Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:03 am
You last visited October 24, 2014, 7:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$$ Beat The Pick 3 Odds $$

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Acheron.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #58526
February 18, 2008
683 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2008, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Okay, pick 3 players, here is my method to effectively beating the odds at pick 3.

First some info:

This method is for BOX hits only.

We know that out of the 1000 possible combinations for pick 3 720 of them are singles (72%).

If you look at the results for your state you will see that over the long run singles are drawn pretty close to that percentage.  Here's the percentages of drawings for Texas over the last year that were singles:

day draw = 75.2%

night draw = 69.5%

Now, I pick 5 numbers and place them into this 10 line wheel:

ABCDE
BOX WHEEL
ABC    ABC
A  CD  ACD
A    DEADE
AB  D  ABD
AB    EABE
A  C  EACE
  BCD  BCD
  BC  EBCE
    CDECDE
  B  DEBDE

This gives us every possible BOX combination for the five numbers I wheeled.  Now if a single is drawn, I have a 50% chance of having the correct numbers in the wheel (because I picked 5 of 10).

Now for the math:

If I play .50 per line that equals a $5 bet.  If I hit a BOX Texas pays me $40.  So, I only need to hit a BOX 1 out of every 8 draws to break even on my bet.  Since I have a 50% chance 72% of the time that works out to a 36% shot for each draw (slightly better than 1 in 3).  So, if I use this method over a long run, I "statistically" have a 1 in 3 shot of hitting a box and I only need to do it better than 1 in 8 to be profitable.

That's my method.  It may have been discussed previously on Lottery Post........I didn't wade through a bunch of searched posts to see.  You're not gonna get rich using this method, but it will effectively put the odds in your favor.  If you're a poker player (I LOVE POKER), it's equivalent to having good "pot odds".  Feel free to comment, or better yet, post your ideas on picking the 5 numbers to wheel.  Have fun and GOOD LUCK!

-Texas Madman

txpolo's avatar - animaniacs16

United States
    Member #173
    April 8, 2002
    5260 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2008, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Texas Madman

BananaWTG all Winner$. Hyper

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #58526
      February 18, 2008
      683 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2008, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Texas Madman

You're welcome!

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
        Member #1987
        August 5, 2003
        8812 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:02 pm - IP Logged
          rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          3409 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey Tex,

I did this a couple years ago when I played ALOT of $ on P3. About the best I could do was almost..... break even. I tried BobP's double strategy that you can find on Lotto Logix, and I tried what you described. Wheeling 5 numbers seems like it's an almost sure thing, but I never could hit once in eight draws. I always ended up in the red. I guess if you are really good at picking the right 5 numbers to wheel, you can come out ahead, but I decided it was too much work for too little $. I even went a step further and wheeled 6 numbers for 20 combos, and I still struggled to hit enough times. The problem is that hitting $40 just doesn't quite pay enough to make it profitable, (I imagine the state figured that out too).

I only play sporadically now, and I think if I ever play P3 every day again, I would play the number that has hit the most during the game's history for a buck a day. There are 313 draws (314 this year) a year. Play $1 straight each day on that one number, (for the evening draw 543, 13 hits in that order). If it comes in once, you've made a $186 profit on the game for the year. Frankly, I believe if you make a profit of any kind in a lottery, you done good.

Good luck... I really do hope you find that "holy grail" for P3.

Ron

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #58526
            February 18, 2008
            683 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey Tex,

I did this a couple years ago when I played ALOT of $ on P3. About the best I could do was almost..... break even. I tried BobP's double strategy that you can find on Lotto Logix, and I tried what you described. Wheeling 5 numbers seems like it's an almost sure thing, but I never could hit once in eight draws. I always ended up in the red. I guess if you are really good at picking the right 5 numbers to wheel, you can come out ahead, but I decided it was too much work for too little $. I even went a step further and wheeled 6 numbers for 20 combos, and I still struggled to hit enough times. The problem is that hitting $40 just doesn't quite pay enough to make it profitable, (I imagine the state figured that out too).

I only play sporadically now, and I think if I ever play P3 every day again, I would play the number that has hit the most during the game's history for a buck a day. There are 313 draws (314 this year) a year. Play $1 straight each day on that one number, (for the evening draw 543, 13 hits in that order). If it comes in once, you've made a $186 profit on the game for the year. Frankly, I believe if you make a profit of any kind in a lottery, you done good.

Good luck... I really do hope you find that "holy grail" for P3.

Ron

Yeah, in the end it all comes down to luck.  I'm experimenting with some backtesting to see how the results come out if I were to populate my wheel with the top 5 hit digits over the previous 20 draws, 30 draws, 50 draws, and so on.  Maybe it's even best just to pick five good digits and play them every draw with the wheel. 

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #46704
              September 23, 2006
              3692 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2008, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Online payouts are almost doubleWink

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                21582 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2008, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Systems forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Idesire$'s avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
                  Ellenwood,Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #60512
                  April 21, 2008
                  471 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2008, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Great info will try thanks.

Germany
                    Member #63084
                    July 18, 2008
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2008, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Hello Tex,

Thanks for sharing your method, sure wheeling give us a bit edge, now i have a different method wheeling 10 numbers to cover ALL:

this is my method iam testing now:

take any state and wheel all the 10 digits but in a set of pairs, like this:

01  - 23- 45-  67-  89

now these five pairs each wheeled with ALL

eg:01   012- 013 -014 -015- 016 -017- 018- 019 (8 wheels  excluding doubles and triples)

here excluding 010 and 011

so each pair wheeled 8 times= 5 pairs x 8 combinations=40

so i play 40 combinations at any state:

my statistics for one month for MARYLAND show that a pair combination  hits  minimum  1 ouf 8  plays. that  said  you break  even  if  you  hit one out of eight.

with some luck you hit two times out of 8 , so here is a small profit since you win 2 (2x40=80$) and lose 6 times . now the difference is  you must play ONLINE it pays the double 40$ for 0,25 and 80$ for 0,5$.

now here comes the question:

what is the best effective method to play consecutive pairs (23-45-etc)  or non consecutive pairs.

I have studied the results  for one month  MARYLAND  50 % came consecutive and 50% NON consecutive.

that#s my method to beat  pick  3, hope  to see your comments or any suggestions, may be BOB P CAN help us,

thanks all

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Kunming
                      China
                      Member #57910
                      January 23, 2008
                      3358 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2008, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Okay, pick 3 players, here is my method to effectively beating the odds at pick 3.

First some info:

This method is for BOX hits only.

We know that out of the 1000 possible combinations for pick 3 720 of them are singles (72%).

If you look at the results for your state you will see that over the long run singles are drawn pretty close to that percentage.  Here's the percentages of drawings for Texas over the last year that were singles:

day draw = 75.2%

night draw = 69.5%

Now, I pick 5 numbers and place them into this 10 line wheel:

ABCDE
                      BOX WHEEL
                      ABC    ABC
                      A  CD  ACD
                      A    DEADE
                      AB  D  ABD
                      AB    EABE
                      A  C  EACE
                        BCD  BCD
                        BC  EBCE
                          CDECDE
                        B  DEBDE

This gives us every possible BOX combination for the five numbers I wheeled.  Now if a single is drawn, I have a 50% chance of having the correct numbers in the wheel (because I picked 5 of 10).

Now for the math:

If I play .50 per line that equals a $5 bet.  If I hit a BOX Texas pays me $40.  So, I only need to hit a BOX 1 out of every 8 draws to break even on my bet.  Since I have a 50% chance 72% of the time that works out to a 36% shot for each draw (slightly better than 1 in 3).  So, if I use this method over a long run, I "statistically" have a 1 in 3 shot of hitting a box and I only need to do it better than 1 in 8 to be profitable.

That's my method.  It may have been discussed previously on Lottery Post........I didn't wade through a bunch of searched posts to see.  You're not gonna get rich using this method, but it will effectively put the odds in your favor.  If you're a poker player (I LOVE POKER), it's equivalent to having good "pot odds".  Feel free to comment, or better yet, post your ideas on picking the 5 numbers to wheel.  Have fun and GOOD LUCK!

-Texas Madman

Thanks for sharing Texas Madman. I think this is a great confidence builder too. Thumbs Up

I'll be trying Automatic Writing to get the winning lottery numbers.

Automatic writing  is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing. The words are claimed to arise from a subconscious, spiritual or supernatural source.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #58526
                        February 18, 2008
                        683 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2008, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello Tex,

Thanks for sharing your method, sure wheeling give us a bit edge, now i have a different method wheeling 10 numbers to cover ALL:

this is my method iam testing now:

take any state and wheel all the 10 digits but in a set of pairs, like this:

01  - 23- 45-  67-  89

now these five pairs each wheeled with ALL

eg:01   012- 013 -014 -015- 016 -017- 018- 019 (8 wheels  excluding doubles and triples)

here excluding 010 and 011

so each pair wheeled 8 times= 5 pairs x 8 combinations=40

so i play 40 combinations at any state:

my statistics for one month for MARYLAND show that a pair combination  hits  minimum  1 ouf 8  plays. that  said  you break  even  if  you  hit one out of eight.

with some luck you hit two times out of 8 , so here is a small profit since you win 2 (2x40=80$) and lose 6 times . now the difference is  you must play ONLINE it pays the double 40$ for 0,25 and 80$ for 0,5$.

now here comes the question:

what is the best effective method to play consecutive pairs (23-45-etc)  or non consecutive pairs.

I have studied the results  for one month  MARYLAND  50 % came consecutive and 50% NON consecutive.

that#s my method to beat  pick  3, hope  to see your comments or any suggestions, may be BOB P CAN help us,

thanks all

Thanks for the info, lottomania.  I've been trying to get started playing online but it seems that I'm out of luck 'cause I'm in the good 'ole U.S. Mad  No way to deposit money without a hefty fee.

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                          rainbow lake
                          Canada
                          Member #25177
                          November 2, 2005
                          10689 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info, lottomania.  I've been trying to get started playing online but it seems that I'm out of luck 'cause I'm in the good 'ole U.S. Mad  No way to deposit money without a hefty fee.

This is a nice wheel, The key of any big win is to bet bigger on pick 3, so save your money, work this systems with other systems and you will get some nice wins,

May take 30 days before you set that series of bets, though,

pick a pair and play it!

50 ,57 good pairs,( WC)

37,38 sweet pair.(WC)

total of 4 pairs,

8XX for straights (WC)

RS 9 Due

Secret to $uccess=Law of Attraction

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #58526
                            February 18, 2008
                            683 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2008, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

This is a nice wheel, The key of any big win is to bet bigger on pick 3, so save your money, work this systems with other systems and you will get some nice wins,

May take 30 days before you set that series of bets, though,

pick a pair and play it!

50 ,57 good pairs,( WC)

37,38 sweet pair.(WC)

total of 4 pairs,

8XX for straights (WC)

RS 9 Due

Thanks!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1107 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2008, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

There are many ways to wheel a group of numbers to play.
                              The more numbers in play, the greater number of sets one has to play to cover all the bases, so to speak.

What is missing here is the method used to select the 5 numbers to play.

Are you going to share your method(s)?