Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:02 am
You last visited September 3, 2014, 2:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New 20 dollar ticket in GA... Awesome!!

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #69791
January 17, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2009, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Has anyone else from Georgia been playing the new 20 dollar millionaire jumbo bucks?  I have played a total of 12 tickets, I hit 100 dollars 4 times, 50 dollars 2 times, 30 dollars 3 times, and a free ticket (20 dollars) once, and only had 2 losing tickets!!! I mean I am annoyingly strategic with picking my tickets, but still....awesome payout percentage!! I'm addicted, haha. I better stop before the luck runs out. =) but then again, I do have tuition due this week...... hmm..

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    4618 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2009, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I'm not in Georgia, so I can't play it, but congrats on your wins!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Talking Rock, GA
      United States
      Member #60369
      April 15, 2008
      398 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2009, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I've hit $50 on it (picture in my blog) and a $25 winner.  Other than that....not much luck.  I've actually given up playing them for now because my luck turned for the worst on those.

Congrats on your luck so far.  May you hit even bigger winners. Smile

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2009, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Sounds like a good deal there.  Congrats.  I'm sure since GA has a $20 jumbo bucks TN will follow close behind...  Then again TN still doesn't have a $10 one...   Good luck!

How are you going to win if you don't play?

TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
          North Charleston, SC
          United States
          Member #69214
          January 6, 2009
          45 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2009, 4:06 am - IP Logged

I don't get it; Millionaire Jumbo Bucks has printed on the ticket, "Highest Payout In GA Lottery History!!!" but nowhere on the website can I find either a payout, or even an odds and tickets chart to calculate the payout myself.

Hell, the payout could be 50% for all we know..... I wish I had more info.... I've always been a fan of the Jumbo Bucks line of tickets.

Now I'm regretting not stopping by GA when I was by the border and picking up one of those.

United States
            Member #67870
            December 7, 2008
            107 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2009, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

yes, they refer to the payout amount of the big prize you can win, not the payout rate.

Va. has those tickets too, so other states will probably get them soon, but the odds of winning it are really really bad.  Instead, I may just buy a couple of $10 Pick 5 tickets next time, and still win a million.   

TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              North Charleston, SC
              United States
              Member #69214
              January 6, 2009
              45 Posts
              Posted: January 20, 2009, 12:17 am - IP Logged

No, not true.

It says right on the ticket, "Highest Payout % In Georgia History"

So they are talking about the percentage, but do not give any stats, which is infuriating.  Have you been paying out 60% this whole time, and this game is a 61% game?  Or is it something amazing, like an 88% return rate?

sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Georgia
                United States
                Member #3617
                February 6, 2004
                6089 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2009, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I have not purchased the new Millionaire Jumbo yet but looking on the lottery website I see that 2 of the 5 top prizes have already been claimed for(2.5 million) and only 1 of the 10 prizes for $250,000 have been claimed. I see a lot of $100 winners in the stores that I frequent.

United States
                  Member #67870
                  December 7, 2008
                  107 Posts
                  Posted: January 20, 2009, 4:04 am - IP Logged

No, not true.

It says right on the ticket, "Highest Payout % In Georgia History"

So they are talking about the percentage, but do not give any stats, which is infuriating.  Have you been paying out 60% this whole time, and this game is a 61% game?  Or is it something amazing, like an 88% return rate?

wow, you're right, I just saw a picture of it on their website

and you're right, they don't seem to give out much info. about it.

If they normally pay out about 50%, then yes,  about 61% would qualify the game as the highest in history  (Ga. history).  Because their overall odds are real low (1:3.1 or something), it seems that way too many very small prizes got put into it. 

People really do need to know how many tickets were printed, or what the initial odds chart looks like.

United States
                    Member #67870
                    December 7, 2008
                    107 Posts
                    Posted: January 20, 2009, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

adding to the confusion, I noticed at the bottom of the [estimated] remaining prize list that Ga lottery reserves the right to print more at any moment

Confused

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3855 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2009, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

I see people buying them all the time. $20 a pop is quite pricy...especially something I can't predict. Also, I haven't found a retailer around here with a good vibe to buy from. :P

Forest Park, GA
                        United States
                        Member #70527
                        February 4, 2009
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2009, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I went to a seedy little gas station in Forest Park, GA this last Tuesday, bought one $20 ticket and won $2500!!!! WOOHOO!!!

United States
                          Member #916
                          December 12, 2002
                          18335 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2009, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I won $100 a few weeks ago on one but that's about it.....I had bought a couple before and I lost so really I do not consider that a big win....I liked the other $20 ticket better. When you think of it $20 is a lot of money to lose....I'd rather play cash 3!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
                            Miss Kitty

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            27766 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2009, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone else from Georgia been playing the new 20 dollar millionaire jumbo bucks?  I have played a total of 12 tickets, I hit 100 dollars 4 times, 50 dollars 2 times, 30 dollars 3 times, and a free ticket (20 dollars) once, and only had 2 losing tickets!!! I mean I am annoyingly strategic with picking my tickets, but still....awesome payout percentage!! I'm addicted, haha. I better stop before the luck runs out. =) but then again, I do have tuition due this week...... hmm..

Congratulations on your wins!

love to nibble those micey feet.