Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:53 am
You last visited October 1, 2014, 2:46 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Trying to find an old lottery system

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LAVERNE MALONEY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ocala Florida
United States
Member #109058
April 5, 2011
5 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2011, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the board and was wondering if any of the experts out there can remember the name of a lottery system from back in the 90's. I am from buffalo ny and use to see it on the infomercials late at night. I believe it had a french name. The way it worked was for a pick 6 lottery you could actually choose like 12 numbers and then it would put those numbers into different combinations so if a few came in you would have a winning ticket or maybe more than one. You would have to play a specified number of tickets depending on how many numbers you choose. I owned it way back then but throughout moving it has been lost or thrown away. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jobo

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
    Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103049
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I dont know the name of this particular system, however the concept you described sounds exactly like 'wheeling'. If you google 'wheeling' you'll probably find quite a bit of info on the web, as well as here on LP. There is also a section under 'systems' that has wheels for pick 5 and pick 6 games.

Ocala Florida
      United States
      Member #109058
      April 5, 2011
      5 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2011, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi and thanks for the reply. That is sort of the way it worked but the wheel makes you buy alot more tickets when you add numbers. Hopefully someone will remember the name.

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar 3824.gif
        California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        6400 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2011, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Was doing a little research on the net today....could it perhaps be called "Player's Pick" lottery kit? Or something like that? If it was a hot system it would most probably still be on the market. Tells ya something,dudn't it? lol.

lottobrain's avatar - box
          Smyrna, DE
          United States
          Member #10074
          January 1, 2005
          112 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2011, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

One of the simplest systems for 12 numbers in a pick 6 lottery consists of selecting the 12 numbers by any method you choose (birthday numbers, statistical lottery charts, etc.) and then grouping the 12 numbers into 4 groups of 3 numbers each.  You then play each of the 3 number groups with each other which will result in 6 combinations to play.  If you are lucky enough to guess all 6 of the numbers drawn by the lottery within your 12 numbers, you have a chance to win at least 3 "four out of 6" prizes.

Depending on the way your lottery pays out in prizes, you can win 1 "four out 6" prize with only 4 numbers selected correctly, but you would be required to get either one 3 number group right with all 3 numbers and then have the other number in one of the other 3 number groups, or get 2 numbers right in two of the 3 number groups. In order to win the jackpot, you would have to guess all 3 numbers right in 2 of the 3 number groups. With 5 numbers guessed correctly, you could get a "5 out of 6" prize by getting 3 numbers right in one 3 number group and 2 numbers right in another 3 number group.  Here is the basic pattern using the numbers 1-12 for the 6 combinations.

1-2-3-4-5-6     1-2-3-7-8-9     1-2-3-10-11-12     4-5-6-7-8-9

4-5-6-10-11-12     7-8-9-10-11-12

It is a good basic little system that one can take with him or her to any state and play while on a trip, vacation, etc. and increase ones odds of winning a prize without spending a lot of money because it is easy to remember.

Ocala Florida
            United States
            Member #109058
            April 5, 2011
            5 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2011, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I will keep searching and try some new ones as well. pipe in if you know the system I am speaking about.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
              Member #1987
              August 5, 2003
              8812 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2011, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Was doing a little research on the net today....could it perhaps be called "Player's Pick" lottery kit? Or something like that? If it was a hot system it would most probably still be on the market. Tells ya something,dudn't it? lol.

Hello lottolaughs, I researched the "Players Pick" & I saw the name Marian Petres, it was an infomercial in the 1990's, Lottery Combination Selector Kit. An entire article was written & it was mentioned, I thought that would be the system to which Jobo18 was looking to find. 

Ocala Florida
                United States
                Member #109058
                April 5, 2011
                5 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2011, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Laverne you are awesome!!!That is exactly it. I had it at one time and lost it and would love to have it again. Thanks so much for all your efforts in finding it for me. It was driving me crazy!!!

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                  Member #1987
                  August 5, 2003
                  8812 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2011, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Laverne you are awesome!!!That is exactly it. I had it at one time and lost it and would love to have it again. Thanks so much for all your efforts in finding it for me. It was driving me crazy!!!

Jobo18, all of the credit goes to Lottolaughs!!!!!