Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:09 pm
You last visited July 22, 2014, 3:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I won 2,000,000.00 Euros

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5583 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I get a lot of Nigerian offers in Email asking me to collect my portion or fee for putting funds in my name, and giving the person their share. I know that's a scam, but this one caught my eye. It has an agent's name to contact,  phone number, fax number, address, ref# and batch #s that I deleted out, just in case this is for real, and they didn't ask for info on my bank account.

But a red flag went up when I thought that if I really won, wouldn't I get a certified letter in the mail? Who knows...I'm gonna investigate..

I emailed them back saying I can't make offshore calls from my cell number, and gave them my cell number to call me back.

Who knows, maybe this is the real deal.

I have two weeks to claim this money from this final notification. 

EUROPEAN SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION
49 xxxxxxxx  xxxxxx    xxxx 

London , xxxx xxxx  xxx 

United Kingdom.

Ref#: xxxxxxxxxxx

batch#: xxxxxxxxxxxx

AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw of the EUROPEAN SWEEPSTAKES  International programs held on the 20th of MARCH 2007 in CROYDON, LONDON  Your email address attached to ticket number :1456 with serial number :5555/04 drew the lucky number 3-1-174, which subsequently won you the lottery in the first category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 2,000,000.00 (Two million euros) in cash credited to file wlp/23456/05. This is from a total cash prize of 60,000,000 Million euros, shared amongst the first thirty (30) lucky winners in this category.

In view of this, your 2,000,000.00 (Two million euros) would be released to you by our redemption centers  and Europe.

Our agents will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact our agent.

All participants were selected randomly from World wide Website through computer ballot system extracted from over 1,000,000 companies and individuals, This promotion takes place annually.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned.

To file your claims, please contact our agent:

Mr.Harry xxxxxxxxx 

Universal Trust Inc.
Email:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: +xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: +xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that all winning must be claimed not later than two weeks of receiving this notification. After this date all unclaimed, funds will be included in the next stake.

To avoid unnecessary delay and complications, Please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated agent.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program!!!

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.                             

Sincerely,

nobie23's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #3009
    December 12, 2003
    2065 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I get a lot of Nigerian offers in Email asking me to collect my portion or fee for putting funds in my name, and giving the person their share. I know that's a scam, but this one caught my eye. It has an agent's name to contact,  phone number, fax number, address, ref# and batch #s that I deleted out, just in case this is for real, and they didn't ask for info on my bank account.

But a red flag went up when I thought that if I really won, wouldn't I get a certified letter in the mail? Who knows...I'm gonna investigate..

I emailed them back saying I can't make offshore calls from my cell number, and gave them my cell number to call me back.

Who knows, maybe this is the real deal.

I have two weeks to claim this money from this final notification. 

EUROPEAN SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION
    49 xxxxxxxx  xxxxxx    xxxx 

London , xxxx xxxx  xxx 

United Kingdom.

Ref#: xxxxxxxxxxx

batch#: xxxxxxxxxxxx

AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw of the EUROPEAN SWEEPSTAKES  International programs held on the 20th of MARCH 2007 in CROYDON, LONDON  Your email address attached to ticket number :1456 with serial number :5555/04 drew the lucky number 3-1-174, which subsequently won you the lottery in the first category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 2,000,000.00 (Two million euros) in cash credited to file wlp/23456/05. This is from a total cash prize of 60,000,000 Million euros, shared amongst the first thirty (30) lucky winners in this category.

In view of this, your 2,000,000.00 (Two million euros) would be released to you by our redemption centers  and Europe.

Our agents will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact our agent.

All participants were selected randomly from World wide Website through computer ballot system extracted from over 1,000,000 companies and individuals, This promotion takes place annually.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned.

To file your claims, please contact our agent:

Mr.Harry xxxxxxxxx 

Universal Trust Inc.
    Email:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: +xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Fax: +xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that all winning must be claimed not later than two weeks of receiving this notification. After this date all unclaimed, funds will be included in the next stake.

To avoid unnecessary delay and complications, Please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated agent.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program!!!

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.                             

Sincerely,

Not only do I get these as emails; also as regular mail. I tear them up!!!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2010 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

You have to be kidding me? You actuaully believed this? LOL Been getting them for years, and that EXACT one many times. I like to play with them and send them fake account numbers, and tell them I want 80% at least or no deal. Of course they have never responded.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5583 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Not only do I get these as emails; also as regular mail. I tear them up!!!

Did you ever try calling them to see what the catch is?

Like personal banking info.....That's when you know it's a scam, otherwise they would be more than happy to send you a certified check...LOL

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5583 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

You have to be kidding me? You actuaully believed this? LOL Been getting them for years, and that EXACT one many times. I like to play with them and send them fake account numbers, and tell them I want 80% at least or no deal. Of course they have never responded.

Well that clears it up for me. That's basically what I was asking...whether they asked for personal info. Oh well...It was good while it lasted...LOL

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5583 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I knew a friend back in the Navy days who would enter into as many sweepstakes as possible. He did win big twice. He won 10 grand at one time and a couple of years later won a new motorcycle.

His advice to me was..If I wanted to win more often, I would have to follow all the rules of the sweepstakes to the "T". One example was that If the sweepstakes askedfor a card of a certain size, It had to be exactly those dimensions or you would be disqualified. Little details that most participants overlooked and automatically get disqualified.

I just don't remember entering any sweepstakes in England..LOL

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5583 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2007, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

How do you tear up an Email?

I guess you print it and then tear it? Or is there a new feature in the Vista software? Like virtual tearup....

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                4614 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2007, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

How do you tear up an Email?

I guess you print it and then tear it? Or is there a new feature in the Vista software? Like virtual tearup....

?????????????????????????that sounds like BAIT & SWITCH 00000

to a PSYKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&00000

if you know whatha do'ginnUUUUUUUUUkkkkkkan virtual tearup.......

their assssssssssssssssssseeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttssssssss00000

on the cablessssssssssssssLATE@certainTIMESinthe..............ZONE..

this crap is from .................but the small fry can be caught like FISH!!

LET's GO FISH'in!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  4614 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2007, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

?????????????????????????that sounds like BAIT & SWITCH 00000

to a PSYKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&00000

if you know whatha do'ginnUUUUUUUUUkkkkkkan virtual tearup.......

their assssssssssssssssssseeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttssssssss00000

on the cablessssssssssssssLATE@certainTIMESinthe..............ZONE..

this crap is from .................but the small fry can be caught like FISH!!

LET's GO FISH'in!

KO>>>>>>>>>>>>>Party"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                    Viva La Chance!
                    Rockville, MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    4882 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Fishing season is open year 'round on the other side of the pond that is why there are no fish left on the other side, so they come here to fish.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Fishing season is open year 'round on the other side of the pond that is why there are no fish left on the other side, so they come here to fish.

All right....I'll bite....LOL

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #50273
                        March 3, 2007
                        329 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Bro, this is a PHISHING attempt.  When you contact them I am sure they will start to ask you all sorts of personal info like your SSN, a bank account number to deposit the money, a few credit card numbers to "validate" your identity, your name, birthday, and address.  Then they will say your money will be deposited into said account in x amount of time.  You never hear from them again.  Now they have ALL your personal info and you have nothing but the feeling of being jerked.

Also, the grammer is NOT consistent with vernacular of the U.K. 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #1303
                          March 27, 2003
                          1508 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

If you did not enter the sweepstakes, you can not win the sweepstakes.

Unless you believe in money for nothing.  In which case, you and the Nigerian have the same belief.

Except the Nigerian gets the money. YOUR money.  For nothng !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Bro, this is a PHISHING attempt.  When you contact them I am sure they will start to ask you all sorts of personal info like your SSN, a bank account number to deposit the money, a few credit card numbers to "validate" your identity, your name, birthday, and address.  Then they will say your money will be deposited into said account in x amount of time.  You never hear from them again.  Now they have ALL your personal info and you have nothing but the feeling of being jerked.

Also, the grammer is NOT consistent with vernacular of the U.K. 

I know dude...people here have obviously been through this already. I'm not gullible but leave room for improvement nonetheless...I wanna thank everyone who gave me the heads up on this. I'm not too savvy in this area and wanted to get the many perspectives to make a decision.

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

If you did not enter the sweepstakes, you can not win the sweepstakes.

Unless you believe in money for nothing.  In which case, you and the Nigerian have the same belief.

Except the Nigerian gets the money. YOUR money.  For nothng !

Money for nothin and the chics for free!.....

I love my...I love my...I love my MTV....