Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:33 pm
You last visited October 24, 2014, 4:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball sales cut-off time

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #68215
December 15, 2008
21 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2008, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Alright, well I already bought a few tickets for tonight's Powerball, but I was thinking about buying a few more just before the cut-off time. Has anyone here had luck buying a ticket(s) so close to the deadline and won anything big?

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1841 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

It doesn't matter what time you buy your ticket. It's all the luck of the draw.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      4659 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2008, 1:00 am - IP Logged

It doesn't matter what time you buy your ticket. It's all the luck of the draw.

I agree. All that matters is that you either pick the right numbers or the computer picks the right numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2008, 7:10 am - IP Logged

I agree. All that matters is that you either pick the right numbers or the computer picks the right numbers.

That's why I don't care for QPs.  The computers will always pick the right numbers-the question is will it be the computer in your city in the store where you play and will you be there in the moment the retailer's terminal generates it.  NO,  I'd rather play my same numbers forever, that way I play where I want, when I want.  So if the lotto is truly random and the outcome is not manipulated then possibly the numbers i picked will hit.  In that, I think my chances are better than a qp.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2008, 2:01 am - IP Logged

That's why I don't care for QPs.  The computers will always pick the right numbers-the question is will it be the computer in your city in the store where you play and will you be there in the moment the retailer's terminal generates it.  NO,  I'd rather play my same numbers forever, that way I play where I want, when I want.  So if the lotto is truly random and the outcome is not manipulated then possibly the numbers i picked will hit.  In that, I think my chances are better than a qp.

Please explain why 70+% of the winners are won on QP's please...

(Aside from the fact that 70+% of all sales are QP's)

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            2838 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

If the lottery is random, how can your numbers possibly have a better chance than a QP, or anybody else's numbers? The only reason to avoid QP's is to try to reduce the chances of having a combination that is played by somebody else. You have no chance to increase your odds over others, but you do have a chance to increase your chances of being a sole winner. OTOH, there isn't a lottery game out there where there will be  thousands of QP's with the same numbers, as there are with a few combinations that players pick for themselves.