Welcome Guest
You last visited December 20, 2014, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New scratch offs in Florida? Already?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
FL
United States
Member #104950
January 22, 2011
105 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2011, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

So, I hit my favorite store today and what is this? ???? Next week is more new scratch offs coming out?  Come on now,  I don't think this makes any sense.  I can't split my money up any more for different sets of tickets.  I only have a little bit and if I stick to say BDB then I can only get a few tickets a month and that is it.  I have to call it a day (month) and stop myself and not buy anymore.

I've tried some of these $5 ones and lose 11 in row and I fell like that is worse than losing 3 in a row on BDB.  Then I mostly only see a 5 or 10.00 win on the $5's anyway so I am trying to avoid those, except maybe Orlando Magic for 2nd chance but may even ditch that.

I don't have alot of information on the new games, just don't think its needed, I just saw a display and they had some new 1 and 2 dollar and a new $5.00 called 
"Black Pearls"   Especially if this  $5.00 ticket has similar odds as Black and Green Hornet.   I really think it's becoming a major push for the lottery to reel in major profits with total and complete disregard and disrespect that there are actually people playing and need to see some winning and some reasons to keep playing.

Hopefully this will bite them where it hurts but then they will cry about sales being down and get for a bail out, which we will pay for anyway so I think the moral is that my wallet is getting lighter all the time.  Maybe stop scratch offs for a while and sink a good amount into Fantasy 5?

Florida
    United States
    Member #102885
    December 27, 2010
    334 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2011, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

So, I hit my favorite store today and what is this? ???? Next week is more new scratch offs coming out?  Come on now,  I don't think this makes any sense.  I can't split my money up any more for different sets of tickets.  I only have a little bit and if I stick to say BDB then I can only get a few tickets a month and that is it.  I have to call it a day (month) and stop myself and not buy anymore.

I've tried some of these $5 ones and lose 11 in row and I fell like that is worse than losing 3 in a row on BDB.  Then I mostly only see a 5 or 10.00 win on the $5's anyway so I am trying to avoid those, except maybe Orlando Magic for 2nd chance but may even ditch that.

I don't have alot of information on the new games, just don't think its needed, I just saw a display and they had some new 1 and 2 dollar and a new $5.00 called 
    "Black Pearls"   Especially if this  $5.00 ticket has similar odds as Black and Green Hornet.   I really think it's becoming a major push for the lottery to reel in major profits with total and complete disregard and disrespect that there are actually people playing and need to see some winning and some reasons to keep playing.

Hopefully this will bite them where it hurts but then they will cry about sales being down and get for a bail out, which we will pay for anyway so I think the moral is that my wallet is getting lighter all the time.  Maybe stop scratch offs for a while and sink a good amount into Fantasy 5?

ShiftyWell, this is a no brainer. The more scratch-offs the lottery releases the more money they take in because it distracts us from sticking to one game and makes the odds even more astronomical.

I definitely do not play Green Hornet, Heat or Magic, Black,Cruise for Cash, Holiday Millions or Holiday "anything".  Just stick to the older scratchers with prizes remaining and you'll be fine. If you limit yourself to one per day if you're a "scratchaholic" then you're not out by that much if you go nuts buying.

Florida
      United States
      Member #102885
      December 27, 2010
      334 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Dupe AlertALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! FLORIDIANS PLEASE READ!!!!

I just checked the Florida Lotto website and Florida Lotto is putting an end to the older scratch-offs with top prizes remaining(Cool $100,000/$250,000 Club/Nutcracker Cash). The end date is 3/31/2011. So we have less than 2 months the get the remaining top prizes on these.

I guess they are not making money on these!

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #104438
        January 14, 2011
        2197 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Im having trouble focusing on 1 scratch off as it is. If anything id like to stop playing all of them and stick to only a couple.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

FL
          United States
          Member #104950
          January 22, 2011
          105 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the list of active games and now about to be retires games is longer than it has ever been before.   I haven't seen Cool 100,000 or Nutcracker in stores here.  I'm really confused, I feel like wanting to jump on a game as soon as it comes out because there are winners and now there are games retiring with top prizes remaining. I can't do both.  I was ranting in the last post because today, my efforts to get a couple people to join up and help out on all this seem to be falling through.  I think a group would be stronger than just me tryin to grab a few tickets here and there but there is a lack of interest and sure I understand... a lack of wanting to open the wallet.  But many will continue to go it alone and do far worse than if we just put in say 50 a month and team up.  I guess they want any prize that might materialize all to themselves.  Allright, I've gotten some great advice from the regulars around here so I'll just try to calm down, stick with the plan and try not to do what I did in january (Overspend).

I was fine in Nov, Dec, but overdid a bit in Jan.  This was primarily because of new game -MillionSCARCE Club) so seeing more new games freeeeeek mee outtt

Florida
            United States
            Member #102885
            December 27, 2010
            334 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Im having trouble focusing on 1 scratch off as it is. If anything id like to stop playing all of them and stick to only a couple.

You can do it. Just pick your Favorite from whichever category you're comfortable playing at and stick with itDance

Florida
              United States
              Member #102885
              December 27, 2010
              334 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the list of active games and now about to be retires games is longer than it has ever been before.   I haven't seen Cool 100,000 or Nutcracker in stores here.  I'm really confused, I feel like wanting to jump on a game as soon as it comes out because there are winners and now there are games retiring with top prizes remaining. I can't do both.  I was ranting in the last post because today, my efforts to get a couple people to join up and help out on all this seem to be falling through.  I think a group would be stronger than just me tryin to grab a few tickets here and there but there is a lack of interest and sure I understand... a lack of wanting to open the wallet.  But many will continue to go it alone and do far worse than if we just put in say 50 a month and team up.  I guess they want any prize that might materialize all to themselves.  Allright, I've gotten some great advice from the regulars around here so I'll just try to calm down, stick with the plan and try not to do what I did in january (Overspend).

I was fine in Nov, Dec, but overdid a bit in Jan.  This was primarily because of new game -MillionSCARCE Club) so seeing more new games freeeeeek mee outtt

Cool 100,000 is available at lots of places in Miami, I wouldn't bother with Nutcracker, I've seen these in a couple of places too.

Florida
                United States
                Member #104438
                January 14, 2011
                2197 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

When I read the list I was thinking what the hell are half of those games ive never seen them around here before lol.

They should retire all the junk with 0 top prizes remaining ...

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #102885
                  December 27, 2010
                  334 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

When I read the list I was thinking what the hell are half of those games ive never seen them around here before lol.

They should retire all the junk with 0 top prizes remaining ...

I didn't check the $3,$2,$1 Scratchers. The only one I saw with 0 prizes that was bein retired was Holiday Millions ($10)

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                    The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95881
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2011, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Dupe AlertALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!! FLORIDIANS PLEASE READ!!!!

I just checked the Florida Lotto website and Florida Lotto is putting an end to the older scratch-offs with top prizes remaining(Cool $100,000/$250,000 Club/Nutcracker Cash). The end date is 3/31/2011. So we have less than 2 months the get the remaining top prizes on these.

I guess they are not making money on these!

Also - The FL Lottery "BLACK" scratch off has 0 winners left. No point in playing anymore since all top prizes are gone

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #102885
                      December 27, 2010
                      334 Posts
                      Posted: February 10, 2011, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, for the heads up B$Rizzle.  If you noticed Fla Lotto (to their convenience) did not advertise where and when (again). So folks who do not use technology to look up the table will be wasting their money in vain. Confused

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                        The Ville, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95881
                        August 19, 2010
                        1708 Posts
                        Posted: February 10, 2011, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, for the heads up B$Rizzle.  If you noticed Fla Lotto (to their convenience) did not advertise where and when (again). So folks who do not use technology to look up the table will be wasting their money in vain. Confused

I agree, that's why we are one step ahead Thumbs Up

FL
                          United States
                          Member #104950
                          January 22, 2011
                          105 Posts
                          Posted: February 10, 2011, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad Black is gone.  I had a bad time with that one.  It seems like top prizes go the first couple weeks a new game comes out so I grabbed some Black.  Figured I would play until I won.  10 tickets lose, 11th one is 5.00.   This happened twice, then when I saw only 1 top prize remaining, I tried one last time, believe it, same thing happened.  It was from an ITVM and on 11 counting down.   I got them all 11 -00 and only one 5.00 win.  I feel Black Pearls will be the same and actually has worse odds I think. 

I have been doing much better with the NBA MAgic ticket and still trying for a 2nd chance prize, I would really like to know where that top prize was purchased.  I wonder if it was from the Lottery event at the Heat vs. Magic game and then took a couple days for someone to claim it.  Orlando blog Mr. Lucky had the info on his site about the event where they gave away extra  prizes  for every 2 tickets purchased outside the Amway Center.

If anyone hears anything about where that win was, please post it.  It sure is secret but I'm thinking it was probably in central florida.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104438
                            January 14, 2011
                            2197 Posts
                            Posted: February 10, 2011, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I hit a few times for $50 right when it was released but the ticket went cold on me since ive lost about each time ive played.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #102885
                              December 27, 2010
                              334 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2011, 7:32 am - IP Logged

Someone won, the the 1st Miami Heat prize. No info on where or when or by who? 2 prizes remaining.What?