Welcome Guest
You last visited December 19, 2014, 4:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone won $1 M or $$/week with scratch off ?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103220
December 31, 2010
89 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2011, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

There is not much previous winners information when it comes to scratch off lotteries. Does anyone here know if there have been big winners such as a million dollar winner or 500 or 1000 per week for 20 yrs. It seems since there are not as many buyers(less possibility), noone really hits the jackpot.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95881
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2011, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I believe the NY lotto site should have that information. If it doesnt then you can email the lottery commision and request a winners list

NY
      United States
      Member #103220
      December 31, 2010
      89 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

It looks like people have won big such as a million bucks, 3 million, 500/wk for life. The reason I can tell is on NY lottery website under top prizes, they have mentioned the unclaimed tickets, they don't list specific dates so it could be years in the making. I just don't hear often that someone has won million or more in scratch offs.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95881
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2011, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

It looks like people have won big such as a million bucks, 3 million, 500/wk for life. The reason I can tell is on NY lottery website under top prizes, they have mentioned the unclaimed tickets, they don't list specific dates so it could be years in the making. I just don't hear often that someone has won million or more in scratch offs.

In FL, I keep track of all of the news releases on the FL lottery site. I have a spreadsheet I created that shows the current games, release dates, winners, winner cities etc....The reason I keep track of this is to see what tickets have recently had a big winner. If someone just won a top prize on a scratch off, I will usually play another game for a few weeks. Through the records/research that I keep, I can usually tell how long a game will last from start-finish and whcih ones are good to buy at the current time.

I understand what you are saying about the NY lottery, the best thing to do is email them and ask for a winners list on whatever scratch off you are interested in playing. That will show you the dates & cities there were winners.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9213 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2011, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Some of the winners on The Lottery Changed My Life series on TLC had played scratchers.

Scratchers are the lotteries biggest sellers, not so sure about there not being as many buyers. Maybe not for the highest priced ones.

In my area (Illinois and Missouri) it seems tht whenver there's a big winner on the local news it was a crossowrd or poker scratcher.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Listens to the wind
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            20602 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2011, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I myself have not.

There's only one US Flag