combinations of 6 and 5 seldom repeated so I play combinations that have never match 5 or 6 and very few 4's.  I matched 5of6 a few years back, but now the game is going to end in a couple of months so all the data I have will be worthless.  It may be easier to win after you compile a lot data about the numbers behavior and patterns, but lotteries are likely to end of change before that data can help you.  For example MegaMillions and PowerBall always change when the jackpot runs get shorter.

* you don't need more tickets * 
            * just the right ticket * 
               Wink 

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              7826 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2005, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I make some charts for a pick 5 game and over time i noticed  number patterns, that is some numbers continusioly hit over a given period of time and then they fade away and another set of numbers gets the majority of plays it is a good idea during that time when you notice the new group of numbers taking shape to work with them. If you are making charts like you say then you should have picked up on this. How and what numbers you play should depend on what just hit last and play the other numbers in the group that are hot. Depending on what you can afford to spend might make the difference from winning or just geting three numbers right.

Old balls, new balls, new machines, old machines, or any combination there of  have nothing to do with what balls comes up or down a shute. Each ball in the machine has just as much a chance of showing up as every other ball. Each ball has been tested in the machine. I will agree that some balls might be bigger in circumference that some other balls. However those balls still fit the machines orifices. Air and paddles push and bounce the balls around when the ball meats the opening at the exact time it supposed to that is the ball that going to be drawn. The balls aren't biased.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5583 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2005, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I make some charts for a pick 5 game and over time i noticed  number patterns, that is some numbers continusioly hit over a given period of time and then they fade away and another set of numbers gets the majority of plays it is a good idea during that time when you notice the new group of numbers taking shape to work with them. If you are making charts like you say then you should have picked up on this. How and what numbers you play should depend on what just hit last and play the other numbers in the group that are hot. Depending on what you can afford to spend might make the difference from winning or just geting three numbers right.

Old balls, new balls, new machines, old machines, or any combination there of  have nothing to do with what balls comes up or down a shute. Each ball in the machine has just as much a chance of showing up as every other ball. Each ball has been tested in the machine. I will agree that some balls might be bigger in circumference that some other balls. However those balls still fit the machines orifices. Air and paddles push and bounce the balls around when the ball meats the opening at the exact time it supposed to that is the ball that going to be drawn. The balls aren't biased.

You are correct when you say the balls have no idea, But In part, I do believe that if the rotation of the tubes were presented, I would win more often. In New York, they tell you what the rotation is. Unfortunately in Florida they don't.

In my opinion each tube has a history of obligations. Whether it's overdue numbers, or hot, or cold .....etc.  When they change the positions, that's when it becomes frustrating.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2005, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

As it appears to be the general feeling, you might be wasting your time, with the particular idea of ball sets and machines.

Maybe Rowdy has it right also RJOH and Four4Me.

Some charts might also help some, but perhaps not all of them.

As to patterns, they should help.

Good luck.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    2893 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2005, 4:09 am - IP Logged

Florida provides drawn order, ballsets and machines after the draw, New York used to give advance notice what ballset would be used, I don't know if they still do, but it was apparently no use to anyone. 

The only lottery software I've seen include ballset information is Gail Howard and it is not included in the smart pick process, nor are there any routines to work the information.

What I have found over two extensive tests were: Hot numbers stay hot, average numbers stay average and cold numbers stay cold, over the life of the ballset collection.  When the collection is replaced, some numbers continue to hit at the same rate as you would expect while others stabilize into other hit rates.  ie: a former hot number stops hitting, a former cold number becomes average or hot.

It helps to remember few if any winning combinations contain all, hot, average or cold numbers.  Each averages their share of numbers contributed to the winning ticket.

If you're going to work with draw history, use only the draws since the last time the ballsets were totally replaced with new.  Also, when they change game size, find out if they added additional balls or bought all new. 

It only takes a phone call to find this out usually, but you often run into lottery workers who have no idea what you mean or don't want to, they tell you the ballset was changed yesterday thinking "switched out" rather then replaced. So if they tell you a very recent date for replacement, confirm exactly what they mean or ask to speak to a supervisor.  Most games, ballsets are good from two to five years. 

If ballsets didn't matter, they wouldn't need more then one plus a spare. BobP

paurths's avatar - underground
                      Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                      Belgium
                      Member #19287
                      July 29, 2005
                      2254 Posts
                      Posted: August 21, 2005, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Has aynyone ever considered that the machines are not only used for the actual draw on friday-evening? (or any other evening)

What if they get tested during the week or so? I guess they are not going to publish the results.

I would say, "so much for history"...

Blaine WA
                        United States
                        Member #17275
                        June 15, 2005
                        117 Posts
                        Posted: August 21, 2005, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

i do not care much about systems

for me the truth of the lottery is to make it fun, not to make it work or work-like

when i purchase a ticket, that is my ticket to a fantasy more imaginative than a movie and less expensive

it is hard for me to believe in systems for if they worked the lotteries would not

the odds do not mean much to those who win the jackpot

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: August 21, 2005, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

i do not care much about systems

for me the truth of the lottery is to make it fun, not to make it work or work-like

when i purchase a ticket, that is my ticket to a fantasy more imaginative than a movie and less expensive

it is hard for me to believe in systems for if they worked the lotteries would not

Systems don't work all the time. They just provide tools for analyzing the activity within a game. I can say I'm ahead of the game (not by much) due to systems and other methods like a chart that I use.

Steve Player"s pick-3 cash overlap work-out graphs, to this date, has  been the most effective way to see real-time activities. I won $3000.00 with that graph, with the number 984.

Theoretically, you can say that even going to the store and buying a QP is in itself a system. Someone programmed the RNG within the lottery terminal, according to what seed they instilled in the program. So you're actually playing a system and don't even realize it.

As far as the lottery's existense, if a system were to be the all powerful of all systems....well.....there will never be a system like that because it would take the ingenuity of GOD himself to sort out chaos, and win the jackpot every day.

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: August 21, 2005, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Four, you're wrong. The balls are biased. They go out of their way to not pick the numbers on my ticket.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

tyne and wear
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #15463
                              May 15, 2005
                              8 Posts
                              Posted: August 21, 2005, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Two words:  punctuation and paragraphs!

one sentence: get a life!!