Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:02 pm
You last visited July 23, 2014, 12:01 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Can Play the Euro Millions Lottery?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billybouy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Who is eligible to play Euro Millions Lottery?

Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom are the countries where the Euro Millions Lottery is played. Do you have to be a resident of one of these countries in order to win?

For instance, if I was to purchase a ticket during a visit to France and my ticket won the jackpot, would I be disqualified as the winner because I am a United States citizen or would my ticket be honored and I receive my jackpot?

What are the rules and regulations of the Euro Millions Lottery?

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar 3824.gif
    California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    6058 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Don't quote me on this but from what I've read about it people who can play are-- any person 18 or over who resides in countries involved in the lottery.

(Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom)

paurths's avatar - underground
      Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
      Belgium
      Member #19287
      July 29, 2005
      2254 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2010, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Euromillions is grand theft... odds are 1 in 75 000 000, winning is 15 000 000 ... thanks, but no thanks

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

Vancouver
        Canada
        Member #99834
        November 1, 2010
        16 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2010, 3:21 am - IP Logged

Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom are the countries where the Euro Millions Lottery is played. Do you have to be a resident of one of these countries in order to win?

For instance, if I was to purchase a ticket during a visit to France and my ticket won the jackpot, would I be disqualified as the winner because I am a United States citizen or would my ticket be honored and I receive my jackpot?

I tried to purchase ticket streight on UK lottery a while ago, but i got rejected from registration as i was not residance of UK. I was on the phone with Customer Service as they told me that i need to have valid UK address , i gave up after that :)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21432 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2010, 7:59 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United Kingdom
            Member #70630
            February 7, 2009
            734 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Can I play while overseas?

To play UK National Lottery games online or by text, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also only play in a country where it is lawful to do so, as local laws abroad often prevent the sale or purchase of tickets for any overseas lottery, including the UK National Lottery.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make may be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

Find out more about playing outside the UK and Isle of Man

Please note that from 13th December the Rules will change. As well as being a UK or Isle of Man resident, you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers or payment details.

This is from UK lotto site,stupid rules don't know why.

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

Monkey Butt, USA
              United States
              Member #54569
              August 23, 2007
              1124 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2010, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for your answers. I know that Euro Millions can be played online. But here in the U.S. online gambling is illegal. Drat!!!

I hate the fact that in order to participate in the Euro Millions drawing I would have to either be a resident of one of the participating countries or rely on an online gambling site to place my bets, ect....

Bummer.....

I learned quite a bit from this thread.

Monkey Butt, USA
                United States
                Member #54569
                August 23, 2007
                1124 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2010, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Can I play while overseas?

To play UK National Lottery games online or by text, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also only play in a country where it is lawful to do so, as local laws abroad often prevent the sale or purchase of tickets for any overseas lottery, including the UK National Lottery.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make may be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

Find out more about playing outside the UK and Isle of Man

Please note that from 13th December the Rules will change. As well as being a UK or Isle of Man resident, you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers or payment details.

This is from UK lotto site,stupid rules don't know why.

Are the rules different if the foreigner is a temporary resident of that country?

Would it be wrong of me to assume that if I was a temporary resident of one of these countries, such as a student or relocated because of employment then I could play Euro Millions?

United Kingdom
                  Member #70630
                  February 7, 2009
                  734 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2010, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Are the rules different if the foreigner is a temporary resident of that country?

Would it be wrong of me to assume that if I was a temporary resident of one of these countries, such as a student or relocated because of employment then I could play Euro Millions?

The link in this notification answers that I think you have to be a permanent UK resident or European resident to play.

Regards,

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "