Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:52 am
You last visited July 23, 2014, 3:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Blind Trust

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Temecula, CA
United States
Member #77384
July 22, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2010, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Can you claim a jackpot prize through a Blind Trust even if you have already signed the winning ticket?

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92332
    June 5, 2010
    759 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2010, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm not exactly sure but since the ticket is a bearer instrument I'd imagine if your name was on the ticket your name would be on the check and in the papers (thus canceling out a blind trust).

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      28337 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2010, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Can you claim a jackpot prize through a Blind Trust even if you have already signed the winning ticket?

Why did you win??

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Jack-C's avatar - us
        San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #61467
        May 24, 2008
        27420 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2010, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Yes, but you certainly don't want a "Blind Trust".  With a blind trust you would not have control of or the ability to see what was happening in the trust.  I really don't think you want that!! This has been discussed here on LP.  Do a search.

Texas
          United States
          Member #92332
          June 5, 2010
          759 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2010, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but you certainly don't want a "Blind Trust".  With a blind trust you would not have control of or the ability to see what was happening in the trust.  I really don't think you want that!! This has been discussed here on LP.  Do a search.

If you want to stay anonymous though isn't a blind trust really the only way to go (at least for states like Texas that don't allow you to claim anonymously)? From what I understand about LLCs and regular trusts is that your name is still basically out there.

Jack-C's avatar - us
            San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #61467
            May 24, 2008
            27420 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2010, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

If you want to stay anonymous though isn't a blind trust really the only way to go (at least for states like Texas that don't allow you to claim anonymously)? From what I understand about LLCs and regular trusts is that your name is still basically out there.

Same with a blind trust.  A blind trust is used mostly by people that have assets that would be considered a conflict of interest in what they are now doing.  They put their assets in a blind trust.  It is called "blind" because they can not see the assets in the trust and they can not control them, so there is no conflict.

Texas
              United States
              Member #92332
              June 5, 2010
              759 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Same with a blind trust.  A blind trust is used mostly by people that have assets that would be considered a conflict of interest in what they are now doing.  They put their assets in a blind trust.  It is called "blind" because they can not see the assets in the trust and they can not control them, so there is no conflict.

Yea I know the whole thing about not being able to see the assets and that you don't really have control over the money, but I had read that when you're creating it you could add a stipulation that would pay out whatever money to either yourself or other people and then dissolve the trust. That way you could still be completely anonymous and have control of your money.

Upon reading more about LLC's though, with the use of an attorney and a registered agent your name is still pretty much out of the spotlight. With investigation people can see who owns the LLC but the lottery won't release that info. It's not complete anonymity but it will work for me, only a handful of people would bother looking up to see that I own the LLC, and I believe I could use a P.O. Box so still people wouldn't know my house address.

What's better is I already live 3 blocks from the best law firm here so I wouldn't have to drive far to talk to them about getting everything done. Of course first I have to do the near impossible, haha.