Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:04 pm
You last visited July 24, 2014, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you guys think the mega millions and maybe powerball is rigged?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Seattle, WA
United States
Member #84263
December 26, 2009
8 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Ok, you probably think, wtf, everyone seen this post before and theres a few websites that claim that the machines used to draw the numbers have been rigged, some claim that heavy gasses are used and sometime they use helium to make the balls lighter, etc... I personally dont believe the machines are rigged at all.

But, i do have a theory on how they cheat and i want to know what you guys think.

Before i begin, heres something that i have discovered. Theres a few websites out there that write stuff about the two big games "mega millions and powerball", they basically explain on a few pages how the game works, how they rigged the machines and a few other things. Those websites dont appear in search engines like Yahoo while adult content, hacking tutorials, how to make a bomb websites, how to grow drugs, how to cover up a murder all appear in the same search engines. The only reason a website wouldnt appear in a search engine is if it was "manually blocked" by the search engine people. Im a web developer and i know how websites and search engines work. Sometimes when i make a brand new website, it appears in google, yahoo, msn, etc the first day no matter how crappy the website is. So in other words, i think someone payed yahoo to manually delete the website from their search results to make sure people dont read that information. But thats just a theory. But i garantee that theres something kinky going on there.

Heres how i think the mega millions and powerball games are played. Since the games arent drawn live, that means they can do whatever they want to behind the closed doors and heres how it happens in my book. They film the event of balls drawn just like we see on tv, except they do it like 10 - 20 or X number of times in a single day. Lets say they recorded 20 different set of numbers on the day the game gets played, or perhaps the day before or 2 days before, the "when" doesnt matter, its how many different sets of numbers that they have recorded. When the game is closed for the day, about 10:45 EST they have 15 minutes to calculate which set of numbers will pay out the least, that means they will choose the set of numbers that doesnt have a jackpot winner "so that the jackpot number keeps growing" and the least amount of 250,000 or 200,000 prizes. and yes, occasionally all the numbers that have been drawn got played that day in which they will still choose the set of numbers that will pay out the least amount of money. After all, the lottery is out there to make profit, not give us free money.

Other thing to think about is, 15 minutes to shoot the draw, take the raw video data and convert it into something that a computer can work with, edit the video than convert the video into a broadcast format, and send or program the file to play at a certian time. I dont know if you guys know how broadcast video and shows work, but 15 minutes is a really really short time to do all of that. Most short night shows are shot in the morning and during the day so they have time to edit it.

What you guys think?

South Florida
    United States
    Member #82132
    November 6, 2009
    112 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:38 am - IP Logged

The odds on both of these games are extremely high, which is why there are so many rollovers. I doubt it has much if anything to do with rigging. And every lottery does pre-draws...who really knows what they do with the pre-draws vs actual draw. The pick 5 game I was playing down here, which has odds that are over 512 times better than those in mega money and powerball, has at least 1 winner almost every draw. Sure, it's possible that they compute the combination that will allow them to retain the most amount of money, but how will you or anyone else ever be able to prove such a claim?

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      7822 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:44 am - IP Logged

You can view the drawing here http://megamillions.com/numbers/ in order for the drawing to be rigged there would have to be at least a dozen or more people in on it. In the studio when the countdown to air the drawing takes place thats when the official drawing is held all the other drawings are recorded for the auditor. Now if and numbers were drawn that weren't during the time frame that the official drawing was supposedly done don't you think the auditor would call foul. Better yet how many people would put their jobs on the line to pacify the lottery and hold a fake drawing then air that drawing as the real drawing. Would they also be willing to do jail time for fraud.

Rumors get started when people say the balls are filled with air or helium gosh in the official drawing i have seen all the balls are on the bottom of the drum being mixed by paddle wheels. The ball drops out of a shoot.

They don't need to rig the drawings. We had a poster here a few years back that worked in the studio and gave the whole rundown on how they draw the balls for mega millions and there isn't any rigging going on.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Seattle, WA
        United States
        Member #84263
        December 26, 2009
        8 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:48 am - IP Logged

We would assume that since the game is ran by the government it would be fair, no cheating and of coarse there would be nothing to hide. Sounds funny doesnt it? the government is good at covering things up that doesnt make money, but something that makes them money is worth covering it up and faking things. Theres no way to prove it.... We gotta sneak someone into that building so they can watch what goes on... :)

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5350 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:50 am - IP Logged

If you think the independent auditors are paid off to look the other way.....then......we are all a lost cause, and just have to kill ourselves. Why bother going on? 

I need some heavy duty rope please......lol

Sad Cheers

Seattle, WA
            United States
            Member #84263
            December 26, 2009
            8 Posts
            Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:55 am - IP Logged

You can view the drawing here http://megamillions.com/numbers/ in order for the drawing to be rigged there would have to be at least a dozen or more people in on it. In the studio when the countdown to air the drawing takes place thats when the official drawing is held all the other drawings are recorded for the auditor. Now if and numbers were drawn that weren't during the time frame that the official drawing was supposedly done don't you think the auditor would call foul. Better yet how many people would put their jobs on the line to pacify the lottery and hold a fake drawing then air that drawing as the real drawing. Would they also be willing to do jail time for fraud.

Rumors get started when people say the balls are filled with air or helium gosh in the official drawing i have seen all the balls are on the bottom of the drum being mixed by paddle wheels. The ball drops out of a shoot.

They don't need to rig the drawings. We had a poster here a few years back that worked in the studio and gave the whole rundown on how they draw the balls for mega millions and there isn't any rigging going on.

It only takes 2 to 3 people to run the game "at the studio". we all know the draw isnt live which means its not recorded when we see it on tv, its a playback. Plus, the game might be set up in a way that they pre record the drawings, which means people working there arent braking any rules but are doing exactly what they are paid to do. they might get paid a little extra to keep their mouth shut when they record them and how they pick the numbers. Just a theory. I just wanted to see what other thought about this.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              7822 Posts
              Posted: December 26, 2009, 2:07 am - IP Logged

It only takes 2 to 3 people to run the game "at the studio". we all know the draw isnt live which means its not recorded when we see it on tv, its a playback. Plus, the game might be set up in a way that they pre record the drawings, which means people working there arent braking any rules but are doing exactly what they are paid to do. they might get paid a little extra to keep their mouth shut when they record them and how they pick the numbers. Just a theory. I just wanted to see what other thought about this.

People are going to believe whatever they want to believe and no one can change that. If you think it's rigged prove it you'll make millions or more with the movie and book rights.

It takes more than three people to set up the drawing the balls and machines are calibrated for every drawing. There are security people cameras that record their every move while in the ball room. By now some disgruntled or fired employee would have spilled the beans if there was any form of tampering no matter how big or small the infraction.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 26, 2009, 2:55 am - IP Logged

There are always going to be people who have the genius to come up with a system or plan to defeat any safeguards on any given money source. It is just my personal opinion that it hasn't and isn't being done on PB, MM or any other ball drawings. I think there would have to be too many people involved and it would be too hard to cover your tracks if you did get away with it and someone investigated it.

Computer drawings however are a whole other ball of wax. One person could conceivably do the job himself and leave no tracks whatsoever or even evidence that it was done. That is why I spend most of my lottery money in VA rather than my homestate of TN. I just don't trust 'em.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CA
                  United States
                  Member #84266
                  December 26, 2009
                  410 Posts
                  Posted: December 26, 2009, 3:43 am - IP Logged

I personally don't think it's rigged but the last 2 MM draws raises questions. What are the odds of 1 draw consisting of all odd numbers and then the next draw to consist of all even numbers???

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Listens to the wind

United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    18739 Posts
                    Posted: December 26, 2009, 5:23 am - IP Logged

I  have some questions.. what are the exact odds ? how many states play ? lets say 100 k people in each state play 10 dollars each at what point do the odds favor the players. my husband usually plays about 20 dollars a drawing, he gets easy picks but, he doesn't get them all at once. and more times than i can remember he gets tickets with similar numbers.i don't  think they cheat at drawing balls but i always wonder about the easy picks. i will faithfully remain a 3 digit girl.

There's only one US Flag

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1841 Posts
                      Posted: December 26, 2009, 6:56 am - IP Logged

I don't know why a game with a 1 in 195,249,054 chance of winning the jackpot would need to be rigged. The matrix alone is a good enough "rig" as it is. Just think about that number: 195,249,054. Heck, 1 in 3 isn't really all that good of odds, so you can imagine how bad 1 in 195,249,054 is. I mean, think about it. They make it that hard because although, when it comes to big jackpot games, the shear odds make it incredibly difficult, the task in and of itself is extremely easy. Take $1, go to the store, buy a ticket. If it matches all the number, boom, you're rich. All from a single piece of paper. It didn't come from a high paying job, or running a business, or investing in the stock market, or anything else. All you did was buy a piece of paper with some numbers on it and if you're going to get rich from that, you should expect the odds of winning the jackpot to be exactly what it is today: simply astronomical.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        8918 Posts
                        Posted: December 26, 2009, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Happy Feet,

Welcome to the Institute for the Lottery Insane.

No, I don't think the lottery drawings are rigged. If word got out and it was proven that any one lottery was it would threaten all lotteries.

As guru stated, the odds are so high that the matrix is the "rig".

In the OP you said,

"So in other words, I think someone payed yahoo to manually delete thewebsite from their search results to make sure people don't read thatinformation."

Then why did they bother putting the information on the internet?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          21438 Posts
                          Posted: December 26, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
                            Member #391
                            June 8, 2002
                            13697 Posts
                            Posted: December 26, 2009, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I don't know why a game with a 1 in 195,249,054 chance of winning the jackpot would need to be rigged. The matrix alone is a good enough "rig" as it is. Just think about that number: 195,249,054. Heck, 1 in 3 isn't really all that good of odds, so you can imagine how bad 1 in 195,249,054 is. I mean, think about it. They make it that hard because although, when it comes to big jackpot games, the shear odds make it incredibly difficult, the task in and of itself is extremely easy. Take $1, go to the store, buy a ticket. If it matches all the number, boom, you're rich. All from a single piece of paper. It didn't come from a high paying job, or running a business, or investing in the stock market, or anything else. All you did was buy a piece of paper with some numbers on it and if you're going to get rich from that, you should expect the odds of winning the jackpot to be exactly what it is today: simply astronomical.

If there was a Nobel Prize for telling it like it is you'd be my candidate for the prize. Very well said, and I totally agree.

>Michael

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              4569 Posts
                              Posted: December 26, 2009, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't think either game is rigged. The odds are so big on both games, that there is no need to rig them. Plus, there are so many number combinations, that there are going to be a lot of times, when no one wins the top prize and there will be a rollover.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."