Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:00 am
You last visited July 30, 2014, 12:59 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A brief introduction of Korean Lotto 645

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
anonymous77's avatar - moon
Seoul
Korea, South
Member #21859
September 16, 2005
346 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Korean Lotto 6/45...

Basically a pick-6/45 jackpot game with a bonus ball. Started in early December 2002 and any on-line service of purchasing tickets on players' behalf is prohibited by law (in my opinion, that's too bad!). The ticket sells for approxiamately $1 each.

The odds of hitting jackpot is approximately 1 in 8 million, and it draws every Saturday, just once a week. The amount of jackpot(pari-mutuel) usually stands at around $11 million being paid all in lump sum cash. Due to the relatively higher odds of hitting jackpot when compared to MM or PB, the jackpot is usually split among about 3-7 winners, each winner taking approximately $2M to $3M before tax. Tax rate is 22% for the prize over $50 up to half million dollars, and 33% for the amount in excess of half million. By law, all winners can remain completely anonymous.

The historic record of the overall pot for the first prize so far is $80M after 3 rollovers, which had been split among 13 winners, each winner taking about $6M cash, in February 2003. And, the biggest jp hit by a single ticket so far is ~$40M (~$30M after tax), which was won in April 2003 by a then-policeman but known as having quit his job soon  after the win. Both records were established while each ticket were being sold for $2 each. Pressured by conservatives' concern about the possibility of national lotto fever to be more widely spread, lawmakers lowered its per-ticket price to the current level of $1 each. Considering the size of Korean lottery market and the scarcity of any alternatives to pick-6 lotto games like daily pick 3/4 and/or semi-weekly pick-5 in America, I personally expect that it would be very tough for those records to be broken for a considerable time period in the future, possibly never unless a major modification in the system is made.

The following image represents 10 tickets (5 on each of two receipts), which  was purchased on Monday, Dec 12, and will be drawn at 9PM on Saturday, Dec 17 in Korean time (GMT+9).

(The first 3 lines on the right receipt indicates my own 3 picks, and the remaining 7 lines are terminal QPs. Those yellow-colored areas of each ticket hide part or all of the time of purchase, serial numbers, retailer number, bar-codes, and the final digits of those numbers played. The final digits may be revealed if and when the first five numbers hopefully turns out to be correctly matched.Big Grin  Sure, if any of the lines hopefully hits the jackpot though very very unlikely, I would be happy and gladly allocate some portion of the cash so that it could be spent in a good way for the lotterypost)

Korean Lotto 645

anonymous77's avatar - moon
    Seoul
    Korea, South
    Member #21859
    September 16, 2005
    346 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2005, 11:11 am - IP Logged

From my major PC screen, I could and still can see the image. But, from a different PC screen I can't see it. I think there pobably is something necessay in uploading an image, which I myself, as a novice in graphics and images, missed but still can't find.

I wonder why I can see the image only from the very PC that I uploaded it through, but can not from other PCs.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      21445 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

You're a premium member.  You can upload images.  Here are the instructions:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/124135

I found that message using the Lottery Post search engine in about 10 seconds -- the same search engine that a couple of people are running around trash-talking.

I searched for "post an image" (WITH quotes).  It was the first topic that came up.

By the way anonymous77, the comments about the trash-talking of the search engine are not directed at you.  I just wanted to throw that in there so that people who are not giving the excellent new search engine half a chance, just because they don't like change, will see it and think about it.

Yes, I know more about the trash-talking than the perpetrators know (you know who you are).  There are some good people here who let me know when certain people go around trash-talking the webmaster.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2005, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a cool game, the Korean one.  Too bad it's verboten.

Incidently, I can't see the image.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser