Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:50 am
You last visited September 19, 2014, 7:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Workout for Pick 5, 5+ and 6 games

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1107 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2006, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

RJOH recently commented on the lack of workouts for Pick 5, Jackpot and Pick 6 games in LP.

I think just about all serious lottery players have various schemes they use to pick their numbers. Having massaged lottery numbers for many years, I suspect some of the systems, which I call substitutes, key on frequency of individual numbers, odds and evens, roots, sums, and a variety of other data streams based on winning numbers for a particular game.

Complexity is probably the reason why players, even the ones who are willing to share their knowlege, don't offer anything useful.

I have two main prediction schemes. Both are complex and require considerable amount of time to contruct and maintain. Actually, I'm in the maintain mode. I went through the construction mode and, believe me, it wasn't a picnic.

I'm a retired widower. I have lots of time. Playing the lottery is entertainment for me. While some folks will go out and spend $100 for food, drink, movies, or whatever, I'll spend less money on the lottery. It's a fun thing to do. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and have a major win - maybe not. I've had some wins. Second level prizes provide playing funds. But, I won't lie. I'm way behind, just like 99.9 percent of the folks who play regularly.

Anyone who reads the many comments posted here knows that other players are skeptical when someone offers a scheme. And  rightfully so. Some of the Pick 3 schemes are really far out. I'm sure some Pick 3/4 folks have found the secret and are winning regularly. Same is probably true of the other games.

I'd like to share my prediction methods. It won't be easy thing to do. There will be manifold questions at every step and possibility of lots of confusion. I think I know of an easy way to do it.

But before I give the details, I need to show that my systems work. That is, they do provide some periodic wins, which is about all one can expect. Winning the lottery is not any easy chore. If it was, we wouldn't have lotteries. All we can do is develope prediction methods that incorporate as many features as can be understood and used, and then hope for the best, or, rely on the luck of the draw.

I'm in Texas. The pick 5 game is Pick 5/37. The drawings are held 6 days a week. The jackpots are running about $30,000. It's a rolldown game, so, the 4/5 prizes sometimes reach about $600. The smallest prize is $2 for 2/5. The 3/5 prize average $10.

I'm going to begin this exercise with my selections for Oct. 4 and the numbers I'm playing today. I'g going to do this for awhile - maybe a week or so. Those who are following can then decide whether or not they want more.

Like I said, describing a lottery prediction system and telling how it is used is no easy chore. If I'm convinced there is a body of interest I'll take the next step. If the response is small, or none at all, then, of course, that will be the end of it.

I'm going to provide my selection in a separate post.

I'm sure that the abbreviated data is going to prompt some questions.

And for your information. I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. SO, PLEASE, JUST FOLLOW THE POSTS, RIGHT DOWN YOUR QUESTIONS AND WAIT UNTIL THE APPROPRIATE TIME. I'M SERIOUS, SO DON'T LET YOUR FEELINGS BE HURT WHEN ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS GO UNANSWERED. JUST BEAR WITH ME. EVERYTING WILL BE EXPLAINED DUE TIME.

Thanks for your interest.

Bobby

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    4619 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

bobby623:

Sound's like U-R say'in........

"YOU" can pick FIVE'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM............PSYKOMO.............a few FAN-5.................HIT$$$$

HyperHurray!White BounceWhite BounceMail For YouWhite BounceWhite BounceDanceDance

LOL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO 

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1000 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2006, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I love boldness.  Go for it.  You might find you have an enthusiastic following

The older I get the bolder I become.  Having retired 9 months ago I am finding that I no longer become embarrassed by some of the things that used to send me under the table in shame.  I hope you are the same.

Now there will be ugly, negative, demeaning posts to almost everything you say.  Ignore them; trust us who are looking forward to you "putting yourself out there".  Your detractors would not dare do what you say you will do. 

United States
        Member #38388
        April 28, 2006
        410 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2006, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I am interested..

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
          BOSTON
          United States
          Member #48
          September 9, 2001
          3198 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2006, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

please go ahead with it and i will follow using my 5/35 lotto mass cash and see if anything happens. Is that ok?

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
            Constitutional Money Is Real Money
            Brick City
            United States
            Member #1216
            March 3, 2003
            1333 Posts
            Posted: October 7, 2006, 6:53 am - IP Logged

I like what you have been posting so far. Please continue. It looks like you are on to something big. Good luck!

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1388 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

I know I welcome any and all ideas that present oppurtunity to enhance number selection process while reduceing the overall pick-pool of numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Sir Metro

San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1107 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2006, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Here we go!

I'm going to assume that everyone following this post has experience with lottery numbers.

Before I begin, I think I need to review how winning numbers are drawn in Texas.

For Cash 5, they use 3 ball machines and 7 sets of balls. Sometime on the day of the drawining, someone opens the storage area and uses a device to determine which machine and ball will be used, plus an alternate machine and ball set.

The machine is brought to the studio and the balls are loaded. They then conduct 4 separate pre-tests. The combinations are recorded and published on the lottery website, but not early enough for anyone to use the information.

At appropriate time, they conduct drawing No. 5, which is the real one. The balls are mixed and within a few seconds 5 balls are the chute. These are recorded and published as the winning numbers.

I don't think you have to be an expert in any field to realize there is no way under the sun that anyone can predict ahead of time what those 5 numbers will be. Case closed.

But at the same time, as you watch the chaos going on in the that drawing machine, you have to think that there ought to be someway to reflect that activity in a useful way. I did and two words came to mind - gaps and trends.

The gap idea has been around for a long time. It's described in articles and books. It's just one of many ideas, techniques, whatever, that have been in circulation since lotteries began.

There are several ways to determine gaps. I'm going to tell you how I do it in a  simple but effective way.

The first thing you need to do is to go to your state lottery website and get the winning numbers for the last 30 drawings. You need to transcribe them on graph paper using the following rule:

Use A any number between 1 and 9, B for any number between 10 and 19, C for any number between 20 and 29, D for any number between 30 and 39, E for any number between 40 and 49 and F for any number between 50 and 59.

On top of the sheet of graph paper enter the name of the lottery you are working with. I suggest a Pick 5 lottery. You can work with the other pick 5, 5+ and 6 lotteries at a later time.

On the left side enter the drawing date, skip couple columns and write in the winning numbers in NUMERICAL order, and its alphabetical sequence.

For example,  you could have 1007  1 10. 23. 28 37  ABCCD. Then the next line, etc.

As you do this, and if your are paying attention, something is going to snap as you build the alphabetical sequences. More later.

You will update this data after each drawing. I suggest you get the numbers from the website. Newspapers, TV often give out incorrect numbers.

Next step is to get a fresh sheet of graph paper. Mark it as a worksheet for A numbers.
                Beginning on the left, start a # column. Write in the numbers 1 to 9 down the column. Skip a column and start a column headed G, then a column headed H, a column headed V, a column headed W and a column headed X. Write in the numbers 1-9 down each column. These are the gap numbers.

To review:  #  GSHVWX

This sequence of columns NEVER changes.

Go to your winning number worksheet and transcribe all the A numbers in the # column, which is the lotto number column, IN ORDER OF OCCURRENCE. Everything you will be doing will, should, be done in the order in which they occur. If a winning combination is 2.4.7.10.12, for example, you would write down 2, 4, 7.  This is very important. If you violate this rule, then all subsequent data will be corrupt.

If you are set up, the first line should have 1's all across. As you go down, you will have a line of 9s, or 10s, if you are doing the B numbers.

I'm going to use the A numbers for the TX Cash 5 lottery I'm tracking.

The first A number is 1. I enter it below the 9 and then I COUNT UP COLUMN to the number 1 at top of the column. This is 9 spaces.

I then cross off the 1 and enter a 9 in the S column below the 9 that is already there.
                I then count up the S column to the 9, which is a space of 1. I cross off the 9 and enter a 1 in the H column below the 9 thats already there.
                I then count up the H column to the 1 and enter a 9 in the V column below the 9 that is already there.
                I then count up to 9 in the V column and enter a 9 in the W column. I then count up to the 9 in the W column and enter a 1 in the X column.

The first line should read:  1  919191.

Very important that you cross off each number counted. Don't blot it out. Just use a light cross to indicate that the number has been counted.

The second A number in my Cash 5 is 3.

Starting with the last number in the column, I count up to number 3, which in this case is 8 spaces. I cross off the 3 and enter an 8 in the G column. I then count up to 8 in the G column, which is 2 spaces. I cross off the 8 and a 2 in the S column. I then count up to the 2 in the S column, cross it off and enter a 9 in the H column. 

I count up the 9 in the H column, cross it off and enter 1 in the V column. I count up to 1 in the V column, cross it off and enter a 1 in the W column. I then count up to 1 in W column, cross it off and enter a 9 in the X column. I then go up and cross out the 9 in the X column.

The second line reads:  3 829119

Continuing the third lottery number is 7.
                I count up the # column to 7. I cross it off and enter a 5 in the G column. I count up the G column to 5, cross it off and enter a 5 in the S column. I count up to 5 in the S column, cross it off and enter a 7 in the H column. I count up the H column to 7, cross it off and enter a 3 in the V column. I count up to 3 in the V column, cross it off and enter an 8 in the W column. I count up to 8 in the W column, cross if off and enter a 3 in the X column. I then go up and cross out the 3 in X column.

The third line reads: 7 557383.

Continue this scheme until all of the A numbers have been entered.

You need to take your time, try not to make any mistakes. Write plainly. You only have to do this once (for each lottery) and it has to be correct.

You know you have made a mistake when you count up a column to a certain number and find that you have already crossed off!!!  Or, you find the same number twice, an indication that you failed to cross one of them off!!! You should never have more than 9 active A numbers and gaps.

When you have entered the last lottery number and computed the gaps, you will have a rather messy piece of very important graph paper. You need to keep it. It will have further use.

What you do at this point is get yourself a fresh sheet of graph paper. Enter the column headings at top left I use a red pencil for the A gaps.  At bottom of the sheet, enter the word MASTER. Enter an A above the S.

Refer to your gap worksheet and enter the nine lottery numbers down the column in the order that they appear. You can use regular pencil or a color pencil. I use color to indicate that it's the starting point.

Now enter the gap numbers in the order in which they appear down the appropriate column.

After you have completed you master set of data,

you need to get 6 sheets of graph paper. If you have the kind that has small cells, that would be good. If not, regular cells will work.

Turn the graph sheet side ways. At the top left, 3 column to the right and 3 columns down, enter AG in the color your are using. Immediately below the AG enter numbers 1 thru 9 and a 'dot.'

To the right of AG, enter the first draw date of the numbers you are using. Enter only the draw dates, across the top of the sheet.

At the bottom of the sheet, at least 6 rows from the bottom of the page, enter the A gaps in the order they occur on your worksheet.  This will begin 1.2.3, etc, and continue for as many numbers as you have. Enter ALL of the numbers.

When you are done, you will have a string of numbers from which you will create other aids. This data stream is unique to itself. It was created using lotto numbers, but will stand alone from here on.

Take a second sheet of graph paper, mark it AS and follow the same procedure as indicated for AG.

Again, you will have a stand alone data stream. At no point will you ever cross check it with another gap stream or in any other manner. It's a unique stream.

Take a third sheet of graph paper, mark it AH and follow the same procedure for AG and
                AS. This is another unique, stand alone data string.

Follow the same procedure for AV, AW and AX.

Bottom line, you will have 6 repeat 6 unique data strings, which you will use to make your predictions.

Continuing, get another fresh sheet of graph paper. At the bottom of the page, enter MASTER. Above this word enter INVENTORY. Above that enter A-GAPS.

At the top of the sheet on the left, about 5 columns over enter AG. Below that, enter the numbers 1- 9.

A couple of rows below, enter AS and the numbers 1-9. Below that, enter AH and the numbers 1-0

Go back to the top of the sheet and in the middle of the page enter AV, 1 to 9, then AW, 1-9 and then, AX, 1-9.

Referring to your gap work sheet, conduct an inventory of the gap numbers in each of the 6 strings.

Use 4 down marks and a cross for each 5 occurrences.

When you are done, you will notice that although each string was created from lottery numbers, the count and frequency distributions vary, which is good.

The 'dot' will be used to enter the 'skips'  on the draw date that they occur. More later.

Hope I have not made any mistakes explaining this. It's a simple procedure but can take a toll on your eyes. But, it will pay off later.

Next: Distribution and count charts.

Thanks for your interest,

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1107 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2006, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I failed to mention that after you have process the A numbers, you need to go the B numbers. You will follow the exact same procedure, only there will be 10 numbers The number of Ds depends on the number of numbers in the lottery.

Put all your A data is a separate folder. I call it a playbook, for reasons that will become clear as we proceed with the D&C charts, which is the heart of this gap strategy.

Bobby

stephi's avatar - winifrid
                    rural lowcountry, south carolina
                    United States
                    Member #31677
                    February 2, 2006
                    196 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2006, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

thanks Bobby, I appreciate it.

ccbrown33's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #4780
                      May 24, 2004
                      124 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2006, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks ... Bobby....

San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1107 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

WOW 
                        Spent long time explaning the D&C charts and how they are used to predict lottery numbers.

When I hit the Post Reply, got an error message!

Will have to start over

Todd

Did I do something wrong?  Was the post too long? Have I used up my post quota?

Thans for your interest

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1107 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Second try

Distribution and Count charts.

I'm going to give you the format only. Will discuss how to use the data in another post.

Get a fresh sheet of graph paper.

In the upper left corner, enter AG, using a color pencil. I use red for all A numbers and gaps.

Drop down a line, give columns over and enter #.

Skip a column and enter G

Refer to your master list and enter the sequences, which will be mixed.

At the bottom of sheet, on left, 5 columns from the side enter 1 - 9, in color.

Refer to your Master inventory. Using a pencil, enter the totals for each using the 4 down strokes, cross method for 5 occurences in as many columns as it takes.

At bottom of the sheet in center, on bottom line, enter Round 1. Above this, enter D&C. Above that enter AG.

In the center of the page on line adjacent to 1, enter an H. Skip down one line and enter an M. Skip down another line and enter L. Skip down another line and enter VL.

Refer next post.

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1107 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2006, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Construct D&C charts for AS, AH. AV. AW and AX.

Rememberthe sequence  # GSHVWX.

You can't get to X without going through GSHVW. Therefore the D&C for AX will have all of the sequences.

You of course will construct D&C charts for the Bs, Cs and Ds.

Also E and F, if you are doing MM or a pick 6 lottery.

Time for YOU to decide how you are going to use the charts for the lottery you are tracking.

I'm going to tell you how I did my Tx Cash 5. You will follow the guideline.

Im working with the AG chart.

The totals in the inventory are:  1-22, 2-27, 3.24, 4-25, 5-30, 6-30, 7-30, 29-8 and 34-9.

I've laid out these totals and broke it into 3 parts.

I've decided any total 30 and above is an H gap. So, to the right of H, I've entered 30+.

Looking at the distribution, I find there are 2 gaps that fit,  6 and 9.

Ive decided any total between 27 and 29 is an M gap. I've entered this to the right of M. Looking at the distribution, I find there are 4 gaps that fit, 2.5.7.8. Ive entered these on the M line

Further, Ive decided that totals between 22-34 are L gaps. Ive entered this to the right of L and the gaps 1.3.4.

On some charts, you will hve gaps that are really low, in comparions with other totals. These would be classed as VL.

I'm assuming that all who are interested in this strategy will want to constuct 6 D&C charts. But, you don't have to have that many.  You can go with 4 graphs,  AG, AS, AH and AV.

Your choice.

You need to finish all of the D&C charts. Put them in separate folders, or playbooks.

You should have the orgiinal worksheet,  a new master,  master inventory, a Sequence chart (will explain) and the D&C charts.

More later.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              21527 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2006, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

The Internet, by its very nature, is much more fragile than programs running on your home computer.  When posting large and complex posts (and even for small ones!) it is always a good idea to quickly "select all" the content in the editor and the "copy" just before posting your message.  That way, if an error occurs, the whole message is on your clipboard, so you can just go back to the editor and paste it back in.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!