Welcome Guest
The time is now 6:52 am
You last visited August 27, 2014, 6:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
460 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2010, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Let's face it.  Lottery winners face numerous problems including divorce, lawsuits, news media, and greedy relatives.  For a single person who wins the lottery prize, marriage is a compromise to the control that winner has over the prize.  Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward the lottery winner is actually interested in that person for him/her and not because of the money? 

I thought about this topic about "The Lottery and Marriage" this morning.  What would you do in this situation?  Would you remain single or would you marry later in life after winning a prize?  What are your thoughts on this situation?

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5350 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2010, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Let's face it.  Lottery winners face numerous problems including divorce, lawsuits, news media, and greedy relatives.  For a single person who wins the lottery prize, marriage is a compromise to the control that winner has over the prize.  Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward the lottery winner is actually interested in that person for him/her and not because of the money? 

I thought about this topic about "The Lottery and Marriage" this morning.  What would you do in this situation?  Would you remain single or would you marry later in life after winning a prize?  What are your thoughts on this situation?

I just got out of hell by winning the lottery. Why the heck would I want to get back into it?

Why would I want to have a nagging, pestering wife telling me what to do all day long, when I can have a harem of 20 year old beauties at my command?

Banana

valley girls

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2010, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if one can graduallyWink win a jackpot, but as far as marriage goes, the answer might be in looking at whether or not and why you'd get married in the first place.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

jrosina's avatar - ffdd38 1.jpg
        New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3470 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I just got out of hell by winning the lottery. Why the heck would I want to get back into it?

Why would I want to have a nagging, pestering wife telling me what to do all day long, when I can have a harem of 20 year old beauties at my command?

Banana

valley girls

Oh Boy!!! Free Falling from grace Fast!Thud

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3470 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2010, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

If the Dollars could bring me a glass of water in the middle of the night. I, am going to need a caring hand, and that is not always a paid help! You can't pay people to really care!.... Ask those who are on sick beds with paid nurses, who are rude!

If the Dollars could talk to me honestly when I need a friend!...Ask Michael who was surrounded by "Yes Men"  and "Yes women"

If the dollars could sit with me across the table and have a pleasant meal!...Ask those who are rich and sit at  restaurants alone!

And If I could take the horrible Images I saw on September 11, 2001, where many came to  work all through the night, findind body parts whit expensive Rollex watches still on the blown-off arm! (It was so clear that their money did not save them)

If I could take it with me!   Then I would remain single (If I was not Married) just to protec the money, I won in a lottery!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar 3824.gif
            California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            6126 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2010, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery has nothing to do with getting married.

Meeting the right person has everything to do with getting married.

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3470 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery has nothing to do with getting married.

Meeting the right person has everything to do with getting married.

Agree with stupidI Agree!I Agree!AMEN!!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                North Jersey
                United States
                Member #5709
                July 18, 2004
                17684 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

" Winning the lottery has nothing to do with getting married.

Meeting the right person has everything to do with getting married. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that puts this poll in true perspective....!   Could'nt agree more..

Your Best Teacher, is Your First Mistake.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Original Post by rundown99

"Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward the lottery winner is actually interested in that person for him/her and not because of the money?" 

My assumption would be if they are "running" toward me, it is for the money.  Now, if they are walking, I'll take my time choosing. 

What if I meet a woman that also won the lottery - and further, won more than I did?

Definitely, a prenuptial agreement, is needed for any and all possible marriage situations.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    9018 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

"If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?"

Only to a woman who was an orphaned only child who didn't know I had won a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17822 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Even when you're already married, winning a lottery jackpot can cause problems.Unhappy   http://www.lotterypost.com/news/102212

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                      * your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                          Wink 

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3470 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2010, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Original Post by rundown99

"Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward the lottery winner is actually interested in that person for him/her and not because of the money?" 

My assumption would be if they are "running" toward me, it is for the money.  Now, if they are walking, I'll take my time choosing. 

What if I meet a woman that also won the lottery - and further, won more than I did?

Definitely, a prenuptial agreement, is needed for any and all possible marriage situations.

do you feel that worthless, than a woman could see Nothing in you that's meaningful and lasting for her; other than your stinking Money????!!!  Remember she is not sleeping with your money, she has to sleep with you night, after night, after night....and not loving or liking anything about you???!!!..uufff No!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

She will be sleeping with MY money because My money will be in bed with me..

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3470 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

She will be sleeping with MY money because My money will be in bed with me..

Tiggs, falling asleep next to your money is a lot different than having to keep  company with the owner of it!!! No amount of money is worth that kind of awful miseryPuke

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, falling asleep next to your money is a lot different than having to keep  company with the owner of it!!! No amount of money is worth that kind of awful miseryPuke

And you know this how??..