Welcome Guest
You last visited December 22, 2014, 3:31 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do Quick Picks win more jackpots?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by scorpio.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
Midlands, SC
United States
Member #69698
January 14, 2009
303 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2009, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Has anyone here done a study or researched whether there have been more jackpots won (Powerball and/or Mega Millions) with a quick pick versus numbers someone picked?

Just from memory it seems as if in the last few years, the majority of winners won via a quick pick.  Any statistics on this? 

Thanks!!!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    10289 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2009, 9:21 am - IP Logged

They say that approx 75% of the winners are quick picks,,,,They say that approx 75% of the sales are quick picks also...I would imagine that due to the size of the jackposts that most of the larger ones have been quick pics, because so many more people purchase them, then when the jackposts are under 100 mill.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

swampfox's avatar - animal041
      SC Low Country
      United States
      Member #75803
      June 12, 2009
      925 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2009, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I've noticed that to be a frequent question.  I found out yesterday that Mr Jackson's ticket apparently must have been a qp...he's always bought a ticket to support education and most have gone right in the trash after they were purchased being a big supporter of education...this time he just happened to for some reason still have the ticket...the 19 year old that won 35 mil in SC played a ticket using the birthdays of family members.....Therefore, my question????Are winning tickets not just quickpicks...some yes and some no....But....Are winning tickets....Single tickets????? In otherwords, single purchases?????

"All men of power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

"While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious not to violate the rights of conscience in others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to him only, in this case, they are answerable." - George Washington...  SwampFoxShocked Courage is looking danger in the face & saddling up anyway...John Wayne

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        10289 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Jack whittaker bought 100 tickets when he won....I believe Mr. Jackson bought 2 lines on his, but said he spent $1 to much cause the winner was the first line....I wouldn't give that theory much thought.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

swampfox's avatar - animal041
          SC Low Country
          United States
          Member #75803
          June 12, 2009
          925 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks...I'd been wondering about that...Who is Jack Whittaker? or What lottery did he win?

"All men of power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

"While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious not to violate the rights of conscience in others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to him only, in this case, they are answerable." - George Washington...  SwampFoxShocked Courage is looking danger in the face & saddling up anyway...John Wayne

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            10289 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Thanks...I'd been wondering about that...Who is Jack Whittaker? or What lottery did he win?

Just google his name and start reading,,,it's one of those soap opera lottery wins...That never ends!!

United States
              Member #78968
              August 25, 2009
              49 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2009, 11:43 am - IP Logged

don't forget about wheeling systems

JADELottery's avatar - EyePhnoeyReality6
                The Quantum Master
                West Concord, MN
                United States
                Member #21
                December 7, 2001
                2823 Posts
                Posted: August 30, 2009, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

LP Links

Quick Picks can't match the power of Self Picks

The Anti-Quick Pick System

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos.
                Knowledge is Beyond Belief.
                Wisdom is Not Censored.

The Name Anagram
                name - Douglas Paul Smallish
                amen - US God plus Islam Allah
                mean - Jehocifer

JADE Quintrains
                JADE at planet.infowars.com

United States
                  Member #9579
                  December 12, 2004
                  2121 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2009, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

i bought $20.00 of qp's first of 2009.i put them on slip,and have not hit more then 2 numbers all year from this,so maybe it matters where you buy these quickpicks is my theory.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    17937 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2009, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

i bought $20.00 of qp's first of 2009.i put them on slip,and have not hit more then 2 numbers all year from this,so maybe it matters where you buy these quickpicks is my theory.

Where did you Buy your Tickets?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Midlands, SC
                      United States
                      Member #69698
                      January 14, 2009
                      303 Posts
                      Posted: August 30, 2009, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

I just don't know what to do.  Actually, I've hit more on picking my own numbers than on quick picks.  Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to buy your quick picks at a grocery store instead of a gas station...but all of the winners seem to be at gas stations.  Who knows....

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: September 3, 2009, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I just don't know what to do.  Actually, I've hit more on picking my own numbers than on quick picks.  Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to buy your quick picks at a grocery store instead of a gas station...but all of the winners seem to be at gas stations.  Who knows....

Hello? You've hit more on picking  your own numbers......that should be your answer right there. LOL now to add to your confusion.......

I hit 5 out of 6 numbers on CA Super Lotto from a ticket I bought from  a self serve machine and yup it was in the grocery store and it was a lousy QP at that.

I think the reason more tickets win from gas stations vs the grocery store  is because more tickets are purchased from the gas stations...........

Just as I think more QP's win vs self picks because so many more QP's are purchased! Does that mean your chances of winning are better if you buy the QP? I don't think so.

Midlands, SC
                          United States
                          Member #69698
                          January 14, 2009
                          303 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2009, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello? You've hit more on picking  your own numbers......that should be your answer right there. LOL now to add to your confusion.......

I hit 5 out of 6 numbers on CA Super Lotto from a ticket I bought from  a self serve machine and yup it was in the grocery store and it was a lousy QP at that.

I think the reason more tickets win from gas stations vs the grocery store  is because more tickets are purchased from the gas stations...........

Just as I think more QP's win vs self picks because so many more QP's are purchased! Does that mean your chances of winning are better if you buy the QP? I don't think so.

LOL...thanks for giving me that knock on the head because I needed it.  You're right about everything.  I think I'll stick to what I've been doing....lol....and when I do a quick pick it will be from the grocery store.  Thanks for responding!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2009, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

LOL...thanks for giving me that knock on the head because I needed it.  You're right about everything.  I think I'll stick to what I've been doing....lol....and when I do a quick pick it will be from the grocery store.  Thanks for responding!

LOL You're so very welcome! HAHAHA maybe you should buy your next QP from an Asian Noodle Shop? LOL

Whatever you do I wish you the best......now go get some wins! : )

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              Santa Ana
                              United States
                              Member #71159
                              February 20, 2009
                              651 Posts
                              Posted: September 4, 2009, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Whether it is either QPs or your selected numbers-- the bottom line is that you have to be at the right place and right time in buying your lotto tickets i.e. LUCK OF DRAW.  The CA winner of last week's 166.5MM Mega Million jackpot happen to purchased his ticket at a restaurant and spend only $1.00.  If it was a QP or his selected numbers I doubt it would it have made a differenceWink