Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:32 pm
You last visited October 25, 2014, 1:26 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Blind Trust States or Name Change?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by SHGuy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Alexandria, VA
United States
Member #103624
January 4, 2011
2 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2011, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know which Mega Millions states allow winners to claim as a blind trust?

If a state does not allow it.... how feasible of an idea would it be to consider changing your name prior to claiming a prize (so that the new name is the one published all over the internet).  There are many locations - that although they require a name change to be published in a local newspaper - the newspaper does not have an online edition and therefore wouldn't be published online.   It would be easy enough to rent a house/condo in such a place, and then quickly proceed with the name change in that county... assuming it could be accomplished before the winning ticket needs to be claimed.

The only problems that I can forsee with this idea is 1) making sure that that the name change took effect along with the time it would take to obtain an updated social security card and driver's license prior to the  6 months - 1 year claiming period   AND 2) not being able to sign the back of the ticket until you were sure the new name change took effect.  I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that idea (not signing the back of the ticket right away).   But I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be claiming the prize with my true identity either.

Canada
    Member #68663
    December 27, 2008
    260 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2011, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know which Mega Millions states allow winners to claim as a blind trust?

If a state does not allow it.... how feasible of an idea would it be to consider changing your name prior to claiming a prize (so that the new name is the one published all over the internet).  There are many locations - that although they require a name change to be published in a local newspaper - the newspaper does not have an online edition and therefore wouldn't be published online.   It would be easy enough to rent a house/condo in such a place, and then quickly proceed with the name change in that county... assuming it could be accomplished before the winning ticket needs to be claimed.

The only problems that I can forsee with this idea is 1) making sure that that the name change took effect along with the time it would take to obtain an updated social security card and driver's license prior to the  6 months - 1 year claiming period   AND 2) not being able to sign the back of the ticket until you were sure the new name change took effect.  I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that idea (not signing the back of the ticket right away).   But I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be claiming the prize with my true identity either.

A trust is a legal entity recognized by all states. I do not believe there is such a thing as a "blind" trust.

Way easier than trying to change your name.

joshuacloak's avatar - avatar 23415.gif

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      640 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2011, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

or  do it the evil way

a trust within a trust

did you know past winners, have 1 main trust claim it, it paid the taxes, then within that trust, was other trusts, one was for family bills, a other was health care trust, higher ed trust, etc

am for real, you could hide, they can have the Name of the trustee, the lawyer of the frist trust, and have the names of the other trusts

the lottery and everyone else, won't have the 2nd trust papers

to hold the property for the benefit of one or more individuals or organizations or other legal beings

its so easy to side step being public, you have to be a moron to miss it up

if you really win, trust me, get a lawyer that does trusts and let him work hes Magic, and you be so will hidden , it take a army of evil lawyers to find you out lol

in case i confused anyone, NO ONE BUT YOU and your lawyer will have the 2nd trust papers, with YOUR NAME on it, it can't go public

lottery will get to see the frist trust, to make sure its legit trust ofc,

but all they will have is the NAME of the 2nd trust's getting the payments

, they wont have a clue what the 2nd trust is, cease they don't have a legal right to know person details of 2nd trust,

hell i hide 3rd trust even

if somone taken the 2nd trust to court, and somehow got past ever law to see the 2nd trust papers, all they have is the name of the 3RD trust

thats a killer defence,

you can in theory, have a trust within a trust within a trust, and keep on going on forever

,  trust lawyers can leave one hell of a long money trail  if they wanted to ROFL

you can thank  world of the rich and big Corporations lawyers, they have mastered the art hiding where money comes form , and goes form

long as the irs gets their full 35% cut form the first trust, you can tunnel that money to god  and your lawyer only knows what ends, to it reachs your last end trust, that you personal use

Alexandria, VA
        United States
        Member #103624
        January 4, 2011
        2 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

So it's possible to claim as a trust in every state? I was under the impression that some states did not allow it.

That's great if true... I'd MUCH rather claim as a trust.

But if not possible... I was thinking the name change PRIOR to claiming would be the way to go.  Then after winning, it could be changed back... perhaps in a different jurisdiction. 

I'm the only person with my name (at least in N.America) - and also being single I know that the first thing people do when learning your last name is google you.  That's a really bad combo. 

wahhh wahhhhh  <--- *game show losing sound*