Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:09 am
You last visited July 30, 2014, 9:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto, Scratch Tickets - Rolls Purchased & Questions

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by omiller315.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Massachusetts
United States
Member #111958
June 6, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2011, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member - just signed up last night - and I have a few questions and some sharing.  First I want to thank this web site for existing.  What a wonderful resource and from what I can gather from the posts I have read - what nice people too.  Kudos!

I have owned Gail Howard's system for a few years and have had decent results but it took me a while to narrow my chosen numbers down to less than all of them.  I have never won more than a few hundred on a Pick 5 game but it was such a nice feeling and it proved to me that the system can and does work. 

Unfortunately for me Gail's program no longer runs on my 64-Bit version of Microsoft.  I am thinking of becoming a Premium Member but before I do I have some questions I am hoping you can help me with. 

1. Is it possible to predict numbers using Gail's book but without the software?

2. How many people on this site have won more than a few thousand dollars by using the advice / steps contained herein and in Gail's book?

3. Do scratch off tickets bring better odds than a lottery ticket? 

Over the weekend I spent $2,000 on a roll of $20 scratch tickets.  I won $1,260.  I rolled the winnings and added the difference to purchase another roll.  On the second roll I won $1,300.  My strategy has been to track the towns and stores that sell the winning tickets off of the state lotto web site.  I put them into an excel spreadsheet and sorted by volume.  The towns that sell the most winning tickets are where I tend to buy my tickets however I avoid the stores that have already sold a big winner.  My logic is if the lottery is truly random the odds of the same store selling more than one grand prize is low. 

I buy the $20 tickets because the prize is structured now at 150 prizes of 1 Million (with 76 claimed) and 10 prizes of 10 Million (with 5 claimed) The tickets have been out since 2008 and the # of tickets printed is just over 65 Million. 

In tracking the results I have noticed that the majority of tickets sold are on 'Main Street' in the given town.  I have also noticed that the store that sells the most scratch tickets in the state is #6 out of the top 10 winning ticket sellers.  The #2 winning ticket selling town is the same town the State Treasurer (lotto commis) man lives in.  Coincidence?

My questions are....

1. Does it make sense to buy the lottery tickets at high traffic sellers?  I am struggling with the theory that if a high traffic store has already sold a winning ticket wouldn't the business decrease because the likelihood of their receiving another big winner decreases substantially?  Personally, I avoid places that have already sold a large scratch winner. 

2. Is the ticket distribution totally random?  I know the printing of the tickets is controlled so that each roll has a certain # of winners but what about the distribution of the tickets?  Lower income towns have the highest percentage of selling winning tickets.  Is it because of the demographic or because they sell so many tickets that they turn them over faster? 

3.  Is it possible to find out how many of a certain scratch ticket game have been sold?  If this game has been out since 2008, with 65+ million tickets and already half the grand prize winnings claimed - then does it stand that there are now less than 32 Million tickets left? 

4.  Do you think I can ask any more questions?

Thank you so much for any attention you give my long winded post.  I truly appreciate any insight you can share with me.  As I move forward in my lotto journey I will be happy to share with you any thing that I think you may find of value. 

Thanks again and be well - Zippy

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    5223 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2011, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member - just signed up last night - and I have a few questions and some sharing.  First I want to thank this web site for existing.  What a wonderful resource and from what I can gather from the posts I have read - what nice people too.  Kudos!

I have owned Gail Howard's system for a few years and have had decent results but it took me a while to narrow my chosen numbers down to less than all of them.  I have never won more than a few hundred on a Pick 5 game but it was such a nice feeling and it proved to me that the system can and does work. 

Unfortunately for me Gail's program no longer runs on my 64-Bit version of Microsoft.  I am thinking of becoming a Premium Member but before I do I have some questions I am hoping you can help me with. 

1. Is it possible to predict numbers using Gail's book but without the software?

2. How many people on this site have won more than a few thousand dollars by using the advice / steps contained herein and in Gail's book?

Over the weekend I spent $2,000 on a roll of $20 scratch tickets.  I won $1,260.  I rolled the winnings and added the difference to purchase another roll.  On the second roll I won $1,300.  My strategy has been to track the towns and stores that sell the winning tickets off of the state lotto web site.  I put them into an excel spreadsheet and sorted by volume.  The towns that sell the most winning tickets are where I tend to buy my tickets however I avoid the stores that have already sold a big winner.  My logic is if the lottery is truly random the odds of the same store selling more than one grand prize is low. 

I buy the $20 tickets because the prize is structured now at 150 prizes of 1 Million (with 76 claimed) and 10 prizes of 10 Million (with 5 claimed) The tickets have been out since 2008 and the # of tickets printed is just over 65 Million. 

In tracking the results I have noticed that the majority of tickets sold are on 'Main Street' in the given town.  I have also noticed that the store that sells the most scratch tickets in the state is #6 out of the top 10 winning ticket sellers.  The #2 winning ticket selling town is the same town the State Treasurer (lotto commis) man lives in.  Coincidence?

My questions are....

1. Does it make sense to buy the lottery tickets at high traffic sellers?  I am struggling with the theory that if a high traffic store has already sold a winning ticket wouldn't the business decrease because the likelihood of their receiving another big winner decreases substantially?  Personally, I avoid places that have already sold a large scratch winner. 

2. Is the ticket distribution totally random?  I know the printing of the tickets is controlled so that each roll has a certain # of winners but what about the distribution of the tickets?  Lower income towns have the highest percentage of selling winning tickets.  Is it because of the demographic or because they sell so many tickets that they turn them over faster? 

3.  Is it possible to find out how many of a certain scratch ticket game have been sold?  If this game has been out since 2008, with 65+ million tickets and already half the grand prize winnings claimed - then does it stand that there are now less than 32 Million tickets left? 

Thank you so much for any attention you give my long winded post.  I truly appreciate any insight you can share with me.  As I move forward in my lotto journey I will be happy to share with you any thing that I think you may find of value. 

Hello Zippy; and welcome to the LP...... you might want to post your question about Scratch Off on the "Instant Scratch of Games Forum".

There are a lot of Scratch-of Gurus that will answer your question, like B$Rizzle, MattfromPA, dr65, James1, Spin & Win$500.....

Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #111958
      June 6, 2011
      22 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2011, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Hello Zippy; and welcome to the LP...... you might want to post your question about Scratch Off on the "Instant Scratch of Games Forum".

There are a lot of Scratch-of Gurus that will answer your question, like B$Rizzle, MattfromPA, dr65, James1, Spin & Win$500.....

Hi There,

Will do and thank you!  Do you have any thoughts on my other questions regarding the lotto predictions w/o Gails software and just the book?  Thank you again for your reply and your time.

Be well - Zippy

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        17937 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2011, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

My questions are....

Breathe new life into your Gail Howard Software with DosBox:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/230109/2018559

http://www.lotterypost.com/search/forums?q=dosbox&t=all

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2011, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi Zippy,

Welcome to Lottery Post!

You're in the right place for anything lottery related cuz it don't get no better than this.

Check out all the Forums and everything on that blue bar up top, right.

Search will take you to anything you want and don't see.

And don't forget to try out the LP Quick Pick Generator - I won $450.00 with numbers from it on Mega Millions just 2 weeks ago.

Best of luck to you Zippy! LepYes NodThumbs Up  <-------- BTW, those 3 figures when placed together are known as the Triple Whammy. Some say that if you concentrate on them and chant my name, they will bestow incredibly good luck upon you for the next drawing. Whether this legend will hold true for you or not I can't say because the whole thing is a canard. But it's worth a try, right?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #111958
            June 6, 2011
            22 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2011, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi Zippy,

Welcome to Lottery Post!

You're in the right place for anything lottery related cuz it don't get no better than this.

Check out all the Forums and everything on that blue bar up top, right.

Search will take you to anything you want and don't see.

And don't forget to try out the LP Quick Pick Generator - I won $450.00 with numbers from it on Mega Millions just 2 weeks ago.

Best of luck to you Zippy! LepYes NodThumbs Up  <-------- BTW, those 3 figures when placed together are known as the Triple Whammy. Some say that if you concentrate on them and chant my name, they will bestow incredibly good luck upon you for the next drawing. Whether this legend will hold true for you or not I can't say because the whole thing is a canard. But it's worth a try, right?

Hi There,

Thank you for the tip.  I downloaded Dosbox but am unable to mount the program as it won't read my backslash key.  I tried a few alternative possibilities but it is too technical for me and I don't want to mess around with my system too much.  My entire life is on my pc. 

Has anyone had any luck by just using Gail's book? 

Thank you all for your responses and your time. 

Be well - Zippy

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #104438
              January 14, 2011
              2175 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2011, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

dam you bought the $2,000 rolls wow..... what kind of winners you get in there any $500s ???

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #111958
                June 6, 2011
                22 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2011, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

dam you bought the $2,000 rolls wow..... what kind of winners you get in there any $500s ???

Sadly no, I didn't.  The largest single prize was $200.00.  The initial $2,000 (100 $20 tickets) brought me $1260.  I rolled that over and added the difference for another roll.  That roll produced $1,300 with the largest single prize being a few $100.00 tickets.  The rest was all $20, $10 x 4 or $10 x 5, $25 or a $20 x 5. 

The Billion Dollar Blockbuster is supposed to have the best odds of any scratch in MA but out of 200 tickets I didn't see much action on the large prize front.  It was kind of an experiment.  I still have the $1300 in winnings and am contemplating rolling the dice again on another roll.  But....I am kind of scared at the same time.  That's a lot of money to be throwing around (or throwing away).

MA
                  United States
                  Member #112126
                  June 11, 2011
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2011, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

I play the billion dollar bonanza game too.  I can tell u its an absolute waste to play an entire roll unless u really got some money to throw around because the median return will be 1235 dollars.  You are better off waiting for the 20-30-40 tickets on a roll to sell and if u know there are no big hits then start buying some.  But even then u would want to buy one at a time cuz if u hit a 500 or a thousand or something then u would wanna stop there.  dont worry about where the mille winners are being sold because it actually is random but rolls u will lose real fast because the roll is designed to return around 62 percent on average even though they tell u 98 percent because that number accounts for the grand prizes. 

the lottos are designed to return at minimum 54 percent i know for at least the massachusetts rolls so you can go off of that it will return 1080 dollars at absolute minimum.  So basically if u could determine that the first 30-40 tickets were returning way below 54 percent you would want to buy and would be more likely ot win.  I won a 200 and a 1000 following this strategy on the bonanza game last week spending about 400 dollars.

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #111958
                    June 6, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I play the billion dollar bonanza game too.  I can tell u its an absolute waste to play an entire roll unless u really got some money to throw around because the median return will be 1235 dollars.  You are better off waiting for the 20-30-40 tickets on a roll to sell and if u know there are no big hits then start buying some.  But even then u would want to buy one at a time cuz if u hit a 500 or a thousand or something then u would wanna stop there.  dont worry about where the mille winners are being sold because it actually is random but rolls u will lose real fast because the roll is designed to return around 62 percent on average even though they tell u 98 percent because that number accounts for the grand prizes. 

the lottos are designed to return at minimum 54 percent i know for at least the massachusetts rolls so you can go off of that it will return 1080 dollars at absolute minimum.  So basically if u could determine that the first 30-40 tickets were returning way below 54 percent you would want to buy and would be more likely ot win.  I won a 200 and a 1000 following this strategy on the bonanza game last week spending about 400 dollars.

Congrats on the winnings!

Great advice, thank you for sharing.

How do you know if the tickets sold on the roll were hits or not - does asking the cashier produce honest results?  I ask because I asked a cashier if they had ever sold a winner and he had no clue. Also , when I buy my tickets I never scratch at the store so how would the cashier ever know if I won anything smaller than the big prizes?

I was shocked that my roll produced such a low amount. I thought for sure I would
                    win at least 1500 back! What you said about the median is spot on. Bummer.

MA
                      United States
                      Member #112126
                      June 11, 2011
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: June 21, 2011, 6:35 am - IP Logged

Im not gunna lie im pretty nerdy at all this stuff and I have ran things past a few statisticians and they confirm that you realistically could make money or at least increase your payouts with the information provided.  I am lucky enough that I know the clerk well enough and he knows I am a high spending customer.  He isnt there all the time but usually he will hear if someone got a 200 or 500 or 1000 or something in the earlier shifts. 

If I were you this is what I would do, which is not the best way but certainly better than buying a whole roll and I have used it with great success to break even or do better all the time.  You need to start a new roll, unless you see someone else starting a new role and losing.  So say you start the new roll, play ONE ticket at a time.  It sounds like you have a lot of money to spend so I would go up to about 10 tickets unless you already got at least a 100 winner on the first 10 tickets.  So at this point you have spent 200 dollars.  So you know this roll must pay out 54 percent.  Basically if the payout on your first 10 tickets was well below 54 percent, the roll is due to payout.  At this point you would keep playing tickets one at a time.  You play one at a time in case you get a big winner because its pointless to play another ticket after that.  At about 15-20 tickets into the roll you can get a good sense of how this roll is.  If the payout is 60 percent or better, you probably should just leave, because it is extremely unlikely that there is a big winner.  However, if the payout is like 20 percent or 25 percent, you can be pretty sure that a big winner is coming up.  This is because no matter what the roll must reach that 54 percent at very minimum.  So basically if your looking at the roll paying out way less than minimum return, you can be fairly certain there is a significant winner coming up. 

Keep playing the billion dollar bonanza game, and let me know how it goes!

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #111958
                        June 6, 2011
                        22 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Im not gunna lie im pretty nerdy at all this stuff and I have ran things past a few statisticians and they confirm that you realistically could make money or at least increase your payouts with the information provided.  I am lucky enough that I know the clerk well enough and he knows I am a high spending customer.  He isnt there all the time but usually he will hear if someone got a 200 or 500 or 1000 or something in the earlier shifts. 

If I were you this is what I would do, which is not the best way but certainly better than buying a whole roll and I have used it with great success to break even or do better all the time.  You need to start a new roll, unless you see someone else starting a new role and losing.  So say you start the new roll, play ONE ticket at a time.  It sounds like you have a lot of money to spend so I would go up to about 10 tickets unless you already got at least a 100 winner on the first 10 tickets.  So at this point you have spent 200 dollars.  So you know this roll must pay out 54 percent.  Basically if the payout on your first 10 tickets was well below 54 percent, the roll is due to payout.  At this point you would keep playing tickets one at a time.  You play one at a time in case you get a big winner because its pointless to play another ticket after that.  At about 15-20 tickets into the roll you can get a good sense of how this roll is.  If the payout is 60 percent or better, you probably should just leave, because it is extremely unlikely that there is a big winner.  However, if the payout is like 20 percent or 25 percent, you can be pretty sure that a big winner is coming up.  This is because no matter what the roll must reach that 54 percent at very minimum.  So basically if your looking at the roll paying out way less than minimum return, you can be fairly certain there is a significant winner coming up. 

Thank you!  This is a great strategy.  Do you find it easy to get the clerks to open a new roll for you?  The few times I have asked for them to start a new roll they won't do it.  Or worse - they don't even have access to the rolls.  One clerk told me the owner keeps the rolls locked away int he back room and no one has access.  Obviously I wouldn't play there but it seems most places won't open a new roll for me.  Have you ever found this?

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #109279
                          April 9, 2011
                          1216 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2011, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Good strategy. I wish PA would have minimum roll returns. It is all hit or miss here :(