Welcome Guest
The time is now 6:40 am
You last visited October 31, 2014, 6:29 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Single Quick Picks or 5 or more QP's on a sheet?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 6 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Southwest Florida
United States
Member #56183
November 6, 2007
75 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2008, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Just wondering, is there any rhyme or reason to getting QP's individually or getting them grouped in $5 increments?  For example, if I was to spend $20, would it be better to get 20 individual tickets or 1 sheet with 20 QP's or 2 sheets of 10 QP's or 4 sheets of 5 QP's?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    17949 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2008, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Some states have a limit on the number of tickets on a play slip or in a group and when you order 10 QP's, you'll get 5 on two slips or 10 on one slip accordingly.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
    * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
         Wink 

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      977 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that when I usually buy five EP/QP on a ticket that I get a lot more numbers that repeat from line to line. When I get individual tickets it seems to happen less. Granted, repeated numbers aren't exactly a bad thing since they still have a chance of winning but it's just annoying.

You can't predict random.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1841 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2008, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

The most number of sets that can be printed on our lottery tickets is 10. I noticed at some places, when I buy a $10 QP, some clerks give me a single $10 ticket, while others will print 2 $5 tickets, which is fine by me. Does it affect your odds? No.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Southwest Florida
          United States
          Member #56183
          November 6, 2007
          75 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2008, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that when I usually buy five EP/QP on a ticket that I get a lot more numbers that repeat from line to line. When I get individual tickets it seems to happen less. Granted, repeated numbers aren't exactly a bad thing since they still have a chance of winning but it's just annoying.

I agree!  Alot of times very similiar numbers come out.  I particularly like to have the numbers print out $5 at a time.  I don't know why.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            9124 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2008, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it matters.

In Illinois the playslips have five games on them and that's the most lines that will appear on one ticket for Little Lotto, Lotto, and Mega Millions.

The Pick 3 and Pick 4 playslips also have five games but those tickets are printed one by one.

In the Illinois Pick 6 (6/52) for every two lines of numbers ($1 play) you are usually going to get 0, 1, or 2 hits, none of which pays anything.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Southwest Florida
              United States
              Member #56183
              November 6, 2007
              75 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I started this thread because I was wondering about how many Lotto, MM or Powerball winners have purchased single tickets or multiple ones.  I guess it probably doesn't matter in the end, but it's interesting trying to find out as many factoids as possible regarding this fun game we all indulge in!Cheers

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                977 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

After the experiences I've had, I just started to either buy either one at a time,  one at different locations or just get five separately. Sometimes I still get a single ticket with multiple lines but only when I'm out of town, it doesn't seem to happen as much when I do.

You can't predict random.

Southwest Florida
                  United States
                  Member #56183
                  November 6, 2007
                  75 Posts
                  Posted: October 24, 2008, 1:17 am - IP Logged

After the experiences I've had, I just started to either buy either one at a time,  one at different locations or just get five separately. Sometimes I still get a single ticket with multiple lines but only when I'm out of town, it doesn't seem to happen as much when I do.

I usually break up my ticket purchases also.  Not sure why, but part of playing the "game", I guess!Smile

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
                    Member #65357
                    September 25, 2008
                    96 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2008, 8:41 am - IP Logged

good question.   

I've seen people loaf around the store and suddenly hop in line when someone was buying tickets. 

it worked for me a couple weeks ago.

just happened to walk in and got 3 dollar quickpick and won seven bucks. 

well, it was a big win to me. lol..................................

ok, but i prefer breaking quickpicks up, usually in three's.

indiana has an odd payoff in there lottery game.  if you get two out of six they give you a free quickpick

i thought they would credit my other quickpick ticket, found out different.

they printed additional quickpicks, one at a time.   

cashed in five of those single quickpicks, only had one number, the rest were duds.

Southwest Florida
                      United States
                      Member #56183
                      November 6, 2007
                      75 Posts
                      Posted: October 24, 2008, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I seem to have better luck with the $5 sheets.  Everytime I get $5 in singles, it seems that I don't win as much.  I know that may sound stupid, but thats how I feel about it!No Nod

For example, I'll buy an occasional MM ticket or two.  Never have gotten a win of any kind.  A couple of us at work put together $20, won $16 and three free tickets!Cheers

Maybe it was chance...I don't know!  It was fun, though!Party

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                        CT
                        United States
                        Member #61398
                        May 21, 2008
                        781 Posts
                        Posted: October 24, 2008, 9:51 am - IP Logged

If I buy QP's, I'll just get them on the same ticket.  But I did come across a scenerio where it might be beneficial to buy individual tickets.

I typically wheel 7 numbers for the CT Cash 5 game, and caught $320 one night with a distribution that looked something like:

1-2-3-4-5

1-2-3-5-6

1-2-4-6-7

With the Result being: 1-2-3-4-8

The payout for 4 of 5 is $300 ($10 for 3 of 5), and had the result included a 5 instead of a 4, I would have won $300 twice on 1 slip which would have forced me to collect my winnings (anything over $599) at the lottery headquarters and been assessed taxes.  If I had the number sets printed on individual tickets I would have been able to collect $300 twice at two different locations, and not worried about taxes.

Fortunately for Powerball or any jackpot game the breakup in winning amounts usually jump after $100 (next step is $10,000 in PB), so it's not possible to have enough $100 winning combinations on one ticket (5 max on one slip here in CT) to be forced to collect them as a group at the lottery HQ.  If you were able to get 10 on one slip and you are playing all similiar or repeating combinations, breaking up the tickets might be a better option for you in this scenerio.

Southwest Florida
                          United States
                          Member #56183
                          November 6, 2007
                          75 Posts
                          Posted: October 24, 2008, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I won't mind paying taxes when I (we) win enough to warrant it!Smash

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                            CT
                            United States
                            Member #61398
                            May 21, 2008
                            781 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya, but I would rather win $300 + $300 = $600, instead of $600 / 2 (taxes) = $300 Wink

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              4641 Posts
                              Posted: October 27, 2008, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering, is there any rhyme or reason to getting QP's individually or getting them grouped in $5 increments?  For example, if I was to spend $20, would it be better to get 20 individual tickets or 1 sheet with 20 QP's or 2 sheets of 10 QP's or 4 sheets of 5 QP's?

IN ALL DUE RESPECT to "U">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

IF I wanted 2 get them individually>>>>>>psyko would run all OVER

town and buy (1) at each terminal>>>>>>along the WAY 1-2-3-4 ect!

THIS IS the FRIST-STEP in what psyko call's trick-in QUICK-TRIX'$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO