Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:15 pm
You last visited August 23, 2014, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto STILL going up!

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LotteryGuy.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2009, 9:47 am - IP Logged

It's been about ten months now the OCL has been rolling over. I wonder if any jackpot game anywhere has even been rolling over this long. It's already (as of last week) at a record jackpot. My main question (to RJ or anyone else): is there any reason to believe it will hit in the near future (within a month)?

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3855 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2009, 11:54 am - IP Logged

It can hit any time, hard to predict. With the increase of the jackpot prize, there will also be an increase chance of someone will hit it big within a month. Let's not waste energy on that, focus it in picking the best combination and have it a go at the jackpot. Good luck!

qwerty928's avatar - moon

United States
      Member #65434
      September 26, 2008
      416 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2009, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

People must not play much, how else would a relativley easy jackpot only 14 million to 1 go so long with no winner.

compared to California SLP 41 million to 1, Lotto Texas 26 million to 1, Florida lotto 23 million to 1

NY lotto 22.5 million to 1 have higher odds but get won frequently

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #74411
        May 10, 2009
        71 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2009, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I can't believe no one has won this jackpot yet.  I played 14 lines for last night's drawing and on 2 of the lines I got 2 numbers.  It seems I can rarely ever get 3 numbers on a line.  I just think it's odd how no one is winning it.  It says the maximum the jackpot can increase is 400,000 (based on sales), well it has increased $400,000 several times, so I know people are buying the tickets.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          17811 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2009, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe no one has won this jackpot yet.  I played 14 lines for last night's drawing and on 2 of the lines I got 2 numbers.  It seems I can rarely ever get 3 numbers on a line.  I just think it's odd how no one is winning it.  It says the maximum the jackpot can increase is 400,000 (based on sales), well it has increased $400,000 several times, so I know people are buying the tickets.

I played 40 lines last night and only matched 2 nine times, I won't be trying that again.  I picked those lines from 100 lines generated by my RNG which only pick combinations within the parameters that I choose and when I checked the rejects, there were only two match3 in them.  It's harder to get a match3 or better with Classic Lotto than to get a hit that pays with MegaMillions. 

This could turn out like the long run that the Hoosier Lotto (6/48) had last year that finally ended with a jackpot of $40M+  won by a guy playing his family birthdays.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
          * your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
              Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17811 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2009, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

It's been about ten months now the OCL has been rolling over. I wonder if any jackpot game anywhere has even been rolling over this long. It's already (as of last week) at a record jackpot. My main question (to RJ or anyone else): is there any reason to believe it will hit in the near future (within a month)?

Yes, remember this story?

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/166147

If it's not won, it won't be because no one is trying.

Wink 

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #68398
              December 20, 2008
              81 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2009, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I always believe that a jackpot that has been rolling a ridiculous amount of time will hit in the near future. Although near is a relative term like time.  I year can seem like eternity to a 15 yr old waiting to turn 16 so they can have their first car and start driving....however to someone who has accomplished all they want to do in their life a year might not seem like much.

I'm sure once people get hip to the odds and the fact that the Classic Lotto and Mega millions are similar in jackpot values (right now anyway)...they will ignore the fact that only 50% of the Classic Lotto is the cash payout and realize that if they win it's still an extra _____ million dollars they didnt have the day before. You can't go nuts with a smaller jackpot payout but how you pay your bills should be a non-issue.

Northern Ohio
                United States
                Member #63551
                August 1, 2008
                203 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2009, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I'd like to mention that I matched 4 of 6 for $70 on Monday's drawing, using my own numbers. The most maddening thing? The other 2 numbers were in my pool of numbers to use too! Bang Head

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #74411
                  May 10, 2009
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2009, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to mention that I matched 4 of 6 for $70 on Monday's drawing, using my own numbers. The most maddening thing? The other 2 numbers were in my pool of numbers to use too! Bang Head

Uuuggghhh!!!  $70 is nice, but I hate it when that happens!  Last year I was playing the Rolling Cash 5 and matched 4 out of the 5 numbers and of course got $300 and that was nice but daggone it, one more number is all I needed!!!  Good luck to you and RJOH (?) tomorrow.  I don't know why but I have a feeling someone is going to cash in on Classic Lotto tomorrow night.  I think it's way too high right now to be ignored regardless of the Mega Millions jackpot.  I hope one of us wins!  <fingers crossed>.  I only play Classic Lotto right now and I play the same numbers and spend $5 on Mon, Weds and Sat, so that's $15/week.  I thought about spending my entire life savings on it.....NOT!  LOL!  Hyper

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    17811 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Uuuggghhh!!!  $70 is nice, but I hate it when that happens!  Last year I was playing the Rolling Cash 5 and matched 4 out of the 5 numbers and of course got $300 and that was nice but daggone it, one more number is all I needed!!!  Good luck to you and RJOH (?) tomorrow.  I don't know why but I have a feeling someone is going to cash in on Classic Lotto tomorrow night.  I think it's way too high right now to be ignored regardless of the Mega Millions jackpot.  I hope one of us wins!  <fingers crossed>.  I only play Classic Lotto right now and I play the same numbers and spend $5 on Mon, Weds and Sat, so that's $15/week.  I thought about spending my entire life savings on it.....NOT!  LOL!  Hyper

I thought about spending my entire life savings on it.....NOT!  LOL!  Hyper

For entertainment on several occasions, I have made out files of 50 lines of more and every time if I had a match4 or better, it was in the first 15 lines.  That has convinced me that if I can't win in 20 or less lines, playing more lines is not likely to help.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17811 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2009, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Well, we get another chance at it Monday.  I did notice the payout amount is the highest it's been in a while so they must be selling a few more tickets than usual.

Wink 

Northern Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #63551
                        August 1, 2008
                        203 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2009, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

<snip>...again, matched 3 of 6 with my own numbers, with 2 of the 3 I missed in my pool of numbers...I may be on to something, or simply riding a streak of good luck. Either way, I gotta wisen up and roll the dice again. Going to take $3 and add it to the $2 I won, play 5 lines with my numbers for tomorrow night. Good luck to me...and everyone else

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #68398
                          December 20, 2008
                          81 Posts
                          Posted: June 15, 2009, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I had this happen once kind of...

I bought a quick pick and the numbers that came out matched 4 out of 6 for the previous night's drawing...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            17811 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2009, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

<snip>...again, matched 3 of 6 with my own numbers, with 2 of the 3 I missed in my pool of numbers...I may be on to something, or simply riding a streak of good luck. Either way, I gotta wisen up and roll the dice again. Going to take $3 and add it to the $2 I won, play 5 lines with my numbers for tomorrow night. Good luck to me...and everyone else

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

That's not bad considering the number of lines you're playing.  There are players pooling their funds to buy even more lines and not doing as well.

I've updated my files and will be picking a few lines to play shortly.  With three drawings a week, you don't have much time to update your data and workouts between drawings.

Wink 

Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #74411
                              May 10, 2009
                              71 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2009, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Well, no one won Classic Lotto again tonight, it's now up to $27.1 million!