Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:22 am
You last visited April 20, 2014, 4:20 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Pick or Not

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #78471
August 15, 2009
33 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2009, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I have played both the Powerball and Hoosier Lotto since their inceptions, always going with the quick pick. Have never won much, once in a while I get 2-3 #s on hoosier and maybe a powerball from time to time.

Logic tells me it really doesnt matter if I choose my own numbers or the QP but am considering choosing 2 sets of numbers per game and playing those same numbers.

Wondering what others thoughts are on the topic of QP vs choosing ones own numbers.

Thanks!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    21228 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
      Member #9579
      December 12, 2004
      2121 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2009, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

i have tried everything with qp's,and nothing works.tried using 5 dollars of qp's for a few drawings,never hits any of them.tried using predictors numbers,but they hardly ever hit 2 drawings in a row.i think if we could get some qp's from pennsyvania,then we might have a chance.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        17421 Posts
        Posted: August 15, 2009, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I have played both the Powerball and Hoosier Lotto since their inceptions, always going with the quick pick. Have never won much, once in a while I get 2-3 #s on hoosier and maybe a powerball from time to time.

Logic tells me it really doesnt matter if I choose my own numbers or the QP but am considering choosing 2 sets of numbers per game and playing those same numbers.

Wondering what others thoughts are on the topic of QP vs choosing ones own numbers.

Thanks!

As far as anyone really knows, picking your own numbers or buying the same amount of quick picks doesn't effect your odds of winning.   Granted if you were buying a large number of tickets, you might improve your odds of a win by either wheeling the numbers to get a guaranteed hit or avoiding duplicates of smaller combinations that might win a prize, just like buying more tickets improve your odds of winning, have more combinations of threes and fours in your mix will probably improve your odds of winning a smaller prize without decreasing your odds of winning a larger prize.

Personally, I like picking my own numbers, it's entertaining.

* Thoses who can, do * 
        * thoses who can't, just talk *
        Roll Eyes 

Long Island, NY
          United States
          Member #57412
          January 3, 2008
          399 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2009, 1:37 am - IP Logged

In short, I'm confident that I have a greater probability of hitting by picking my own numbers.

Since I'm consistently able to get half the numbers right through my methods I won't be doing quick picks for a while.

The computer RNG dosent consider past picks and how that will effect future draws. Your relying strictly on random luck.  On the other hand, the computer dosent get falsley mis-lead with faulty data interpretaton. There are nights where I fail with my own numbers and the "free play" (same as a quick pick functionally) hits for a small prize.

Therefore if budget permits do a little of both.

Picking your own numbers (skill and luck)

Quick Picks (luck only)

United States
            Member #78471
            August 15, 2009
            33 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2009, 11:54 am - IP Logged

In short, I'm confident that I have a greater probability of hitting by picking my own numbers.

Since I'm consistently able to get half the numbers right through my methods I won't be doing quick picks for a while.

The computer RNG dosent consider past picks and how that will effect future draws. Your relying strictly on random luck.  On the other hand, the computer dosent get falsley mis-lead with faulty data interpretaton. There are nights where I fail with my own numbers and the "free play" (same as a quick pick functionally) hits for a small prize.

Therefore if budget permits do a little of both.

Picking your own numbers (skill and luck)

Quick Picks (luck only)

Interesting. I am new here and have been reading about the various methods of picking numbers. Still green on the subject. Any one in particular you recommend? I really never gave much thought to these methods. I dont see how its possible to "figure out" the next series of numbers. Isnt it all just random?

United States
              Member #9579
              December 12, 2004
              2121 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2009, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

yes,i agree.the lotterys biggest job is preventing everyone from winning 43.00 a drawing,as this would bankrupt them.so,if you use qp's they can give you numbers that will not hit.if you use your own,then at least you give the computers a workout.

United States
                Member #9579
                December 12, 2004
                2121 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2009, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

correction,that should be $3.00 per drawing.

United States
                  Member #78471
                  August 15, 2009
                  33 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2009, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

One thing that truly annoys me is when I get 10-20 QP's I often get the same powerball number on several tickets. Matter of fact, often the numbers generated are similar. I recently started getting separate tickets per set of numbers.

If I chose my own numbers, I could make sure I didnt get 2-4 of the same PB #'s. Going to work on my own set of numbers tonight.

United States
                    Member #9579
                    December 12, 2004
                    2121 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2009, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

yeah,i've also tried not playing any of the predictors numbers,then one of them will hit like 4 numbers,and i don't have any of those numbers,can't win.hot 89 degrees here,hope numbers are hot.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #58835
                      February 27, 2008
                      148 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2009, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

One thing that truly annoys me is when I get 10-20 QP's I often get the same powerball number on several tickets. Matter of fact, often the numbers generated are similar. I recently started getting separate tickets per set of numbers.

If I chose my own numbers, I could make sure I didnt get 2-4 of the same PB #'s. Going to work on my own set of numbers tonight.

I noticed that too.  I would get the powerball and the same number in the same line.

I ALWAYS do QP, though.  I don't have a set of numbers that really mean anything, so I QP it.

Long Island, NY
                        United States
                        Member #57412
                        January 3, 2008
                        399 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2009, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

What ever method you use, it's always exciting to see that you came up with some of the numbers in the next draw.  It seemed to you that  (number 3) was gonna come out.....and it did!

Plus, not to insult anybody, but I think that many (Not all!!) buy quick picks because they are simply too lazy/can't/won't be bothered to take any time to at least try pick they're own numbers.

No matter where this discussion goes...somebody always shows up to saywell, ya know, most Jackpots are won by quick picks!  So why bother waisting time trying to pick your own numbers?  Lots of help.

They show up to make alot of other "deadpan" statements that help no one as well.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                          Chicago
                          United States
                          Member #70678
                          February 8, 2009
                          889 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2009, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks!

If your playing for the fun of it and just want to be sure your in the next drawing then QP's or a set of "special" numbers would be the way to go.

If your serious about winning I think you should choose your own numbers......and I don't mean a "set" of numbers that you play over and over.

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
                            Member #19982
                            August 9, 2005
                            224 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2009, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks!

rburton:

Check out this thread: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/184951/1168328

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*