Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:34 pm
You last visited October 21, 2014, 5:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will debt ceiling be increased?

Topic closed. 260 replies. Last post 3 years ago by joker17.

Page 1 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

Will the U.S debt ceiling be increased?

YES [ 43 ]  [84.31%]
NO [ 8 ]  [15.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
taxijohn's avatar - odometer444
Dutchess County, New York
United States
Member #8067
October 22, 2004
3181 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2011, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many of you are with me on this one? I voted yes, it's obvious.

GOD is great, beer is good and people are crazy! Crazy

"I don't look for the numbers, the numbers look for and sometimes find me..."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2011, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

I hope not.

I'd rather see the country go down fighting than surrendering with a whimper to the likes of weasels like obama and harry reid and then see it go down anyway.

They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades.

I say it's time to draw the line - right here and right now.

If they won't stop the reckless spending then we have to force them to.

They should all go to prison for what they've done to this country.

And the fact of the matter is that they'll still have plenty of income to pay all our major obligations anyway. They would just have to cut out all their pet projects and the looniest of all the loony things they spend our borrowed money on.

Screw 'em, we have to live on a budget and so should they.

Let 'em start now.

Just do it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #111190
      May 20, 2011
      344 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

The newsmen say Yes.

They wouldn't lie, right.. LOL

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Listens to the wind
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        19927 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I hope not.

I'd rather see the country go down fighting than surrendering with a whimper to the likes of weasels like obama and harry reid and then see it go down anyway.

They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades.

And the fact of the matter is that they'll still have plenty of income to pay all our major obligations anyway. They would just have to cut out all their pet projects and the looniest of all the loony things they spend our borrowed money on.

Let 'em start now.

Just do it.

well said,

There's only one US Flag

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Goal. $1,500 a week.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90253
          April 24, 2010
          2487 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I hope not.

Let 'em start now.

Just do it.

If they started living on the budget $13 trillion ago we wouldn't be in this mess.

Now if they all go to prison, OUR tax $$$ will be paying for their 3 hots and a cot. Do we really want to pay for their room and board after the mess they put the country in? The best thing to do would be to vote them all  out in the next election. Lets start over with some new blood, people who don't owe every one and their uncle for favors, and votes for pork barrel projects. And if the new ones can't do the job vote them out too.

And for Gods sake enough of all the partisanship, every time someone has a good idea to improve things, the other guys vote it down because they didn't think of it first. Lets put the U.S.A. and ITS people first for a change. Lets take care of US for once, no one else is going to.

"You can observe a lot just by watching."  Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
            Clarksville
            United States
            Member #487
            July 15, 2002
            17638 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

If the folks making all of the money would agree to a tax increase (small one)and then they do the cuts, I don't see the problem.  The main problem I see is that they only want to CUT programs that affect the middle and lower classes of people and the rich people and corporations just keep getting richer.  70% of Americans believe that the rich should have a tax increase but who are they?  They are the ones who will suffer from the tax cuts.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
              Member #69169
              January 5, 2009
              2084 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Those TeaBaggers want to take this country down! I hope they loose their seats in the next election!!

"Many Strategies|One Game"

Goal. $1,500 a week.
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90253
                April 24, 2010
                2487 Posts
                Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Those TeaBaggers want to take this country down! I hope they loose their seats in the next election!!

That is totally up to YOU and ME. If WE vote against them, out they go!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching."  Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

United States
                  Member #69169
                  January 5, 2009
                  2084 Posts
                  Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

That is totally up to YOU and ME. If WE vote against them, out they go!!

Right now they are signing their death certificates. People are now realizing how irresponsible and ideology driven they are.Evil Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

LOL You're apparently no better at politics than you are at your goofy number systems, jordan.

And what do you mean you hope they "loose" their seats? Take some screws out of them? LOL

You really need a new hobby more suited to your intellect, jor-jor.

How about digging ditches?

How about digging a nice big ditch and having someone take your picture down there when you finish, ok? With a nice big smile! 

Let us know when you're done, ok?

We wanna see the picture.

See ya in a couple weeks!

United States
                      Member #69169
                      January 5, 2009
                      2084 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

LOL You're apparently no better at politics than you are at your goofy number systems, jordan.

And what do you mean you hope they "loose" their seats? Take some screws out of them? LOL

You really need a new hobby more suited to your intellect, jor-jor.

How about digging ditches?

How about digging a nice big ditch and having someone take your picture down there when you finish, ok? With a nice big smile! 

Let us know when you're done, ok?

We wanna see the picture.

See ya in a couple weeks!

Stay classy rdgrnr!! Dont get so mad and say such terrible things, Karma is a....Cool

Goal. $1,500 a week.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90253
                        April 24, 2010
                        2487 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

If the folks making all of the money would agree to a tax increase (small one)and then they do the cuts, I don't see the problem.  The main problem I see is that they only want to CUT programs that affect the middle and lower classes of people and the rich people and corporations just keep getting richer.  70% of Americans believe that the rich should have a tax increase but who are they?  They are the ones who will suffer from the tax cuts.

The rich people and corps. contribute  the most $$$ to the politicians, so they get taken care of first. If I had $500 million, you would say I could afford a tax increase, but that wouldn't mean I would want to pay more. And they don't. But you and I will pay 40% in taxes if we work time and a half at our job.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

"They are the ones who will suffer from the tax cuts."

I think you're getting confused again Little, like you were with the governors.

People don't "suffer" from tax cuts.

People "benefit" from tax cuts.

--Edmund Burke

Goal. $1,500 a week.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90253
                            April 24, 2010
                            2487 Posts
                            Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

"They are the ones who will suffer from the tax cuts."

I think you're getting confused again Little, like you were with the governors.

People don't "suffer" from tax cuts.

People "benefit" from tax cuts.

Depends on the size of the cut. If you save... oh say 40%,  you would benefit big time. If you save  .04%, well whooptie doo.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

The rich people and corps. contribute  the most $$$ to the politicians, so they get taken care of first. If I had $500 million, you would say I could afford a tax increase, but that wouldn't mean I would want to pay more. And they don't. But you and I will pay 40% in taxes if we work time and a half at our job.

That's right gr, GE contributes big bucks to obama and the CEO, Immelt, is obama's golfing buddy and close friend and confidante.

GE pays nothing in taxes. NOTHING. Why? Because they give HUGE contributions to obama's campaign fund.

You're right, we gotta vote him out of there.

--Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 18