Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:55 pm
You last visited July 24, 2014, 2:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions And Powerball Quick Pick Secret

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90537
April 29, 2010
3190 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2010, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Most mega millions and powerball winners have won the jackpot or other prizes by playing with the following quick pick machine buttons 1,2,3,4,5 and 10.

That's correct whenever you want to play $1, the lottery clerk has to press the #1 button on the machine to generate the $1 quick pick. The same goes for $2QP, $3QP, $4QP,  $5QP AND $10 QP.

But there is one little problem, whenever you play $10QP either for mega millions or powerball the store clerk might press the #5 button twice and generate two $5QPs tickets going from  A,B,C,D,E INSTEAD of going all the way trough F,G,H,I,J.

Whenever i play $10QP on mega millions or powerball I make sure that the store clerk press the #10 on the machine to generate the $10QP ticket.This is what i get when the clerk press #10 button instead of the #5 button twice, i get two separated $5QPs tickets.One ticket going from letter A,B,C,D,E AND THE OTHER GOING FROM LETTER F,G,H,I,J. IF the clerk punch the #5 button twice on the machine instead of the #10 button, i get two separated $5QPs tickets. Each ticket going from letter A,B,C,D,E.

If you have read powerball or mega millions winners stories, they have won either with $1,$2,$3,$4,$5 and $10 QUICK PICKS.For the $1QP winner the clerk pressed the #1 button on the machine.And the others machine buttons 2,3,4,5, and 10, for the $2qp,$3qp,$4qp,$5qp winners. The last powerball winner won with the #5 machine button.He spent $5QP and his tickets letters were A,B,C,D,E. Line E had the winning Jackpot line.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    5268 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2010, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Most mega millions and powerball winners have won the jackpot or other prizes by playing with the following quick pick machine buttons 1,2,3,4,5 and 10.

That's correct whenever you want to play $1, the lottery clerk has to press the #1 button on the machine to generate the $1 quick pick. The same goes for $2QP, $3QP, $4QP,  $5QP AND $10 QP.

But there is one little problem, whenever you play $10QP either for mega millions or powerball the store clerk might press the #5 button twice and generate two $5QPs tickets going from  A,B,C,D,E INSTEAD of going all the way trough F,G,H,I,J.

Whenever i play $10QP on mega millions or powerball I make sure that the store clerk press the #10 on the machine to generate the $10QP ticket.This is what i get when the clerk press #10 button instead of the #5 button twice, i get two separated $5QPs tickets.One ticket going from letter A,B,C,D,E AND THE OTHER GOING FROM LETTER F,G,H,I,J. IF the clerk punch the #5 button twice on the machine instead of the #10 button, i get two separated $5QPs tickets. Each ticket going from letter A,B,C,D,E.

If you have read powerball or mega millions winners stories, they have won either with $1,$2,$3,$4,$5 and $10 QUICK PICKS.For the $1QP winner the clerk pressed the #1 button on the machine.And the others machine buttons 2,3,4,5, and 10, for the $2qp,$3qp,$4qp,$5qp winners. The last powerball winner won with the #5 machine button.He spent $5QP and his tickets letters were A,B,C,D,E. Line E had the winning Jackpot line.

If the maximum number of combinations (QP or other) that can be printed on one ticket is 10, you're just stating the obvious. The odds of winning anything and the cost is exactly the same whether you buy 10 $1 QPs on 10 different tickets or buy 10 QPs on one ticket.

"But there is one little problem, whenever you play $10QP either for mega millions or powerball the store clerk might press the #5 button twice and generate two $5QPs tickets going from  A,B,C,D,E INSTEAD of going all the way trough F,G,H,I,J."

The QP combinations are probably listed on tickets starting with the letter "A" instead of the number "1" so players won't think those numbers are part of the combinations; A=1, B=2, etc. A ticket with 10 combinations would listed as A thru J and any ticket with 5 combinations would be listed as A thru E because "A" represents the first combination on the ticket whether you buy two $5 QPs or hundred.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      2829 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2010, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

As Stack says, there is no option to buy a ticket with 13 or 25 sets of numbers. We can be sure that several of the pools that have won played more than 10 sets of numbers, and some of the individual winners have done the same thing. I'm sure there are others, but I know that Jack Whitaker said he played 100 sets of numbers, and I'm pretty sure there was no "100" button for the clerk to push.

Somebody who buys 10 tickets is twice as likely to win as somebody who bought 5 tickets, but there are more winners among the people who bought 5 tickets because far more people spend $5 than spend $10.

The only truly useful thing we need to know is that everybody who won had a ticket come out of the slot that the tickets come out of. If that doesn't happen you don't have any chance at all.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90537
        April 29, 2010
        3190 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2010, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

If the maximum number of combinations (QP or other) that can be printed on one ticket is 10, you're just stating the obvious. The odds of winning anything and the cost is exactly the same whether you buy 10 $1 QPs on 10 different tickets or buy 10 QPs on one ticket.

"But there is one little problem, whenever you play $10QP either for mega millions or powerball the store clerk might press the #5 button twice and generate two $5QPs tickets going from  A,B,C,D,E INSTEAD of going all the way trough F,G,H,I,J."

The QP combinations are probably listed on tickets starting with the letter "A" instead of the number "1" so players won't think those numbers are part of the combinations; A=1, B=2, etc. A ticket with 10 combinations would listed as A thru J and any ticket with 5 combinations would be listed as A thru E because "A" represents the first combination on the ticket whether you buy two $5 QPs or hundred.

STACK47, You have made me see things in a different way.I agree with you 100% that 10 $1 QPS on 10 separate tickets or $10 qps on a single ticket share the same cost and odds.We should worry more about how many lines to cover than how the tickets lines are printed.

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90537
          April 29, 2010
          3190 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

KY FLOYD YOU AND STACK ARE RIGHT.More sets of numbers give us better chances to win. I think i get your point, 2 sets of quick picks numbers gives you more chances than 1 set of quick pick numbers and so on.But for some reason i have limit my playing to $1 to $5 quick picks.