Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:53 am
You last visited November 23, 2014, 12:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Am A Lottery Winner In My Imagination Whenever I Buy One Ticket

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by karinda.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
THRIFTY's avatar - darth vader-face.jpeg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90537
April 29, 2010
3339 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2011, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I WIN THE LOTTERY IN MY IMAGINATION WHENEVER I BUY ONE TICKET

I FORM MENTAL IMAGES OF WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT ONLY WHEN I BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET.I CANNOT IMAGINE, PICTURE, VISUALIZE MYSELF A LOTTERY WINNER IF I DO NOT BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    egg harbor twp.south jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112972
    June 29, 2011
    3217 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2011, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I FORM MENTAL IMAGES OF WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT ONLY WHEN I BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET.I CANNOT IMAGINE, PICTURE, VISUALIZE MYSELF A LOTTERY WINNER IF I DO NOT BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET.

positive thinking,need to be more aware of that, buying tickets has become so routine,that i do it w/out thinking.thanks

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Listens to the wind
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      20339 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2011, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Nothing wrong with that, I hope you hit a jackpot.

There's only one US Flag

rukiafae's avatar - box
        NC
        United States
        Member #100194
        November 7, 2010
        125 Posts
        Posted: July 22, 2011, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

whether we realize it or not, we all do. else why would we buy the ticket to begin with? LOL

dollar and a dream, right?

As for me and mr.rukia ... we have our home picked out, the kids schools picked out, and furniture too! LOL what can i say... we dream BIG! :P

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          5482 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2011, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

That's the spirit THRIFTY.....Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2011, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I FORM MENTAL IMAGES OF YOU GIVING ME HALF OF THE JACKPOT WHEN YOU BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET. I CANNOT IMAGINE, PICTURE, VISUALIZE YOU A LOTTERY WINNER IF YOU DO NOT SPLIT THE POT WITH ME.

White Bounce      White Bounce

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Listens to the wind
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              20339 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2011, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I FORM MENTAL IMAGES OF YOU GIVING ME HALF OF THE JACKPOT WHEN YOU BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET. I CANNOT IMAGINE, PICTURE, VISUALIZE YOU A LOTTERY WINNER IF YOU DO NOT SPLIT THE POT WITH ME.

White Bounce      White Bounce

Must be why I visualize you forking some loot over to me after you get a cut from thrifty, see we can all be winners.

There's only one US Flag

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #108449
                March 25, 2011
                2855 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2011, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for this message and the beautiful image of the dollar.

It the little things that matter most, and a detail that I never picture

in my mind's eye.

Blessings,

Karinda

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2011, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Must be why I visualize you forking some loot over to me after you get a cut from thrifty, see we can all be winners.

Did'ja hear that THRIFTY? Three way split now. We'll come to NY to pick up our shares and then we'll all go to Rosie's house and git drunk.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                    Northern Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #83350
                    December 5, 2009
                    1234 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Good luck. Back in 2004, I had a dream that my birthday won the New York lottery on New Year's Day (but in real life, that's never happened as far as I know).

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

THRIFTY's avatar - darth vader-face.jpeg
                      NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90537
                      April 29, 2010
                      3339 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2011, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for this message and the beautiful image of the dollar.

It the little things that matter most, and a detail that I never picture

in my mind's eye.

Blessings,

Karinda

The key to winning any lottery is just to be a player.I buy one lottery ticket whenever i feel like playing, i used to buy multiple tickets, but i do not anymore since most of the jackpots in new york are won in long island.That is why i stopped playing ny lotto, sweet million and take 5.I do not see the poor neighborhoods winning too many jackpots.I only play mega millions and powerball.I wonder why other players only play mega millions and powerball too.By the way i saw the same pattern with powerball and mega millions, i decided to buy one ticket when the jackpot is very high.Most lotteries think that they will make more money by increasing the ticket cost, but they have to offer higher starting jackpots and better odds to get what they want.The jackpot has to roll faster.POWERBALL  will cost $2 per ticket next year, and i will continue to buy one ticket whenever the jackpot reaches $100 millions.The powerball jackpot will roll to $100 millions faster because of the new ticket cost of $2.There is no doubt that more players will win second prizes of $1 million and the jackpot.Powerball will try to change the game matrix when they see more winners.When you increase the ticket cost to a level that players can't afford, and they are not winning THEY WILL STOP PLAYING OR PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR LESS MONEY WHICH REALLY HURTS THE LOTTERY BOTTOM LINE (SALES).

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/234478

"In New York, the state lottery is fighting to keep its in-state games competitive with its multi-state offerings.

Sales for the multi-state Mega Millions and Powerball lottery games soared 21 percent and 14 percent, respectively, in the first six months of the year compared to the same period in 2010, according to the state Lottery Division.  Sales are up $60 million for the two games.

But the fortunes for Lotto, launched in 1978, and Sweet Million, started in 2009, have been poor.  Sales for Lotto are down $11.5 million, or 15 percent, between January and June as compared with the same period last year, while Sweet Million is down $5.4 million, or 21 percent.

Lottery Director Gordon Medenica said traditional lottery games aren't as appealing to players as they once were because of the lower prize payouts.  Also, the lottery has scaled back its promotions of the games due to the drop off in sales.

"I think players over time have come to realize that the winning experience isn't as rich in Lotto as it is in Mega (Millions), Powerball or any of other draw games," he said."

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #108449
                        March 25, 2011
                        2855 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

The key to winning any lottery is just to be a player.I buy one lottery ticket whenever i feel like playing, i used to buy multiple tickets, but i do not anymore since most of the jackpots in new york are won in long island.That is why i stopped playing ny lotto, sweet million and take 5.I do not see the poor neighborhoods winning too many jackpots.I only play mega millions and powerball.I wonder why other players only play mega millions and powerball too.By the way i saw the same pattern with powerball and mega millions, i decided to buy one ticket when the jackpot is very high.Most lotteries think that they will make more money by increasing the ticket cost, but they have to offer higher starting jackpots and better odds to get what they want.The jackpot has to roll faster.POWERBALL  will cost $2 per ticket next year, and i will continue to buy one ticket whenever the jackpot reaches $100 millions.The powerball jackpot will roll to $100 millions faster because of the new ticket cost of $2.There is no doubt that more players will win second prizes of $1 million and the jackpot.Powerball will try to change the game matrix when they see more winners.When you increase the ticket cost to a level that players can't afford, and they are not winning THEY WILL STOP PLAYING OR PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR LESS MONEY WHICH REALLY HURTS THE LOTTERY BOTTOM LINE (SALES).

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/234478

"In New York, the state lottery is fighting to keep its in-state games competitive with its multi-state offerings.

Sales for the multi-state Mega Millions and Powerball lottery games soared 21 percent and 14 percent, respectively, in the first six months of the year compared to the same period in 2010, according to the state Lottery Division.  Sales are up $60 million for the two games.

But the fortunes for Lotto, launched in 1978, and Sweet Million, started in 2009, have been poor.  Sales for Lotto are down $11.5 million, or 15 percent, between January and June as compared with the same period last year, while Sweet Million is down $5.4 million, or 21 percent.

Lottery Director Gordon Medenica said traditional lottery games aren't as appealing to players as they once were because of the lower prize payouts.  Also, the lottery has scaled back its promotions of the games due to the drop off in sales.

"I think players over time have come to realize that the winning experience isn't as rich in Lotto as it is in Mega (Millions), Powerball or any of other draw games," he said."

Hi Thrifty,

Thanks for a very informative post and for the link to the article about the New York lottery. I know that the big games have hurt the sales of the in State games, but what I l don't understand is why.  [I finally got a chance to respond and now there's an electrical storm and I can't finish writing. This is so funny because when I bought my Powerball ticket last week there was lightening when I left the store. I wasn't exacly thrilled at that moment when I thought about what the statistics say.] LOL Gotta go!