Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:00 pm
You last visited August 27, 2014, 4:58 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fed up with the SC Lottery web site

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
21503 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2006, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Who else is upset with the SC Lottery for the constant errors on their web site?

Once again this morning I had to fix the results posted for last night's SC Evening Pick 3 game because the SC Lottery posted the wrong results.

Most of the time their front page has been giving the wrong results, so I started getting the results from the Last 5 Drawings page.  But last night they screwed up that page too, and decided to post the Aug. 28th results for the Aug. 29th drawing.

Of course, these problems are happening because they are obviously not posted the web-site results from the actual source of the results data.  It must be input by a person into a separate database that's just used for the web publishing.

That is unacceptable.

It is fine to have a separate database, but it is NOT OK to have a person manually inputting the numbers a second time.  There are many, many ways to have the official draw results sent via computer to the web site, so that a human being will not cause an error.

If they can't figure it out, they can contact me, and I'll tell them how.

Can we use the numbers of people here on Lottery Post to help this situation?  I think we can, but it requires a couple of minutes of time on everyone's part.

If you want to help, send the SC Lottery a note and tell them to stop posting wrong results on their web site.  Tell them that results data is the most important thing that they report, and it should never, ever be posted wrong.  NEVER! 

It is very easy to send them a note because they have a web-based contact page.  I suggest sending the note TWICE -- once to the Webmaster and once to the "management" (or whoever looks at the Player Comments messages).

Here is the Webmaster contact page:  http://www.sceducationlottery.com/web_contact.asp

Here is the Player Comments page: http://www.sceducationlottery.com/contactus.asp

Again, I would send your note to both.

If you want to make them aware of this post, include the following link in your note: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140681

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4131 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2006, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I will send that along, Todd. I noticed that last night and the numbers didn't look right here as I actually watched the live drawing! LOL

They are backwards down there...can't believe I am moving to SC in less than 6 weeks...and I thought NC's lottery people were dopes!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Lottery Queen's avatar - Animation1
      Watch Blinking #
      United States
      Member #34411
      March 3, 2006
      11435 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2006, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Who else is upset with the SC Lottery for the constant errors on their web site?

Once again this morning I had to fix the results posted for last night's SC Evening Pick 3 game because the SC Lottery posted the wrong results.

Most of the time their front page has been giving the wrong results, so I started getting the results from the Last 5 Drawings page.  But last night they screwed up that page too, and decided to post the Aug. 28th results for the Aug. 29th drawing.

Of course, these problems are happening because they are obviously not posted the web-site results from the actual source of the results data.  It must be input by a person into a separate database that's just used for the web publishing.

That is unacceptable.

It is fine to have a separate database, but it is NOT OK to have a person manually inputting the numbers a second time.  There are many, many ways to have the official draw results sent via computer to the web site, so that a human being will not cause an error.

If they can't figure it out, they can contact me, and I'll tell them how.

Can we use the numbers of people here on Lottery Post to help this situation?  I think we can, but it requires a couple of minutes of time on everyone's part.

If you want to help, send the SC Lottery a note and tell them to stop posting wrong results on their web site.  Tell them that results data is the most important thing that they report, and it should never, ever be posted wrong.  NEVER! 

It is very easy to send them a note because they have a web-based contact page.  I suggest sending the note TWICE -- once to the Webmaster and once to the "management" (or whoever looks at the Player Comments messages).

Here is the Webmaster contact page:  http://www.sceducationlottery.com/web_contact.asp

Here is the Player Comments page: http://www.sceducationlottery.com/contactus.asp

Again, I would send your note to both.

If you want to make them aware of this post, include the following link in your note: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140681

I will be glad to send a note because after I seen that the number was the same lol I had to go else where to get 275 & 6071. It is Important to have the correct number drawn. Thanks Todd.

It's Not How Many Numbers You Post, But If You Can  Post The Right One's To Fall!

sclotto's avatar - 671z
        N. Charleston,SC
        United States
        Member #3989
        March 11, 2004
        1379 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Message sent. Thanks Todd

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21503 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2006, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I wanted to mention that the SC Lottery has now fixed those two pages, so if anyone from the SC Lottery is reading this, thanks for fixing it so soon after learning of the problem.

However, for LP members who have not yet sent them a note, it's just as important to send a note now as it was before the problem was fixed.

Any big organization (like the SC Lottery) requires a huge response in order to shift momentum and make changes.  So a few notes here and there will not make a difference.  But if 50% of the e-mails they receive today are about the results pages not working correctly, that will get noticed, and if we're lucky, will force some good changes.

Last, it would be great if someone from the media relations dept. at the SC Lottery could post a note here and reach out to their players to let them know what is being done.  The players really appreciate when a lottery employee does not feel it is beneath them to post a message on the forums.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
            The Carolinas - Charlotte
            United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4131 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I wanted to mention that the SC Lottery has now fixed those two pages, so if anyone from the SC Lottery is reading this, thanks for fixing it so soon after learning of the problem.

However, for LP members who have not yet sent them a note, it's just as important to send a note now as it was before the problem was fixed.

Any big organization (like the SC Lottery) requires a huge response in order to shift momentum and make changes.  So a few notes here and there will not make a difference.  But if 50% of the e-mails they receive today are about the results pages not working correctly, that will get noticed, and if we're lucky, will force some good changes.

Last, it would be great if someone from the media relations dept. at the SC Lottery could post a note here and reach out to their players to let them know what is being done.  The players really appreciate when a lottery employee does not feel it is beneath them to post a message on the forums.

I Agree!

RIGHT ON!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

HIMSELF's avatar - darksword

United States
              Member #368
              May 25, 2002
              72 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

message sent to both sites today and thanks for info. 

tried to call but was kept waiting on the phone.

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
                Chicago, IL
                United States
                Member #8354
                November 2, 2004
                1579 Posts
                Posted: August 30, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Messages sent, thanks Todd.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4036 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2006, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

SmashMessages sent.  This type of thing is zero tolerance.  They really do need to get somebody in there that's going to do it right.  If the responsible person is very very well liked, most he will get is a slap with a wet noddle, otherwise, somebody's head is going to roll after LP finishes with them. 

takeemtothebank

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    21503 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2006, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

To be honest, I'm am not looking for anyone's employment status to be affected by this error (and the past errors), but I would like to see a policy of "zero errors tolerated", and honest efforts to enforce that.

JAP69's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8499 Posts
                      Posted: August 30, 2006, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

You are right about having correct info.

I have sent them messages a couple times in the past where the previous draw results were not correct. Double entries same date etc.

Stats hunting: Type

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: August 30, 2006, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

To be honest, I'm am not looking for anyone's employment status to be affected by this error (and the past errors), but I would like to see a policy of "zero errors tolerated", and honest efforts to enforce that.

Unfortunately "zero errors" and government employees tend not to go together often. Odds are it's not someone you'd not hire yourself. I'm sure it's similar to the fine people running the Florida website (assuming it's up).

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          4614 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2006, 1:11 am - IP Logged

HELP.....HELP...."HELP ME"!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Time too "CALL".....    Party

"Little Richard" TO

the.....ResQue!

PSYKOMO 

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            21503 Posts
                            Posted: August 31, 2006, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately "zero errors" and government employees tend not to go together often. Odds are it's not someone you'd not hire yourself. I'm sure it's similar to the fine people running the Florida website (assuming it's up).

Actually, if my understanding is correct, the Florida Lottery website is maintained by an outside (i.e., non-government) organization, as are many of the state lottery web sites.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                              Charlotte NC
                              United States
                              Member #17406
                              June 18, 2005
                              4036 Posts
                              Posted: August 31, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Regardless of who is doing it, I don't think it's too much for us to ask that they get it right.

This was their reply:

Thank you for reporting your viewing concern to the South Carolina Education Lottery (SCEL).  We regret any inconvenience caused our players. All winning numbers are posted as soon as the draw results are verified and certified by an external auditor.  Our Draw Operators then verify that the numbers are viewable on the website.Thank you for your interest in the South Carolina Education Lottery.

takeemtothebank