Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:18 pm
You last visited July 30, 2014, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone ever entered in PCH "lottery"

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rio Rancho, NM
United States
Member #94078
July 13, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2010, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

First time poster here.  Hello to all of you.  I'm just wondering.  For the past 4 months, I have been entering Publisher Clearing House contest.  You know the one, "Ed McMahon" use to come to your door and you win million dollars, etc. yada, yada, yada.

I have been trying for tha past 4 months.  Of course, you get junk email and all (but I filter them out).  I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever entered and more importantly ... ever won anything.  I know it is a "legit" contest ... saw some couple won a million dollars on "Oprah" once.

Just wondering.

MKY in Rio Rancho, NM

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2010, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

First time poster here.  Hello to all of you.  I'm just wondering.  For the past 4 months, I have been entering Publisher Clearing House contest.  You know the one, "Ed McMahon" use to come to your door and you win million dollars, etc. yada, yada, yada.

I have been trying for tha past 4 months.  Of course, you get junk email and all (but I filter them out).  I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever entered and more importantly ... ever won anything.  I know it is a "legit" contest ... saw some couple won a million dollars on "Oprah" once.

Just wondering.

MKY in Rio Rancho, NM

tiggs use to carry mail and hated them things..The McNutts and ridge must have had a mess when they was delivered..Them two must have waited at thier door day in and day out waiting for Ed to come-a-knocken..drunk of course..

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      4578 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering.

MKY in Rio Rancho, NM

My Aunt recently won $100 from them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

tiggs use to carry mail and hated them things..The McNutts and ridge must have had a mess when they was delivered..Them two must have waited at thier door day in and day out waiting for Ed to come-a-knocken..drunk of course..

Strangely enough, those are the only pieces of mail that are never lost, stolen or put in the wrong mailbox.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          8939 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2010, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

What''s the O/U before someone tells us they have the PCH System?

Scared

Yes, the PCH Sweepstakes is legit and pretty solid proof of nothing but luck at work. Even when the intended winner isn't home so they just go to the house next door.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Listens to the wind

United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            18792 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2010, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

no , but thank you for asking.

There's only one US Flag

dover delaware
              United States
              Member #4466
              April 26, 2004
              1082 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2010, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

hmmmm  hate to telll you this ive been entering for the last 37 years and not a dime won  lesonook  and oh i used to order stuff from them all the time too that did not help either

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2010, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

hmmmm  hate to telll you this ive been entering for the last 37 years and not a dime won  lesonook  and oh i used to order stuff from them all the time too that did not help either

I licked those little stamps and searched through the pile of crap once or twice looking for them and that was enough.

Straight to the garbage since then.

You don't get me to do something voluntarily by making it difficult.

The people in the Prize Van would never get past my dogs anyway, much less the McNutt's down the mountain.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Palm Springs CA
                  United States
                  Member #67060
                  November 15, 2008
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I enter all the PCH contests and sweeps every day...I won $100  from them when I was 19 about 31 years ago.   They are fun, and you just never know......people actually win these prizes.  Good luck to all that enter!

Milwaukee, WI
                    United States
                    Member #3131
                    December 27, 2003
                    665 Posts
                    Posted: July 17, 2010, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

No need to lick stamps now. You can do it online......

pch.com

MarkP

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                      Member #88437
                      March 16, 2010
                      397 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I have entered twice...didn't hear anything the first time...maybe I will this time. LOL

$1,000,000

Buford. GA
                        United States
                        Member #4
                        April 19, 2001
                        853 Posts
                        Posted: July 21, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

hilarious!!!!!LOL

"as long as you win more than you lose...gamblins' not a problem"

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          16148 Posts
                          Posted: July 21, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

PartyThe Prize Patrol.

I throw mine away too. I don't want those goons at the door. For some strange reason, I think I'd be owing them something for the rest of

my life if I accept one of those big paper checks and their cheap bottle of bubbly.

United States
                            Member #83701
                            December 13, 2009
                            225 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2010, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering.

MKY in Rio Rancho, NM

Ed McMahon was with American Family Publishers which competed with Publishers Clearing House.   AFP went out of business.   If you select sweepstakes facts and look at the odds, they make the state lotteries look like sure things.