Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:30 pm
You last visited November 26, 2014, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Florida Lottery Scam??

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 9 years ago by CARBOB.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
If you don't like it, spit it out!
United States
Member #4756
May 23, 2004
3148 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2005, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that the exact same number in Florida's pick 4, was drawn Thursday & Friday evening? The number was 4286! Is it now a RNG lottery? I could see a possiblity of the same combination of numbers, but hard to believe the exact combination 2 nights straight.

Has this happened in other states, in the pick 4 draws?

Recently the FL lottery has quit showing the live draws for the pick 3 & 4 in my area. From what I have gathered, they don't have a TV station in the state that shows a live draw for those games. I live in the Fort Myers area and the TV station shows the numbers between 8:00- 8:15 or so, on the bottom of the screen.

I emailed the FL lottery and they replied that they don't have a budget to be able to pay TV stations to air live drawings. Each station is said to decide if they are going to show any live drawings themselves.

I also asked if it was because the FL lottery perhaps changed to RNG. I received no answer to that question.

Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4036 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2005, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I saw that too inittowin. 

takeemtothebank

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
      Clarksville
      United States
      Member #487
      July 15, 2002
      17638 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2005, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

That particular number hadn't hit in over 2 years..since 2003.  So it was long overdue.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        4390 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2005, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I just visted the website in search of machine and ball set information. They only show that for Lotto, Fantasy 5, Mega Money. So, guess what folks, all indications say they have quitely changed the game, without any notification to the paying public. Now,what can we do about it? I became suspicious when the local channel in Orlando quit televising. I sent e-mails, but never received an answer. All Florida players that vist this website need to stand up and be counted.Contact your local representatives in Tallahassee and voice your displeasure.

Carbob

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5583 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2005, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Nothing strange at all. Despite the odds of a set showing up twice within a short amount of time, is nothing but chaos doing it's job.

I've seen pick 3 numbers that showed up exactly the same the next day. 3 times as a matter of fact.

It's just the p-4's turn. Less frequently than the p-3, but nontheless.

In the jackpot games, 1,2,3,4,5,6 in that order have the same probability as any other group of numbers. The only difference is that it'll have to wait in line to come out.

Think about it, How long do you think it'll take for the last draw numbers in your state's jackpot game to come out again, those exact numbers? Either pull a fast one like the p-4 in Florida, ( maybe 5 years from now ) or wait 75 years or more to show up again.

Another good example is if you also look at nov the 3rd in Florida, the p-4 was 0476, and on the 16th of nov. it was 0475. Off by one number. Just chaos at work.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            4390 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2005, 5:32 am - IP Logged

Nothing strange at all. Despite the odds of a set showing up twice within a short amount of time, is nothing but chaos doing it's job.

I've seen pick 3 numbers that showed up exactly the same the next day. 3 times as a matter of fact.

It's just the p-4's turn. Less frequently than the p-3, but nontheless.

In the jackpot games, 1,2,3,4,5,6 in that order have the same probability as any other group of numbers. The only difference is that it'll have to wait in line to come out.

Think about it, How long do you think it'll take for the last draw numbers in your state's jackpot game to come out again, those exact numbers? Either pull a fast one like the p-4 in Florida, ( maybe 5 years from now ) or wait 75 years or more to show up again.

Another good example is if you also look at nov the 3rd in Florida, the p-4 was 0476, and on the 16th of nov. it was 0475. Off by one number. Just chaos at work.

Pac,

I'm not talking about a number repeating, I'm talking about live tv drawings and ball machines. Do they have live drawings in you area? I suspect, somewhere around the first of October, they quitely switched to computers, witout publicizing that fact. Personally, I think that is wrong. Come Monday morning, I will start making phone calls. That might or might not change anything.

Carbob

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
              If you don't like it, spit it out!
              United States
              Member #4756
              May 23, 2004
              3148 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2005, 7:39 am - IP Logged

My concern was more of proof that the numbers were drawn like that and not the odds of it happening, or that they were due.

In my emails to the FL lottery, I have asked them to at least show the daily drawings on their web site like Virginia does. That hasn't happened yet. I am just concerned about the way that they all of a sudden changed things and won't comment on some topics. I find it odd that ALL of the TV stations stopped the live pick 3 & 4 drawings at the same time around the state.

We don't even get the knowledge of where the larger winning game tickets are sold any more from the web site. Only how many winners there was. I think the FL lottery is going in the wrong direction if they are looking to boost sales. I personally know of 6 different people that have quit playing the daily games until this info is explained, me being one of them.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                21619 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2005, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Is that right?!  Can someone from Florida please verify that Florida has stopped airing all drawings on live TV?

If that's the case, we need to raise holy hell over it, but if not, I don't want to perpetuate a false rumor.

Let's get the info, and then decide if there's a problem.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  4390 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2005, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Is that right?!  Can someone from Florida please verify that Florida has stopped airing all drawings on live TV?

If that's the case, we need to raise holy hell over it, but if not, I don't want to perpetuate a false rumor.

Let's get the info, and then decide if there's a problem.

Todd, the very first thing tommorrow morning, I will start making phone calls. I am also going to contact a local tv station and newspaper. Something is starting to smell.

Carbob

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2005, 10:37 am - IP Logged

The Repeat of "4286" was actually "Due" because I have a program that Tracks when 4 number repeats are due too hit and according to my program it was over 99 draws since 4 numbers repeated from the previous draw.Remember  (1 and 2) number repeats happen quite often in Pick-3/4. Complete number repeats are not a common occurence but they do happen and this game was overdue for a Complete number repeat.As for whether the FL Lottery has switched from Live Draws to Computer generated draws the last time  I asked them about this which was in 2004 they said they had no plans to switch.Plus I have not noticed anything extremely unusual like wierd patterns or statistical occurences my software tracks Low-High,Even-Odd,Line Width,Number Sums,Mixed and Doubles.But in the Cash3 there is something that has caught my attention but I can't be sure yet if it's because of a switch from live to computer draws.Doubles have not been drawn in 16 days which is a little strange.Doubles don't usually go longer than 10 days in FL Pick-3 so maybe there is something to be concerned about,if doubles stay outfor 18 or 21 days then I would have too agree with the possibilty that something has been changed in FL Daily game drawings.

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2005, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Okay now I am concerned not only has doubles been out too long but "HIGH" numbers like 596,789,576 or 895 have been out 28 days pretty much a month and that's very,very unusual according to my program.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                        United States
                        Member #4924
                        June 3, 2004
                        4390 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

The Repeat of "4286" was actually "Due" because I have a program that Tracks when 4 number repeats are due too hit and according to my program it was over 99 draws since 4 numbers repeated from the previous draw.Remember  (1 and 2) number repeats happen quite often in Pick-3/4. Complete number repeats are not a common occurence but they do happen and this game was overdue for a Complete number repeat.As for whether the FL Lottery has switched from Live Draws to Computer generated draws the last time  I asked them about this which was in 2004 they said they had no plans to switch.Plus I have not noticed anything extremely unusual like wierd patterns or statistical occurences my software tracks Low-High,Even-Odd,Line Width,Number Sums,Mixed and Doubles.But in the Cash3 there is something that has caught my attention but I can't be sure yet if it's because of a switch from live to computer draws.Doubles have not been drawn in 16 days which is a little strange.Doubles don't usually go longer than 10 days in FL Pick-3 so maybe there is something to be concerned about,if doubles stay outfor 18 or 21 days then I would have too agree with the possibilty that something has been changed in FL Daily game drawings.

Pick-four-master,

Unless my data base is wrong, here's what I had prior to the repeat. The repeat doesn't concern me. What concerns me is the missing of live drawings and no record on their website Machine/Ballsets. There might be a reason for it, but unless you have live drawings, you can almost bet your last dollar, that they have changed to computerized drawings.

Carbob

CARRIED
                        4.72 2.23 3.53 18.75 496.75

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2005, 11:16 am - IP Logged

So there live drawings for all games have been discontinued? or just for the Pick-3/4? on the old website that information was readily available machine/ballsets but I haven't noticed it anywhere on the new website.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #4924
                            June 3, 2004
                            4390 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2005, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Just for Cash 3/ Play 4, that I know of. I've sent an e-mail Channel 9, action consumer group, to see if they can get any kind of response.

Carbob

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                              Clarksville
                              United States
                              Member #487
                              July 15, 2002
                              17638 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2005, 11:30 am - IP Logged

This is the link from their site..

http://www.floridalottery.com/inet/media-tvdrawingsMain.do

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.