Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:58 pm
You last visited October 22, 2014, 7:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Pick Or Same Set Of Numbers-Which Is Best For Increasing Your Chances To Win?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Robmaster7.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MILLION22Q$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
raleigh, north carolina
United States
Member #92687
June 12, 2010
68 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:29 am - IP Logged

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING:

• PLAYING THE SAME IDENTICAL SET OF NUMBERS EACH TIME EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME
  • OR CHANGING THE NUMBERS
  • OR DOING A COMBO WITH A REGULAR SET OF NUMBERS AND A QUICK PICK?

I was just wondering the best way to play---PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!

THANKS!Lurking

Visualize and then Materialize... Mega Millions Millions & MILLIONS 4 ME $$$$ 

God is space...........Demonstrated! 

The light from just one candle can dispel a sea of darkness so...let there be LIGHT!!!  Sun Smiley

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92332
    June 5, 2010
    781 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2010, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I think they both have the same odds in winning, since after all, the numbers are chosen at random.

Having said that... QP has been letting me down for a while now. I've been changing up the store I buy them at but that doesn't help either. At the same time, my personally chosen numbers don't do that well either. I guess I'm just unlucky.

CA
      United States
      Member #84266
      December 26, 2009
      410 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2010, 2:24 am - IP Logged

Playing the same set of numbers is a good way IMO because it will eventually hit. Maybe not in your life time or in a 100 life time but it will hit eventually. Lol.

Who knows...maybe the day you decide to switch up the numbers you play, your set in stone numbers might hit. Lol.

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
        san jose
        United States
        Member #53761
        July 20, 2007
        277 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2010, 3:07 am - IP Logged

picking your own would be good since the other day I was buying a quick pick. 23 24 25 26 39 15 came out on the slip. I was like WTH?

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
          Miami
          United States
          Member #62793
          July 9, 2008
          669 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2010, 4:33 am - IP Logged

I have one set of numbers I stick with for the Fantasy 5, but everything else is qp.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1017 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

If you use the same set of numbers you got a reasonably good chance of hitting lower prizes once in a while.

If you only want first prize you might as well play quick pick.

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
              Member #68609
              December 26, 2008
              2204 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

long term, first looking how far in the past some part of the sequence (> 1) has hit, then going in with smallest possible bets into the future (this is what I do)

probably most players manual strategy, psychologically one thinks that one increases chances by "wild" permutations (government loves this strategy, increases their   revenue, players tend to play larger sums of money, its an illusion)

very similar to the above, saves time, takes away fun from the whole thing, reduces possibility of psychic phenomena (that I strongly believe in under right circumstances)

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                4657 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

I don't think one way is better then another or has a better chance of winning. I tend to pick my own numbers and then I usually only stick with them for a week or two at a time.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                  Atchafalaya Basin
                  United States
                  Member #90218
                  April 24, 2010
                  10621 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I all ways play a new set of numbers,I use the last 20 draws to base my new sets on the premice of digits repeats them self .

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
                    Member #69169
                    January 5, 2009
                    2084 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2010, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

No matter what anyone tells you. the second bulleted point is the way to go. Trust me. Dont throw your hard earned money away. 

"Many Strategies|One Game"

NASHVILLE, TENN
                      United States
                      Member #33372
                      February 20, 2006
                      1011 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2010, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I stick with the same losing numbers.  I hate changing tradition.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        16525 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I stick with the same losing numbers.  I hate changing tradition.

LOL! Gasmeterguy. Well, they have to come eventually, right? It's just a matter of patience.

Big Smile

OP - I couldn't stand sticking with the same playlist day after day after day. Boring.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86155
                          January 30, 2010
                          1425 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2010, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

It ultimately depends on one's system of play to be perfectly honest. If you'll take your time and wait for a particular draw that "works" consistently then, you can play the same set of numbers each time. But, this requires being patient and waiting for the numbers that work best to show up. Otherwise, you'll need to change each time and adjust according to the draw.

Any way you decide to play can win or lose but, the idea is to win as consistently as possible while generating a descent profit. Now, YOU WILL LOSE BUT, as long as it doesn't cost you to lose then you'll be okay. What this means is that you'll only lose back a portion of the profits you've made. If you don't have to go back into your pocket again to play the next draw, then you're on top of your game. I'm telling you some good stuff.

L.L.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            9110 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

I think they both have the same odds in winning, since after all, the numbers are chosen at random.

Having said that... QP has been letting me down for a while now. I've been changing up the store I buy them at but that doesn't help either. At the same time, my personally chosen numbers don't do that well either. I guess I'm just unlucky.

ttech10

Hitting a jackpot is luck.

Not hitting anything isn't bad luck, it's just the most likely result.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              Santa Ana
                              United States
                              Member #71159
                              February 20, 2009
                              651 Posts
                              Posted: June 13, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

I've played the same identical set of numbers and (1) QP for: MM/SL and Fantasy 5.  I will keep on playing this way because my chosen numbers will eventually hit very soonWink  GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!