Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:57 am
You last visited April 18, 2014, 11:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Itchy hands = money?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
Washington *state*
United States
Member #62009
June 14, 2008
192 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

So, last night I was winding down for bed. Now, I admit I had been daydreaming again about my lottery win and how its the only way I'm gonna get out of this town this summer seeing the price of everything.  I guess I'll just camp in the back yard.  But to my story and question.........As I was sitting down on the couch debating if I was going to go to bed or not, the palms of my hands started itching something fierce! I mean they were going nuts! I was itching one hand with the other, rubbing them on the couch.....I even resorted to "knawing" on them with my front teeth!!! I was like what the heck is going on!? This is driving me crazy!! All of a sudden, a voice in my head said "Itchy palms=money!"  Something someone had said to me a long time ago.  Along with if your nose itches someones talking about you or something like that.  Is there something to this? lol Probably not, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen, and actually won something.  BTW, I had already planned to go out tonight and get my 1-Hit5 ticket, 1 Washington Lotto...and had been thinking about buying a $2 or $3 scratch ticket. Something I don't usually do.....I'm usually a $1 scratch player (when I play) What do ya think?

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    8761 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2008, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

There's something about if it's the left hand or right hand, don't remember how it goes.

If both hands were itchy, not sure.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Garner, NC
      United States
      Member #62227
      June 21, 2008
      20 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2008, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

they say, if the right hand is itching, you will GET money......and if the left hand is itching, you will SPEND money.

AND THE WINNER IS....

Washington *state*
        United States
        Member #62009
        June 14, 2008
        192 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Dang lol Roll Eyes Well, they did both itch, but I did focus more on the right if that helps. Well, I'll play tonight and see what happens...May the less itchy left means I will spend money (on my tickets) and the more aggresive hand (right) means I'll win? haha. Who knowsHyper

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

United States
          Member #58528
          February 18, 2008
          710 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2008, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

If my hands are itching it probably means my dog rolled in poison ivy before I petted him.Wink

Houston
            United States
            Member #62319
            June 24, 2008
            242 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2008, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

I've heard the same thing about itchy palms. I don't know if the meaning of it is actually true but the notion of itchy palms=money, has its' worth.

It happens to me and what I learn is that the money is usually your next paycheck or some small gains, i.e., finding some coins on the ground, a dollar in your washing machines -- stuff like that.

It rarely translates as a huge financial gain like a jackpot prize and it never comes on your own time but by human nature.

JADELottery's avatar - MeManaga
              The Quantum Master
              West Concord, MN
              United States
              Member #21
              December 7, 2001
              2756 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2008, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I think you might want to try a stronger soap next time or consult a dermatologist relatively soon.

I had that happen in both hands and I've never came into a large amount of money.

If it is true, what happens when you get bit by a mosquito in the hand and not know it was a mosquito.

Then what?

Hell, if it is true, I'd stick my hand into a whole nest of those mothers just to get some cash.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
              Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
              Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos.
              Knowledge is Beyond Belief.
              Wisdom is Not Censored.

The Name Anagram
              name - Douglas Paul Smallish
              amen - US God plus Islam Allah
              mean - Jehocifer

JADE Quintrains
              JADE at planet.infowars.com

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                7748 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2008, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Right hand itches gonna get money let hand itches gonna owe out money both hands itchy gonna give what you get right back. It has been said if either hand itches rub hand on natural wood for good luck.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  Washington *state*
                  United States
                  Member #62009
                  June 14, 2008
                  192 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2008, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Right hand itches gonna get money let hand itches gonna owe out money both hands itchy gonna give what you get right back. It has been said if either hand itches rub hand on natural wood for good luck.

HOLY TORPEDO!!! When you said "both hands itchy gonna give what ou get right back" you mean I'll get back what I spent right?......I bought my Hit5.......I bought my Washington Lotto........haven't checked em yet.  BUT I also bought my $2.00 scratcher that I was thinking about.  I spent $2.00 on it...........I won my $2.00 back!

Wow..................you called it! Now.....I shall see if I get another $2.00 back for my other tickets...

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    4411 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:19 am - IP Logged

That's how I've heard it, but I've never heard of rubbing your hand on wood for good luck if one of your hand itches.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      7748 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2008, 12:57 am - IP Logged

That's how I've heard it, but I've never heard of rubbing your hand on wood for good luck if one of your hand itches.

My Mother is Sicilian she use to tell us to rub our palm on natural wood if it itches so i guess it's from the old country or the Gipsy's. Has worked for me in the past.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2010 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2008, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Could also mean poison ivy.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23622 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2008, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I heard itchy hands meant you want to steal something.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                            Gurnee, Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #49731
                            February 12, 2007
                            835 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2008, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Apparently, ones palms have to be itching for more than just one day to signify that they will be coming into some money as that happened to that 2006 $94 million (annuitized value) Mega Millions jackpot winner from El Paso, TX.  So itchy hands for just a day...don't think you'll be having much luck.  But itchy hands for several days, possibly a week or two...well I wouldn't just play the hit or the lotto, I would be buying a mega millions ticket for every draw!  Oh and forget about the scratchers...too many variables involved to make it worth the while.  In the past when I purchased those, I only ended up buying worthless pieces of paper (IMO as those tickets never held any value to begin with when they were printed with losing combinations...OTOH buying an online ticket...MM, lotto, etc holds the potential of winning the jackpot or some other worthwhile prize as it is dictated by the numbers that are drawn...so you always have at least a chance until the numbers drawn don't actually match.)  Well I must go get me some foreign currency for my upcoming trip...British pounds and Euros baby!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

DC81's avatar - batman39
                              MI
                              United States
                              Member #54830
                              August 31, 2007
                              969 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I always heard the "itchy palm" thing too but it's never worked for me or anyone I know.

You can't predict random.