Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:28 am
You last visited September 24, 2014, 12:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Fantasy 5 ez match is it fair?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #45802
August 28, 2006
335 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2006, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I am a new member and need some information about the Florida Lottery.  If anyone could give me an Internet reference to how they pick the numbers (by computer or by machine) I would appreciate it.  There has got to be some reading and writing about that process but I cannot find anything on the Florida Lottery web site, but this is no surprise.

They started a new adder to the current Fantasy 5 (pick 5) game I believe in April or May called EZ MATCH.  For another dollar per draw you can let the computer see if you match some numbers and can win some dollars instantly while at the retailers terminal.  It is almost like a quick pick with immediate results.  I sent an e-mail to the lottery commission to get some infor and of course never received a reply.  I wanted to know what criteria was used to pick the winners, was it an RNG at the terminal or in Tallahassee (lottery headquarters), was there a limit to the number of prizes per day, etc, etc.  No response at all.

It looks to me like the fix is in what do you all think?

Does anyone know if RNG's are better at the retailer or your own personal RNG which I currently use?

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5583 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2006, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I am a new member and need some information about the Florida Lottery.  If anyone could give me an Internet reference to how they pick the numbers (by computer or by machine) I would appreciate it.  There has got to be some reading and writing about that process but I cannot find anything on the Florida Lottery web site, but this is no surprise.

They started a new adder to the current Fantasy 5 (pick 5) game I believe in April or May called EZ MATCH.  For another dollar per draw you can let the computer see if you match some numbers and can win some dollars instantly while at the retailers terminal.  It is almost like a quick pick with immediate results.  I sent an e-mail to the lottery commission to get some infor and of course never received a reply.  I wanted to know what criteria was used to pick the winners, was it an RNG at the terminal or in Tallahassee (lottery headquarters), was there a limit to the number of prizes per day, etc, etc.  No response at all.

It looks to me like the fix is in what do you all think?

Does anyone know if RNG's are better at the retailer or your own personal RNG which I currently use?

It has to be an RNG considering they give you the numbers right away.

A prize match of 500 bucks is worse than the p-3, so I would stick with the p-3. I won twice on one ticket equaling 15 bucks.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/130875/564039?q=Florida%27s+EZ+match

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5583 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2006, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm wrong. It's not random. This is after reading Duckman's post about the subject. Duckman is correct in saying that if it was random, each chance to win would have be equal to hit 500 bucks, but now I do remember that it is predetermined, considering the odds are over 210,000 to win 500 bucks.....LOL

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2006, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Of course it's fair. It's like rolling a virtual 210,000-sided die.

(insert signature here)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21538 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2006, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 5 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.