Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:38 am
You last visited August 20, 2014, 10:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball winner David Edwards

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by whitmansm2.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Ironton
United States
Member #30558
January 18, 2006
10 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I personally know David and Shawna. Talk about some crazy stories. I could tell you some. They,re almost broke, no more kids and on the run.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
    United States
    Member #19651
    August 3, 2005
    621 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2006, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

from west palm beach 

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2733 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

When did they win, and how much?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2733 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Nevermind, I found out.  They were one of the 4 winners of the $295 million Powerball jackpot back in Agust of 2001.  He was the ex-con.

Also, please tell some of these crazy stories.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          17797 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I personally know David and Shawna. Talk about some crazy stories. I could tell you some. They,re almost broke, no more kids and on the run.

I noticed you just joined today and made one post.  Did you just join LP to gossip about people you personally know and trash their reputations?

* you don't need more tickets * 
          * just the right ticket * 
             Wink 

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
            United States
            Member #19651
            August 3, 2005
            621 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

i would hope so. In past post we all talked about Mr Edwards problems. I saw a problem with the size of his drink in his TV show about winners and others called him the next jack W   tell us 

Ironton
              United States
              Member #30558
              January 18, 2006
              10 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2006, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Not neccessarily trash them, just give a little insight to how winning the lottery may or may not change the way you live. Why so defensive?

United States
                Member #24503
                October 23, 2005
                159 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Not neccessarily trash them, just give a little insight to how winning the lottery may or may not change the way you live. Why so defensive?

cuz that's kinda trashy to gossip about people you know to people you don't.  there are levels... and trying to build yourself up by backstabbing friends doesn't have anything to do with trying to share the pitfalls of winning the lottery.

it's just being nasty, you know?  most of us are aware of how it works.  the lottery doesn't change people. it just gives them more money to be who they already are, with more money.  people who are together will continue to be together and stable and grounded after the lottery.  people who aren't on that stable a ground, usually won't.

so if you're gonna do, at least don't gild the lily about why you're doing it.

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2006, 11:20 am - IP Logged

As much as I enjoy reading Iesha's posts (I usually agree with her) I'm not sure I agree with her that winning the lottery doesn't change people.  By all accounts Jack was a good guy and responsible citizen before he won.

There is a phenomena we used to call "Big Shot-itis" in my previous line of work.  It's a "disease" people get when they become (or think they've become) important.  In short it goes to their head.  Is this a personality change or simply the mainfestation of the real personality?  I don't know.

With regard to Mr. Edwards...I agree with the point about gossip.  I'm not interested in hearing the gossip about him.  I agree that most of us who read the posts here know the major pitfalls of winning the lottery.  However, there may still be something to be learned form his experiences...but only if those experiences relate to the mistakes he may or may not have made after he won the lottery.

I don't know Dave but I did see the program discussed previously.  My impression of him was that he was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
                    Member #13801
                    April 14, 2005
                    48 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2006, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Is he really almost broke?  How is that possible?  What?

After taxes, I'm guessing he won about $25 million.  He won just over 4 years ago, which means that if he really is almost broke, he's been spending, on average, over $6 million per year.  Eek

If true, would this be the biggest jackpot that someone has squandered?

Ironton
                      United States
                      Member #30558
                      January 18, 2006
                      10 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2006, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I think that I was taken all wrong. Maybe I should have worded things different, and if I offended someone I truly am sorry. Daves wife is my sister, so I in no way meant that I would trash them. Iesha honey, don"t come off so perfect because we all have faults, and I am in no way trying to be "nasty."

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                        Member #91
                        January 19, 2002
                        9981 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2006, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I think that I was taken all wrong. Maybe I should have worded things different, and if I offended someone I truly am sorry. Daves wife is my sister, so I in no way meant that I would trash them. Iesha honey, don"t come off so perfect because we all have faults, and I am in no way trying to be "nasty."

Wow,  I'm not sure if that's not worse. An in-laws look at a millionaires dirty laundry.  Well I guess if this is the way you want them to be remembered,  Go on ahead, and tell your tale  Hell even Jesse James family spoke about him to the public.....and in a 100 years who's going to remember anyway... 

Ironton
                          United States
                          Member #30558
                          January 18, 2006
                          10 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

You people don't want to be friendly. I'm not sure where your agression is coming from, but I feel sorry for you. I had no plans on airing any dirty laundry. He doesn"t consider me an in-law and the funny thing is he is sitting right here. He just wanted to give some advice to you waana be millionaires. His advice...... Maybe you do maybe you don't. Lighten up!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            7841 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2006, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't buy into the fact the they are almost broke. He bought lots of stuff some of which should fetch a good amount of money should he ever have to sell it of. even his home is worth 4 times what he paid for it. And all the investments he made he should still be capitalizing on.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #29196
                              December 29, 2005
                              280 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2006, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

So let me see if I get this straight:

You are his sister-in-law.  You claim that he is broke and on the run.  And yet despite being broke and on the run...he is sitting there with you...even though (you say) he doesn't consider you to be his sister-in-law...and your offer to tell us crazy stories about him and his wife was really nothing more than Dave's well intentioned attempt to give us wannabe's the benefit of his advice.

OK...I'll buy that.

Now let me give Dave the benefit of my advice:

If you're a former Powerball winner who is now broke and on the run...don't go to a relative's house and have her make a post on the net's premier lottery website offering to tell crazy stories about you and your wife.  Simply put...it doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx