Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:31 pm
You last visited April 17, 2014, 5:29 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery winners that invest their winnings

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #104857
January 21, 2011
159 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2012, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

This might be a dumb question but we constantly hear about lottery winners that lose their winnings but how come we never hear about lottery winners that successfully invested their winnings to make even more money?  Is such a thing even possible?  I know such winners would be incredibly rare if they are and I know investing is not an easy thing.  Though you gotta wonder though if someone managed to use their winnings and successfully earned more millions through proper investment.

Instead of seeing articles about "lottery winners who lost it all", I wanna see an article of "lottery winners who did something smart with their winnings".

Inland Empire
    United States
    Member #118120
    October 22, 2011
    265 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2012, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

This might be a dumb question but we constantly hear about lottery winners that lose their winnings but how come we never hear about lottery winners that successfully invested their winnings to make even more money?  Is such a thing even possible?  I know such winners would be incredibly rare if they are and I know investing is not an easy thing.  Though you gotta wonder though if someone managed to use their winnings and successfully earned more millions through proper investment.

Instead of seeing articles about "lottery winners who lost it all", I wanna see an article of "lottery winners who did something smart with their winnings".

Probably that kind of winners will try their best to stay out of media attention. They may hire some publicists to hide their things.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      egg harbor twp.south jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112972
      June 29, 2011
      3059 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2012, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Probably that kind of winners will try their best to stay out of media attention. They may hire some publicists to hide their things.

makes sense to me, media is not really interested in things that work out well.

its just not sensational enough.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Inland Empire
        United States
        Member #118120
        October 22, 2011
        265 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

makes sense to me, media is not really interested in things that work out well.

its just not sensational enough.

But if the winner has some extraordinary success in investing the principal...

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
          nc
          United States
          Member #99522
          October 26, 2010
          223 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2012, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Brad Duke is an example of what you are asking for.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            egg harbor twp.south jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112972
            June 29, 2011
            3059 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

But if the winner has some extraordinary success in investing the principal...

........they will go unnoticed by the media because its not sensational.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

LottoBoner's avatar - the mad-hatter.jpg
              10/6
              NYC
              United States
              Member #124498
              March 14, 2012
              6732 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

when i win, i will invest my money in cocoa beans, soybeans and orange juice futures!!

(from the jerk and trading places!)Jester Laugh