Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:41 am
You last visited April 21, 2014, 8:38 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Happy Holidays! Tickets in Texas?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Philadelphia
United States
Member #48806
January 9, 2007
41 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2009, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Do they still sell these scratch offs in your city, because in Abilene every vendor on the Scratch-Off Locator that sell these tickets have ran out, and seems that they won't re-order them.

United States
    Member #83701
    December 13, 2009
    225 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2009, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Do they still sell these scratch offs in your city, because in Abilene every vendor on the Scratch-Off Locator that sell these tickets have ran out, and seems that they won't re-order them.

The store locator shows about 48 stores in Abilene that have the Happy Holidays game 1186, many of them being 7-Eleven stores.   The game isn't slated to close soon so they should be reasonably stocked but I've often found the store locator to direct me to stores without the games quite often so it's not unusual for it to seem like they've run out, just try the next store on the list.

The game shows as 68% sold but more prizes have been claimed then one would expect, as much as 80% in the $100 prize category.  The original odds of winning the top $1,000 prize was an astronomical 1 in 117,644 but now with so many prizes already claimed, the odds of the top prize is now 1 in 134,841.   You'd be better off looking for the Celebrate, Double Doubler or Spicy 7's in terms of $1 games.  

You may want to think about moving up to the $2 Break The Bank game or the $5 Big Money Bingo or Take 5 games, the expected return is better with the more expensive games although the returns of the $3 games are the same as the returns of the $2 games.

For some strange reason the current returns on most of the $1 games have dropped below the original game return indicating that more higher value prizes have been claimed then would've been expected hence the odds are getting worse in those games.

Philadelphia
      United States
      Member #48806
      January 9, 2007
      41 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2009, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

The store locator shows about 48 stores in Abilene that have the Happy Holidays game 1186, many of them being 7-Eleven stores.   The game isn't slated to close soon so they should be reasonably stocked but I've often found the store locator to direct me to stores without the games quite often so it's not unusual for it to seem like they've run out, just try the next store on the list.

The game shows as 68% sold but more prizes have been claimed then one would expect, as much as 80% in the $100 prize category.  The original odds of winning the top $1,000 prize was an astronomical 1 in 117,644 but now with so many prizes already claimed, the odds of the top prize is now 1 in 134,841.   You'd be better off looking for the Celebrate, Double Doubler or Spicy 7's in terms of $1 games.  

You may want to think about moving up to the $2 Break The Bank game or the $5 Big Money Bingo or Take 5 games, the expected return is better with the more expensive games although the returns of the $3 games are the same as the returns of the $2 games.

For some strange reason the current returns on most of the $1 games have dropped below the original game return indicating that more higher value prizes have been claimed then would've been expected hence the odds are getting worse in those games.

Do they sell it where your from, I've contacted them all & they sold out been out for over a week now

United States
        Member #83701
        December 13, 2009
        225 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2009, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Do they sell it where your from, I've contacted them all & they sold out been out for over a week now

I'm fairly certain that I've seen it in the Kroger vending machine down the street but I can't be certain.   I'll make a point of looking for it the next time I go out to purchase a ticket.   Have you asked them when they receive their shipments?   It's always useful to figure out what their procedures are.   I'm tempted to follow the delivery back to the warehouse to see where the tickets come from.

I know that I've had to expand my search for Super Set For Life tickets several times as many of the stores listed by the store locator would be out but I've always been able to find some just a little further away.   Super Set for Life is 91% sold and has a scheduled close date so it really is being dried out.   Happy Holidays should still be quite a ways from being sold.   Try outlets that cater to a different clientele then the ones you've been frequenting i.e.: the retailer in a liquor store caters to very different preferences than the retailer at a grocery store or gas station.

United States
          Member #83701
          December 13, 2009
          225 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm fairly certain that I've seen it in the Kroger vending machine down the street but I can't be certain.   I'll make a point of looking for it the next time I go out to purchase a ticket.   Have you asked them when they receive their shipments?   It's always useful to figure out what their procedures are.   I'm tempted to follow the delivery back to the warehouse to see where the tickets come from.

I know that I've had to expand my search for Super Set For Life tickets several times as many of the stores listed by the store locator would be out but I've always been able to find some just a little further away.   Super Set for Life is 91% sold and has a scheduled close date so it really is being dried out.   Happy Holidays should still be quite a ways from being sold.   Try outlets that cater to a different clientele then the ones you've been frequenting i.e.: the retailer in a liquor store caters to very different preferences than the retailer at a grocery store or gas station.

I was just at a store that had some of the harder to find scratch-off tickets and although they had a bin for the Happy Holidays ticket, both it and the bin for the relatively new Double Doublers was empty.    Certainly seems that when you're aiming for specific tickets, you have some hunting to do.   The thing is Happy Holidays probably isn't one to hunt down, it's current expectation is 53 cents on the dollar while it's expectation at printing was 60 cents on the dollar.

I currently have it rated 10th out of the 14 $1 games in my logarithmic scales which takes into account the number of individual prize categories, favouring lower value prizes and easier wins, and it's rated 13th out of 14 on my scale of probability to win $1,000 if $100 was invested and all lower value prizes reinvested, indeed the odds of hitting the $1,000 prize if you bought $100 worth of tickets with re-investment is 1 in 1,258 compared with the odds of winning the $1,000 with a $100 investment in the $1 Celebrate game where it is 1 in 265.   It still looks like the game to play is the $20 Blockbuster, on the $100 investment/reinvestment scale, it has odds of winning $1,000 or more at 1 in 202.