Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:01 am
You last visited October 24, 2014, 7:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball 28 The Most overdue Red Ball

Topic closed. 225 replies. Last post 3 years ago by kapla.

Page 1 of 16
PrintE-mailLink
NYSlugger 777's avatar - 777
NY
United States
Member #54513
August 21, 2007
6371 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I was going through a list of Results for the Powerball Game and i've noticed the Red Powerball # "28" has never hit as the winning RED  Powerball Number since the first Powerball Drawing was held in New York which was back on January 7th, 2009. That was 258 Powerball Drawings ago!  Mathematically every RED powerball # should hit about once in every 39 Drawings on Average since there are 39 RED Powerball #'s to choose from ( 1 - 39) . Since 258 Drawings have already taken place since the Powerball Drawing began in NY this means the RED Powerball # 28 should have already hit at least a couple of times but it still has yet to hit, and it's also the ONLY Red Powerball # that has NEVER hit as the winning Powerball # since the first Powerball drawing was held in NY!

The last time the # 28 was the winning RED Powerball Number before Powerball began in all states was on February 9th 2008 which was over 300 Drawings ago!  Winning #'s for that drawing were,  4, 23,  24,  30, 43,  and PB 28. Of course Powerball is now a state - wide game so the Same #'s that come up as the Results in Your State will be the exact Powerball Drawing Results for every other state. This makes the Powerball Red Ball # 28 the most overdue Red Ball since it's out the longest.I'm almost positive this is the out the Longest Red Ball Number For the Powerball Game but if  I am wrong please correct me.

The odds of winning the Jackpot can be reduced from the original 1 in 195,249,054 to just 1 in 5,138,133 if you use Powerball 28 as your red ball and Powerball 28 is actually drawn since the chances of matching The Five White Ball #'s without the Powerball are 1 in 5,138,133 as stated on the back of the Powerball Game Card. However thats if you play just 1 game of Powerball. Play 10 games of powerball and Divide those odds by 10 and you get about a  1 out 513, 813 chance of winning the Jackpot. 1 in 513,813 odds can be tough but it's much easier than 1 out of 195,249,054 ! (Be aware these odds reduction statistics will only be in effect when Powerball # 28 is actually drawn as the Red Ball #.) KNowing that # 28 is the most overdue Red Ball I no Longer have to worry about matching the Five White Ball Numbers PLus the Powerball Red # now i'll just have to worry about choosing Five White Ball #'s.

My guess is that the Powerball # 28 will hit as the Red Ball REALLY soon. I'm playing it as the Powerball # in Every game of powerball I play and also adding the Powerplay option to the ticket(s). That way if I play 10 games and the Powerplay is x5 I will win $15 per game just for matching the Powerball ! I may also get lucky and match a couple of white ball #'s to win greater tier prizes or even all 5 white balls #'s and hit the Jackpot. Good luck to anyone who will try to use the Powerball 28 Red Ball # in future Powerball Games. I'll keep this thread updated and Post My results when # 28 is drawn as the Winning Powerball Red #.

ressuccess's avatar - WhiteShyGuy

United States
    Member #93166
    June 23, 2010
    835 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I hoppe Powerball 28 gets hit in the next draw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      17943 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2011, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I was going through a list of Results for the Powerball Game and i've noticed the Red Powerball # "28" has never hit as the winning RED  Powerball Number since the first Powerball Drawing was held in New York which was back on January 7th, 2009. That was 258 Powerball Drawings ago!  Mathematically every RED powerball # should hit about once in every 39 Drawings on Average since there are 39 RED Powerball #'s to choose from ( 1 - 39) . Since 258 Drawings have already taken place since the Powerball Drawing began in NY this means the RED Powerball # 28 should have already hit at least a couple of times but it still has yet to hit, and it's also the ONLY Red Powerball # that has NEVER hit as the winning Powerball # since the first Powerball drawing was held in NY!

The last time the # 28 was the winning RED Powerball Number before Powerball began in all states was on February 9th 2008 which was over 300 Drawings ago!  Winning #'s for that drawing were,  4, 23,  24,  30, 43,  and PB 28. Of course Powerball is now a state - wide game so the Same #'s that come up as the Results in Your State will be the exact Powerball Drawing Results for every other state. This makes the Powerball Red Ball # 28 the most overdue Red Ball since it's out the longest.I'm almost positive this is the out the Longest Red Ball Number For the Powerball Game but if  I am wrong please correct me.

The odds of winning the Jackpot can be reduced from the original 1 in 195,249,054 to just 1 in 5,138,133 if you use Powerball 28 as your red ball and Powerball 28 is actually drawn since the chances of matching The Five White Ball #'s without the Powerball are 1 in 5,138,133 as stated on the back of the Powerball Game Card. However thats if you play just 1 game of Powerball. Play 10 games of powerball and Divide those odds by 10 and you get about a  1 out 513, 813 chance of winning the Jackpot. 1 in 513,813 odds can be tough but it's much easier than 1 out of 195,249,054 ! (Be aware these odds reduction statistics will only be in effect when Powerball # 28 is actually drawn as the Red Ball #.) KNowing that # 28 is the most overdue Red Ball I no Longer have to worry about matching the Five White Ball Numbers PLus the Powerball Red # now i'll just have to worry about choosing Five White Ball #'s.

My guess is that the Powerball # 28 will hit as the Red Ball REALLY soon. I'm playing it as the Powerball # in Every game of powerball I play and also adding the Powerplay option to the ticket(s). That way if I play 10 games and the Powerplay is x5 I will win $15 per game just for matching the Powerball ! I may also get lucky and match a couple of white ball #'s to win greater tier prizes or even all 5 white balls #'s and hit the Jackpot. Good luck to anyone who will try to use the Powerball 28 Red Ball # in future Powerball Games. I'll keep this thread updated and Post My results when # 28 is drawn as the Winning Powerball Red #.

Mathematically every RED powerball # should hit about once in every 39 Drawings on Average since there are 39 RED Powerball #'s to choose from ( 1 - 39) .

Math can only tell you the frequency a number shows up in the drawings that counts,(the ones that shown on TV).  For #28 that's zero and that's how often you should expect to see it in that drawing.   It probably does show up in the test drawings but they don't count.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
      * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
           Wink 

GTO-1965's avatar - metheboyz
        Ft Wright KY
        United States
        Member #102932
        December 28, 2010
        93 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2011, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Oddly enough about #28 is that it is the least occuring Mega-Ball 'Mega' number as well ... In the years since Megaball has been, the number 28 has been the Mega only 5 times...  and as not appeared since Nov 17th of 2009...

Funny ?  odds or a very heavy ball :)

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2011, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Oh you poor young pups, if picking the right numbers were THAT easy: if you could base everything off mathamatical odds it would be hit EVERY draw.

But guess what?

It isn't.

#28 may hit soon, and you will say 'AHA!', but the problem after that is: so what? What about the white balls? Don't the five oldest numbers have the BEST chance of hitting next?  Using your theory they do. But they won't hit.

So, based on that, everyone play on 4/9:     8-16-25-35-44 and PB 28.

I think ONE of those will hit in the next two games.

Awhile back, when I was spending about 20 hours a week gathering statistics,  three of the five 'oldest' numbers hit. That is as close as I have come to seeing that, and those three that hit were not ALL the three oldest numbers. I think it was the 5th, 4th and oldest number itself.  One of the other numbers was like the 10th oldest, and another one had not hit in I think nine games. Nobody hit that one, I had 4X5.

NY
            United States
            Member #54513
            August 21, 2007
            6371 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2011, 3:11 am - IP Logged

Mathematically every RED powerball # should hit about once in every 39 Drawings on Average since there are 39 RED Powerball #'s to choose from ( 1 - 39) .

Math can only tell you the frequency a number shows up in the drawings that counts,(the ones that shown on TV).  For #28 that's zero and that's how often you should expect to see it in that drawing.   It probably does show up in the test drawings but they don't count.

Ok thanks!

NY
              United States
              Member #54513
              August 21, 2007
              6371 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2011, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Oh you poor young pups, if picking the right numbers were THAT easy: if you could base everything off mathamatical odds it would be hit EVERY draw.

But guess what?

It isn't.

#28 may hit soon, and you will say 'AHA!', but the problem after that is: so what? What about the white balls? Don't the five oldest numbers have the BEST chance of hitting next?  Using your theory they do. But they won't hit.

So, based on that, everyone play on 4/9:     8-16-25-35-44 and PB 28.

I think ONE of those will hit in the next two games.

Awhile back, when I was spending about 20 hours a week gathering statistics,  three of the five 'oldest' numbers hit. That is as close as I have come to seeing that, and those three that hit were not ALL the three oldest numbers. I think it was the 5th, 4th and oldest number itself.  One of the other numbers was like the 10th oldest, and another one had not hit in I think nine games. Nobody hit that one, I had 4X5.

Thanks I will play these #'s in one game today. (8-16-25-35-44 and PB 28.)

If Powerball 28 still doesnt hit as the Red Ball tonight i'll continue to play it in future drawings until it does.

I assume that when you say "oldest", you mean the five white ball numbers that are out the longest right?

NY
                United States
                Member #54513
                August 21, 2007
                6371 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2011, 3:26 am - IP Logged

My favorite White Ball guesses to mix with PB 28 would be

" 35,  28,  20,  11,  12,  19,  55,  48,  04,  32,  42."

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I tried preaching this years ago, folks told me I was all wet.

You need a mix of numbers new(er) and old.

Just TRACK the numbers that hit: how long has it been since they hit last?

THAT is the key to picking numbers.

5-8-11-12-14

1-5-5-7-19

2-3-7-27-54

10-12-21-24-30

1-3-7-8-15

2-4-15-21-29

Notice a trend?

Those are not numbers, those are positions - how long it had been since each of the numbers that hit hit last.

Do NOT pick numbers, pick POSITIONS, and whatever number is in them, you play.

Why?

Because whatever you are doing now obviously is not working, that's why.

And this is only part of the equation.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #54513
                    August 21, 2007
                    6371 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:08 am - IP Logged

April 20th PB Result

9,  24,  34,  36,  43.   PB 27

THat was close powerball 28 was one digit off for the APril 20th Draw as Powerball 27 came up instead

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                      The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95881
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2011, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I tried preaching this years ago, folks told me I was all wet.

You need a mix of numbers new(er) and old.

Just TRACK the numbers that hit: how long has it been since they hit last?

THAT is the key to picking numbers.

5-8-11-12-14

1-5-5-7-19

2-3-7-27-54

10-12-21-24-30

1-3-7-8-15

2-4-15-21-29

Notice a trend?

Those are not numbers, those are positions - how long it had been since each of the numbers that hit hit last.

Do NOT pick numbers, pick POSITIONS, and whatever number is in them, you play.

Why?

Because whatever you are doing now obviously is not working, that's why.

And this is only part of the equation.

That pretty much sums up the way I pick #'s.

I keep track of all online games in my state & PowerBall. I always pick a mixture of  far out #'s plus recent #s as well. For example, Its very rare that all #s drawn, will come from digits that are 15-20 draws out. Its going to be a mixture. I also play by patterns or "positions".

Good luck to you all

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2011, 12:02 am - IP Logged

That pretty much sums up the way I pick #'s.

I keep track of all online games in my state & PowerBall. I always pick a mixture of  far out #'s plus recent #s as well. For example, Its very rare that all #s drawn, will come from digits that are 15-20 draws out. Its going to be a mixture. I also play by patterns or "positions".

Good luck to you all

Don't forget the 1-29/30-59 split, or how many odd/even numbers you pick.

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: April 24, 2011, 12:04 am - IP Logged

April 20th PB Result

9,  24,  34,  36,  43.   PB 27

THat was close powerball 28 was one digit off for the APril 20th Draw as Powerball 27 came up instead

'close' in gaming means absolutely nothing.

I have hit all 5 WB's, I missed the RB. I had a choice of 4 numbers, the one that hit was in that pool of 4 numbers, I did not choose it.

Yes, hindsight is perfect, but I have a budget to work with, life goes on.

GTO-1965's avatar - metheboyz
                            Ft Wright KY
                            United States
                            Member #102932
                            December 28, 2010
                            93 Posts
                            Posted: April 25, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks guesser .. I think each time you post I learn something new I hadnt looked at ....Embarassed

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2011, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Thanks guesser .. I think each time you post I learn something new I hadnt looked at ....Embarassed

Another thing I have noticed more of lately is numbers of the same 'suit' - I define as 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-59 - usually two numbers from one suit hit, and those suits rotate - and lately the numbers that hit have been close as opposed to far apart.

The last few games have rendered:

47-48

34-36

44-45

49-50

53-56

55-56

43-45

56-58

10-11-*19

26-28

39-40

1-4

You notice anything above?

You don't see a WIDE spread of numbers, we saw 47-48, not 41-48, we saw 34-36, not 31-37, we saw 44-45, not 42-49, and so on. All things to consider.

Page 1 of 16