Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:13 pm
You last visited October 30, 2014, 2:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

scratch off amount

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by lottocalgal.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

scratch off, how often do you guys play

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2008, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

scratch off, how often do you guys play

I am ashamed to say that i am currently purchasing 1 $5 ticket daily for the California Millionaire scratcher.  I am trying to save up enough tickets to be able to mail in  at least 100 tickets all in one day for one drawing.  I have been saving to 3 months.  I am giving myself ONE drawing to shoot for.  After that its over.  I never played scratchers and won't play again after that.  I did it to increase my chances since it has a "second chance" option.

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
      Inglewood
      United States
      Member #41769
      June 22, 2006
      122 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2008, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I am ashamed to say that i am currently purchasing 1 $5 ticket daily for the California Millionaire scratcher.  I am trying to save up enough tickets to be able to mail in  at least 100 tickets all in one day for one drawing.  I have been saving to 3 months.  I am giving myself ONE drawing to shoot for.  After that its over.  I never played scratchers and won't play again after that.  I did it to increase my chances since it has a "second chance" option.

I think it's as good a strategy as any. I recently sent in 7 tickets fot the 2nd chance. I don't normally play scratchers, because I don't find most  scratcher games in California to be worth playing. Last I looked their were 13 top prizes left. I give it a shot once in a while, cause my main focus is MM, only with that game can I get the Bentley Zagato money. What I don't do any more is admit on this board how much I actually play on any game, cause I got "Beat up" on for that in the past. Do whatever, and spend whatever is right for you!! On the day that you actually hit, everyone will be your friend, and in addition, you'll be the smartest person in the world.

Good luck and hang in there!!!

CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2008, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I think it's as good a strategy as any. I recently sent in 7 tickets fot the 2nd chance. I don't normally play scratchers, because I don't find most  scratcher games in California to be worth playing. Last I looked their were 13 top prizes left. I give it a shot once in a while, cause my main focus is MM, only with that game can I get the Bentley Zagato money. What I don't do any more is admit on this board how much I actually play on any game, cause I got "Beat up" on for that in the past. Do whatever, and spend whatever is right for you!! On the day that you actually hit, everyone will be your friend, and in addition, you'll be the smartest person in the world.

Good luck and hang in there!!!

Thanks Colthmn,

I know it is alot but I am going for one big shot, and I have been saving for 3 months.  Sometime I get to increase the tickets  by  winning smaller amounts.  For instance, I will play my $5  then win  $10 or $15 and  buy more and save the original $5, that way I'm not out anything. I don't even think about playing the $1.  In my opinion, they are pathetic.  Maybe one day I'll win one of the 10 original instants that are still in play.  The last time I checked, there were 5 claimed, the last being in  Petaluma.

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
          Inglewood
          United States
          Member #41769
          June 22, 2006
          122 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2008, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Colthmn,

I know it is alot but I am going for one big shot, and I have been saving for 3 months.  Sometime I get to increase the tickets  by  winning smaller amounts.  For instance, I will play my $5  then win  $10 or $15 and  buy more and save the original $5, that way I'm not out anything. I don't even think about playing the $1.  In my opinion, they are pathetic.  Maybe one day I'll win one of the 10 original instants that are still in play.  The last time I checked, there were 5 claimed, the last being in  Petaluma.

Wouldn't it be great to get that letter in the mail- Dear, Mr./Ms. so-and-so, We are delighted to inform you that you have been awarded the 2nd chance................

Imagine getting a check for $750,000.00. I wouldn't be rich, but I'd be goodn' happy!

By the way there are still 48 $10,000.00 slots left.

Ya never know!!!

CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Wouldn't it be great to get that letter in the mail- Dear, Mr./Ms. so-and-so, We are delighted to inform you that you have been awarded the 2nd chance................

Imagine getting a check for $750,000.00. I wouldn't be rich, but I'd be goodn' happy!

By the way there are still 48 $10,000.00 slots left.

Ya never know!!!

I know.  It will set me up something fierce.  I keep thinking that I will be surprised if, while I am expecting a losing ticket just to add to my pile, one day I will scratch one of the leftover instant $1 million tickets.  I'd probably pass out right there in the store!