Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:25 pm
You last visited October 31, 2014, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing the same numbers.

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #87345
February 22, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I play Little Lotto (Pick 5) and Lotto.  I always play the same numbers.  When I check the results, sometimes the winners are subscription players, sometimes not.  Do you think that Little Lotto fixes the games so that the people who play the same numbers only win periodically?  That way, it still gives hope to those of us who play the same numbers, but it also keeps us playing our numbers each week and the lottery continues to make money off of us.

I'm not kidding myself, I doubt I will ever win big, but it is fun to play.  That's why I only play the 2 games at $17.00 per week.

So I guess my question is, do you think the games are fixed?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    9124 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

If you mean Illiois since you said Little Lotto go to the Pick 5 Forum, look for Illinois Little Lotto Jackpots.

They are there for 2008, 2009, and thus far in 2010.

I think in that time span there have been 3 subscriptions winners, it's pretty rare when one wins.

Most winners have been quick picks.

The lottery makes money off of everybody that plays, it doesn't matter how they play.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Listens to the wind
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      20076 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

i have 2 favorites i always play, sometimes i hit.

There's only one US Flag

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Never say never! Try mixing your numbers up a little bit. Is there a reason you always play the same numbers?

I play Little Lotto and once in a great while I'll watch the drawing on TV. I don't see how it could be fixed.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

If you mean Illiois since you said Little Lotto go to the Pick 5 Forum, look for Illinois Little Lotto Jackpots.

They are there for 2008, 2009, and thus far in 2010.

I think in that time span there have been 3 subscriptions winners, it's pretty rare when one wins.

Most winners have been quick picks.

The lottery makes money off of everybody that plays, it doesn't matter how they play.

Coin Toss,

Do they tell you if the subscription winners are quick picks?

I use to play yearly subscriptions there and I'd have a line of my numbers and had them quick pick another line.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I always play the same numbers adding digits for games with more numbers.

But I also always play quick picks along with them.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              9124 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

On those rare occassions when a subscription ticket wins the jackpot it just says:

Players Matching 5 of 5 Number Including Subscription winners: 1

Subscription Winners: 1

Doesn't say if it's a QP or not.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86155
                January 30, 2010
                1425 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I play Little Lotto (Pick 5) and Lotto.  I always play the same numbers.  When I check the results, sometimes the winners are subscription players, sometimes not.  Do you think that Little Lotto fixes the games so that the people who play the same numbers only win periodically?  That way, it still gives hope to those of us who play the same numbers, but it also keeps us playing our numbers each week and the lottery continues to make money off of us.

I'm not kidding myself, I doubt I will ever win big, but it is fun to play.  That's why I only play the 2 games at $17.00 per week.

Here's the BRT (Basic Rule of Thumb): Even with Pick 5 and especially the big lotto games, playing the same numbers or Quick Picks is always better. Why? Too many numbers and fluctuation in the draws to develop winning combinations for any targeted draw. Remain consistent and the numbers just may land in your favor.

When it comes to smaller games, it becomes just that much easier due to less total combinations and you can certainly hit by playing the  same numbers over again. This is providing, though, you have a fair amount of numbers and are patient.

In terms of fixed games, they are not. Most allow you to even see the live draws. Problem is with the RNG methods compounded with mechanical draws between midday and evening. From one style to the next can produce very similar results which can make or break one's system of play.

Personally, I wish there were  no pre-draws...they work me to death with trying remain consistent!! Hope I helped.

L.L.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  2797 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2010, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

the rule is as soon as you stop playing em they'll come up.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85; JUL $-88.90; AUG -$144.10;  SEP - $127.30;

total tics= -$1194won= $375.15profit= -$819.25

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2010, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Here's the BRT (Basic Rule of Thumb): Even with Pick 5 and especially the big lotto games, playing the same numbers or Quick Picks is always better. Why? Too many numbers and fluctuation in the draws to develop winning combinations for any targeted draw. Remain consistent and the numbers just may land in your favor.

When it comes to smaller games, it becomes just that much easier due to less total combinations and you can certainly hit by playing the  same numbers over again. This is providing, though, you have a fair amount of numbers and are patient.

In terms of fixed games, they are not. Most allow you to even see the live draws. Problem is with the RNG methods compounded with mechanical draws between midday and evening. From one style to the next can produce very similar results which can make or break one's system of play.

Personally, I wish there were  no pre-draws...they work me to death with trying remain consistent!! Hope I helped.

L.L.

On the smaller games it would be easier to stick with the same numbers because the chance of those numbers eventually coming out is pretty good.

I can't say that I would agree with the big lotto games. A Pick 5 game maybe but even then you might be waiting awhile for "your" numbers to hit.

I don't like QP's! Too many times they produce lines that are very unlikely to hit. I would rather pick numbers off the top of my head!

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                      Kansas
                      United States
                      Member #83963
                      December 19, 2009
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2010, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

That's what I'm afraid of.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

brownberry's avatar - dandy
                        long island
                        Bahamas
                        Member #73740
                        April 23, 2009
                        725 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2010, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

that happens to me all the time!!!!!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          Santa Ana
                          United States
                          Member #71159
                          February 20, 2009
                          651 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

You may think so if your chosen numbers aren't hitting/winning however, it is not fixed.  Your chosen numbers as well as mine will eventually hit one day--just keep playing and beliving and stop doubting that it won't happen. Just ask any of the new new lottery millionaires if they ever doubt or not..it is all about persistence and positive thinking. Stay on your path and keep your budget so you will have enough money to play because you never know when it will happen-GOOD LUCK IN WINNING!!Party

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                            Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #68867
                            January 1, 2009
                            1006 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2010, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I believe the game are not fixed; but in every big lotto game, certain combinations of numbers hit more than others. You can check your numbers on the Illinois Lotto Home Page.  go to Lotto links; Numbers/jackpots; pass winning numbers; search by numbers; select little lotto; enter your numbers; take out the ck mark for Limit Results to past year; hit submit.  The results will show you how your numbers did over the past years.  You should know that 40% + of the all the drawings between 02/25/04 thru 02/25/10 had 4 out of the 5 numbers hitting more than once.  Here is just one example

2004-10-19112252638
                            2009-05-0213252629
                            2009-06-13112252629
                            2009-12-041225263839

Ck out these results for yourself.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2010, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Dollar,

I feel better now,  cause I plan on playing my number until they put me in the grave ( and a fe weeks after that--just in case).  My numbers seem to be cold now, cause I have always gotten at least 2 numbers for a replay now nothing.  (FF)  But I  will not change my numbers or stop playing--- when I look at the statistics on my number patters... Oh boy!  its only a matter of time   LP family, only a matter of time.  When they hit, they seem to always hit together.

But let me say again, my "regular" set  used to be a QP that  I ended up keeping because I liked the set.  And i have won on it many times.  just not 5 of 5.  I did hit 4 of 5, so its coming.  I just hope the jackpot is more than 50K when it does, but i'll take that too.