Welcome Guest
You last visited November 28, 2014, 3:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Luckiest / unluckiest Powerball numbers

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
9174 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2010, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

This was on the news this morning (Jan 24 2010). I guess with Powerball going in to more states it was newsworthy.

Luckiest, or most commonly drawn Powerball numbers,

14   36   48

Unluckiest, or least drawn,

47   6   49.

I wonder how many people will play that as a ticket, and if it hits how many ways it will be split.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    18033 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2010, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

The trouble with using news people figures is they aren't lottery people and couldn't less about the drawings included in their statistics.  The stats for the last 110 drawings since the last PB matrix change on 01/07/09 are 32 41 20 and 29 40 55.  Those news figures will only mean something to players who don't track PB drawings or look at PB stats at USAMega.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
    * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
         Wink 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2010, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

The trouble with using news people figures is they aren't lottery people and couldn't less about the drawings included in their statistics.  The stats for the last 110 drawings since the last PB matrix change on 01/07/09 are 32 41 20 and 29 40 55.  Those news figures will only mean something to players who don't track PB drawings or look at PB stats at USAMega.

Yep.

And the term 'lucky' is relative.

It's relative to today, meant NOTHING one or two years ago, and will mean NOTHING one or two years from now in the future. But you can't tell people that - they all have their own ideas, just as you and I do, RJ.

Numbers DO go 'on streaks' - both good and bad, and it's not just a handful of numbers, it's usually 16 or 20 of them. But again, you can't get folks to wrap their heads around it.

ConstantlyB's avatar - masked
        Wilson
        United States
        Member #54516
        August 21, 2007
        2796 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

...and here lately I though it was 23 and 21

...i bet those numbers go into hiding....and soon!

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          18033 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Yep.

And the term 'lucky' is relative.

It's relative to today, meant NOTHING one or two years ago, and will mean NOTHING one or two years from now in the future. But you can't tell people that - they all have their own ideas, just as you and I do, RJ.

Numbers DO go 'on streaks' - both good and bad, and it's not just a handful of numbers, it's usually 16 or 20 of them. But again, you can't get folks to wrap their heads around it.

I think all serious lottery players should track the games they play and record their drawings so they have the data to check out anything they hear about those games.  You might be surprised the number of lottery statistics quoted that aren't supported by facts.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
          * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
               Wink 

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
            Kansas
            United States
            Member #83963
            December 19, 2009
            347 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2010, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Yea, I don't agree with those numbers they said on the news. lol  I have my own set of lucky numbers I like to play for PB, and I change them from time to time. It's true, there are some that are "hot" for awhile, then they drop off and another set is hot.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
              Member #60014
              April 3, 2008
              735 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I think all serious lottery players should track the games they play and record their drawings so they have the data to check out anything they hear about those games.  You might be surprised the number of lottery statistics quoted that aren't supported by facts.

You might be surprised the number of lottery statistics quoted that aren't supported by facts.

"42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Larry "The Cable Guy"

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`