Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:43 pm
You last visited July 24, 2014, 1:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virginia Lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 3 years ago by VAHopeful.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
SooPretty's avatar - WINGS

United States
Member #53
December 14, 2001
133 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2011, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange how Va keeps letting the same numbers come out. they took it off tv so no one could see the numbers that were drawn. what do you think? i also think they don't put all the balls in 0-9.

happygirl665's avatar - hi
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    United States
    Member #113692
    July 14, 2011
    15808 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2011, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange how Va keeps letting the same numbers come out. they took it off tv so no one could see the numbers that were drawn. what do you think? i also think they don't put all the balls in 0-9.

Please don't get  me started on Va. I find it strange that only certain people on LP can get a straight hit period and for some reason don't want to tell anyone what the secret is. If I was you SooPretty find a different state to play and trust me, I live in this state and have decided a few days ago to play a different one from all the loses I seem to get day after day.

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

increase's avatar - Gift money.jpg
      VA
      United States
      Member #54828
      August 31, 2007
      30886 Posts
      Posted: October 27, 2011, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Even though we can watch the drawing online, we have no idea when the drawing really took place.  We also have no idea if the video has been edited, etc.

I think VA Lottery draws the numbers that pay the least. 

For instance, if the payout for 111 is $3 Million then you better believe that we will see a number that pays less.

We get a lot of repeats.  It's very disheartening. Seriously, before they took the drawings off TV, it would be months before we would see a repeat.  It's called robbery. They took the drawings off TV so they could pull whatever they want.

I have to agree with Happygirl, please don't get me started about the VA Lottery. What they are doing is totally ridiculous and has to be illegal. Most definitely...unethical.

I am a millionaire!

SooPretty's avatar - WINGS

United States
        Member #53
        December 14, 2001
        133 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2011, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Thank You! I am glad i am not alone in thinking this

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          7822 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2011, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

The live drawings are on done on the VA website 

http://www.valottery.com/pick3/last_20.asp

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            shirbird's avatar - oliana
            spout spring va.
            United States
            Member #73235
            April 9, 2009
            1294 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2011, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

i agree with they let the number with less money fall if im not wrong about 2 or 3 weeks before they took the balls off they call one number and the balls showed another!!!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              17937 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2011, 6:07 am - IP Logged

i agree with they let the number with less money fall if im not wrong about 2 or 3 weeks before they took the balls off they call one number and the balls showed another!!!!

LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2011, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I think everybody gets suspicious at one time or another due to the frustration of losing but I trust the Va Lottery and their real ball drawings. That's just the reality of it, that the overwhelming majority of players are going to lose almost all of the time. It wouldn't work any other way.

What I don't trust is computer generated, fake  "drawings" like Tennessee has. You can catch people manipulating real ball drawings but computers can be programmed to do things and cover their tracks where no one would ever know.

That's why so many Tennesseans travel to neighboring states like Virginia to play the lottery.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1200 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2011, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Even though we can watch the drawing online, we have no idea when the drawing really took place.  We also have no idea if the video has been edited, etc.

I think VA Lottery draws the numbers that pay the least. 

For instance, if the payout for 111 is $3 Million then you better believe that we will see a number that pays less.

We get a lot of repeats.  It's very disheartening. Seriously, before they took the drawings off TV, it would be months before we would see a repeat.  It's called robbery. They took the drawings off TV so they could pull whatever they want.

I have to agree with Happygirl, please don't get me started about the VA Lottery. What they are doing is totally ridiculous and has to be illegal. Most definitely...unethical.

Since all lotteries will have their anomalies, I am not going to lean one way or the other on the honesty of the Virginia Lottery drawings. However, for a while, 777 was the second least recent winner, going without winning from June 10, 2002 to April 19, 2010. One day, a friend and I played the Pick 3. My friend played 777, and they drew 776.

The Virginia Lottery has drawn 966 nine times in the past 18 months, but 669 has won only five times in the history of the game (about 12,800 drawings)! Another interesting one: if your birthday is August 16, your birthday (month first) has won the Pick-4 more often than the Pick-3!

On 11-14-2010, Virginia drew its least recent winner, 689. This left the current least recent winner, 548, as the least recent winner. On 11-14-2010, every number had come up in the past 5,086 drawings - this is much lower than average. I estimate that the average is between 6000 and 7000 drawings, but it can exceed 8000 (in 2007, for example, Michigan pulled 373 for the first time in about 8400 drawings). Also, at the start of the year, Virginia had only two numbers that had not won midday yet, while Maryland, which has had about the same number of midday drawings, had six.

Speaking of D.C., I used to watch the D.C. Lottery drawings when they pulled balls out of machines, and they had an auditor present when the numbers were being pulled. I was not happy when they replaced the balls with random number generators.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                    Northern Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #83350
                    December 5, 2009
                    1200 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2011, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I discovered that 247 has won 11 times in the Virginia Lottery's history. All 11 of these wins were on two days of the week: Wednesday and Thursday.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

VAHopeful's avatar - winifrid
                      Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #116540
                      September 13, 2011
                      51 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2011, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Actually, VA Lottery broadcasts their drawings to all the VA TV stations free of charge, and your local station could air the drawing if they wanted. VA Lottery no longer pays the stations to air the drawings, that's why the stations stopped airing them. Lobby your local station to start airing it again.

I don't see how watching it on TV could assuage anyone's suspicion that it's a live drawing though. If you don't believe the drawings aired online is live, why would you believe one broadcast on TV is live? How do you know the 6 o'clock, 10 o'clock or 11 o'clock news is a live feed and not taped? Wait, aren't they taped too? I think I read that all TV is taped and "live" feeds are played back at least 3 seconds behind, so if someone has a meltdown, cusses, etc., the network can bleep it or pull it before it gets broadcast. Big Smile