Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:17 am
You last visited August 21, 2014, 2:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ohio pick5!

Topic closed. 330 replies. Last post 1 year ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
OHIO
United States
Member #5328
June 30, 2004
1284 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2012, 1:30 am - IP Logged

game starts on Sunday..

any tips on how to play this game without any draws?!

have a great winning day!

RetroD2V's avatar - Trek PLANET.gif
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #92313
    June 4, 2010
    2189 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Not sure myself,thinking we will see triples and double doubles alot.

If you have a p4 number add one more to get a p5.

smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
      ohio
      United States
      Member #125203
      March 26, 2012
      1803 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

YESSIR AT retro

OHIO
        United States
        Member #4164
        March 27, 2004
        10795 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

YESSIR AT retro

08/13/2012Evening

Twice Daily

Ways To Win

PICK 5 is here!

Drawings are held daily, seven days a  week, at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., and broadcast statewide. Saturday  evening drawings occur during the Cash Explosion® Double Play television  show, which airs from 7:30pm to 8:00pm.

Wager TypeOdds$0.50 Wager$1.00 Wager
        Straight1 in 100,000Pay $25,000$50,000
        120-Way Box (6 individual straight wagers)1 in 833Pay $208.50$417
        60-Way Box (3 individual straight wagers)1 in 1,667Pay $417$834
        30-Way Box1 in 3,333Pay $834$1,668
        20-Way Box1 in 5,000Pay $1,250$2,500
        10-Way Box1 in 10,000Pay $2,500$5,000
        5-Way Box1 in 20,000Pay $5,000$10,000

Front/Back Boxed Bet:
        Front Four, Back Four, Front Three, Back Three, Front Two, Back Two

To Win MatchOdds$0.50             Wager$1.00             Wager
        First four numbers in exact order1 in 10,000$2,500$5,000
        Last four numbers in exact order1 in 10,000$2,500$5,000
        First three numbers in exact order1 in 1,000$250$500
        Last three numbers in exact order1 in 1,000$250$500
        First two numbers in exact order1 in 100$25$50
        Last two numbers in exact order1 in 100$25$50

How To Play

PICK5 drawings are held daily, seven days a week, at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., and broadcast statewide. Saturday evening drawings occur during the Cash Explosion® Double Play television show, which airs from 7:30pm to 8:00pm.
        When playing PICK 5, there are four types of bets which can be placed: STRAIGHT BET: If the numbers you have chosen are drawn in exact order, you win. Wager amounts are $0.50 and $1.
        BOXED BET: If the numbers you have chosen are drawn in any combination, you win. PICK 5 offers six types of boxed bets:
        • A 120-WAY boxed bet occurs when five (5) different numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) are drawn.
        • A 60-WAY boxed bet occurs when a pair (2) of 1 number and three (3) different numbers (1, 1, 2, 3, 4) are drawn.
        • A 30-WAY boxed bet occurs when two (2) different pairs (2) of numbers and one (1)  different number (1, 1, 2, 2, 3) are drawn.
        • A 20-WAY boxed bet occurs when three (3) of 1 number any two (2) different numbers (1, 1, 1, 2, 3) are drawn.
        • A 10-WAY boxed be occurs when three (3) of 1 number and a pair (2) of a different number (1, 1, 1, 2, 2) are drawn.
        • A 5-WAY boxed bet occurs when four (4) of one numbers and a different number (1, 1, 1, 1, 2) are drawn.
        PAIR BET: A Pair bet means you are wagering the first two, three or four numbers, or the last two, three or four numbers, in exact order. PICK 5 offers six types of pair bets:
        • Front Four - First four different numbers are in exact order (1, 2, 3, 4, X)
        • Back Four - Last four numbers are drawn in exact order (X, 2, 3, 4, 5)
        • Front Three - First three numbers are drawn in exact order (1, 2, 3, X, X)
        • Back Three - Last three numbers are drawn in exact order (X, X, 3, 4, 5)
        • Front Pair - First two numbers are drawn in exact order (1, 2, X, X, X)
        • Back Pair - Last two numbers are drawn in exact order (X, X, X, 4, 5)
        BACK-UP BET: Back-Up bets combine a Straight bet and a Boxed bet on one ticket, and must be placed in $1 increments.

Play it Again

What is “Play it Again”?

The “Play it Again” feature is part of most Ohio Lottery on-line games, including Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Rolling Cash 5, Classic Lotto, KENO and Mega Millions/ MEGAPLIER. A second barcode, printed on each ticket above the game logo, permits a retailer to scan the ticket with the 2D reader and duplicate the exact wager information for the next scheduled drawing.

Why was the “Play it Again” feature added?

“Play it Again” was added as a convenience for players because it eliminates the need for a new bet card. The feature also allows retailers to reproduce a customer's wager by eliminating the need to manually enter the numbers.

How does it work?

Once the added bar code at the top of a ticket is scanned by the 2D reader the terminal will print out the exact wager showing on that ticket. The terminal will show a confirmation screen before printing the wager so the customer can verify the cost of the new wager.

What does it cost?

There is no additional charge for “Play it Again”. The customer pays only the cost of the duplicated ticket.

What about Pick 5 tickets?

“Play it Again” will duplicate the bet type, while offering players a choice of changing the following items:

• Midday or evening draws
        • The number of draws
        • The days of the week

How does “Play it Again” work for the Bundle Play package?

The “Play it Again” feature will work only with the specific game  ticket presented to a retailer.  It will function just like it does for  most online game tickets.  A second barcode, printed on each ticket  above the game logo, permits a retailer to scan the ticket with the 2D  reader and duplicate the exact wager information for the next scheduled  drawing.

How does “Play It Again” work on Bundle Play tickets?

Once the added bar code at the top of any Bundle Play ticket is  scanned by the 2D reader the terminal will print out the exact wager  showing on that ticket.  Using “Play It Again” on a Bundle Play ticket  will only reproduce that game wager.  The entire Bundle Play package  will not be duplicated.

If the ticket has the “Play it Again” barcode, can it be read regardless if it’s a winning, non-winning or expired ticket?

Yes. The “Play it Again” barcode located at the top of the ticket will read just like a bet card and duplicate the wager regardless of the status of the ticket.

Question & Answer

Where can I play Pick 5?

Pick 5 can be played at any Ohio Lottery retailer location or self-service terminal.

When can I play Pick 5?

You can play Pick 5 anytime!

What time are the Pick 5 Drawings?

Pick 5 is drawn twice daily at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., except on Saturday evenings when the drawing is held during the Cash Explosion Game Show.

What are the different bet types for Pick 5?

You can play straight, boxed, pair, or back-up.

Can you please explain a straight bet on Pick 5?

In order to win, your five numbers must match the five numbers drawn in the exact order.  Only one combination wins on a straight wager.

What are the different types of box bets for Pick 5?

Pick 5 boxed bet consists of five numbers.  In order to win, your numbers can be in any order or combination.  There are six types of boxed wagers possible.

• 120-way –occurs when 5 distinct numbers are drawn (i.e. 3-5-4-1-2)
        • 60-way – occurs when a pair (2) of 1 number and three (3) different numbers are drawn (i.e. 1-1-2-3-4).
        • 30-way – occurs when (2) different pairs (2 each) of 1 number and one (1) different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-2-2-3).
        • 20-way – occurs when three (3) of 1 number and any two (2) different numbers are drawn (i.e. 1-2-3-3-3).
        • 10-way – occurs when three (3) of 1 number and a pair (2) of a different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-1-2-2).
        • 5-way – occurs when four (4) of 1 number and one (1) different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-1-1-2).

Will you please explain pairs betting?

Pairs betting means you are wagering that the first two, three, or four numbers or that the last two, three, or four numbers selected, in the exact order, match to the numbers drawn by the Lottery.  There are six types of Front / Back wagers possible.

• Front 4 - occurs when the first four (4) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 1-2-3-4-9).
        • Back 4 - occurs when the last four (4) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 6-2-3-4-5).
        • Front 3 - occurs when the first three (3) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 1-2-3-7-9).
        • Back 3 - occurs when the last three (3) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 6-0-3-4-5).
        • Front Pair - occurs when the first two (2) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Draw 1-2-7-7-9).
        • Back Pair – occurs when the last two (2) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5/ Drawing 6-0-8-4-5.

What is a back-up bet?

The back-up bet combines both a STRAIGHT bet and BOX bet on one ticket.  Each wager must be placed in $1 increments.  If your straight bet wins, you win both the straight amount and the boxed amount. If your numbers don’t match the straight, but match a combination of your numbers then you win only the boxed amount.

Can I cancel a Pick 5 wager?

Yes. Pick 5 wagers can be cancelled prior to the drawing.

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

ohio
          United States
          Member #125203
          March 26, 2012
          1803 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

08/13/2012Evening

Twice Daily

Ways To Win

PICK 5 is here!

Drawings are held daily, seven days a  week, at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., and broadcast statewide. Saturday  evening drawings occur during the Cash Explosion® Double Play television  show, which airs from 7:30pm to 8:00pm.

Wager TypeOdds$0.50 Wager$1.00 Wager
          Straight1 in 100,000Pay $25,000$50,000
          120-Way Box (6 individual straight wagers)1 in 833Pay $208.50$417
          60-Way Box (3 individual straight wagers)1 in 1,667Pay $417$834
          30-Way Box1 in 3,333Pay $834$1,668
          20-Way Box1 in 5,000Pay $1,250$2,500
          10-Way Box1 in 10,000Pay $2,500$5,000
          5-Way Box1 in 20,000Pay $5,000$10,000

Front/Back Boxed Bet:
          Front Four, Back Four, Front Three, Back Three, Front Two, Back Two

To Win MatchOdds$0.50             Wager$1.00             Wager
          First four numbers in exact order1 in 10,000$2,500$5,000
          Last four numbers in exact order1 in 10,000$2,500$5,000
          First three numbers in exact order1 in 1,000$250$500
          Last three numbers in exact order1 in 1,000$250$500
          First two numbers in exact order1 in 100$25$50
          Last two numbers in exact order1 in 100$25$50

How To Play

PICK5 drawings are held daily, seven days a week, at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., and broadcast statewide. Saturday evening drawings occur during the Cash Explosion® Double Play television show, which airs from 7:30pm to 8:00pm.
          When playing PICK 5, there are four types of bets which can be placed: STRAIGHT BET: If the numbers you have chosen are drawn in exact order, you win. Wager amounts are $0.50 and $1.
          BOXED BET: If the numbers you have chosen are drawn in any combination, you win. PICK 5 offers six types of boxed bets:
          • A 120-WAY boxed bet occurs when five (5) different numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) are drawn.
          • A 60-WAY boxed bet occurs when a pair (2) of 1 number and three (3) different numbers (1, 1, 2, 3, 4) are drawn.
          • A 30-WAY boxed bet occurs when two (2) different pairs (2) of numbers and one (1)  different number (1, 1, 2, 2, 3) are drawn.
          • A 20-WAY boxed bet occurs when three (3) of 1 number any two (2) different numbers (1, 1, 1, 2, 3) are drawn.
          • A 10-WAY boxed be occurs when three (3) of 1 number and a pair (2) of a different number (1, 1, 1, 2, 2) are drawn.
          • A 5-WAY boxed bet occurs when four (4) of one numbers and a different number (1, 1, 1, 1, 2) are drawn.
          PAIR BET: A Pair bet means you are wagering the first two, three or four numbers, or the last two, three or four numbers, in exact order. PICK 5 offers six types of pair bets:
          • Front Four - First four different numbers are in exact order (1, 2, 3, 4, X)
          • Back Four - Last four numbers are drawn in exact order (X, 2, 3, 4, 5)
          • Front Three - First three numbers are drawn in exact order (1, 2, 3, X, X)
          • Back Three - Last three numbers are drawn in exact order (X, X, 3, 4, 5)
          • Front Pair - First two numbers are drawn in exact order (1, 2, X, X, X)
          • Back Pair - Last two numbers are drawn in exact order (X, X, X, 4, 5)
          BACK-UP BET: Back-Up bets combine a Straight bet and a Boxed bet on one ticket, and must be placed in $1 increments.

Play it Again

What is “Play it Again”?

The “Play it Again” feature is part of most Ohio Lottery on-line games, including Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Rolling Cash 5, Classic Lotto, KENO and Mega Millions/ MEGAPLIER. A second barcode, printed on each ticket above the game logo, permits a retailer to scan the ticket with the 2D reader and duplicate the exact wager information for the next scheduled drawing.

Why was the “Play it Again” feature added?

“Play it Again” was added as a convenience for players because it eliminates the need for a new bet card. The feature also allows retailers to reproduce a customer's wager by eliminating the need to manually enter the numbers.

How does it work?

Once the added bar code at the top of a ticket is scanned by the 2D reader the terminal will print out the exact wager showing on that ticket. The terminal will show a confirmation screen before printing the wager so the customer can verify the cost of the new wager.

What does it cost?

There is no additional charge for “Play it Again”. The customer pays only the cost of the duplicated ticket.

What about Pick 5 tickets?

“Play it Again” will duplicate the bet type, while offering players a choice of changing the following items:

• Midday or evening draws
          • The number of draws
          • The days of the week

How does “Play it Again” work for the Bundle Play package?

The “Play it Again” feature will work only with the specific game  ticket presented to a retailer.  It will function just like it does for  most online game tickets.  A second barcode, printed on each ticket  above the game logo, permits a retailer to scan the ticket with the 2D  reader and duplicate the exact wager information for the next scheduled  drawing.

How does “Play It Again” work on Bundle Play tickets?

Once the added bar code at the top of any Bundle Play ticket is  scanned by the 2D reader the terminal will print out the exact wager  showing on that ticket.  Using “Play It Again” on a Bundle Play ticket  will only reproduce that game wager.  The entire Bundle Play package  will not be duplicated.

If the ticket has the “Play it Again” barcode, can it be read regardless if it’s a winning, non-winning or expired ticket?

Yes. The “Play it Again” barcode located at the top of the ticket will read just like a bet card and duplicate the wager regardless of the status of the ticket.

Question & Answer

Where can I play Pick 5?

Pick 5 can be played at any Ohio Lottery retailer location or self-service terminal.

When can I play Pick 5?

You can play Pick 5 anytime!

What time are the Pick 5 Drawings?

Pick 5 is drawn twice daily at 12:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., except on Saturday evenings when the drawing is held during the Cash Explosion Game Show.

What are the different bet types for Pick 5?

You can play straight, boxed, pair, or back-up.

Can you please explain a straight bet on Pick 5?

In order to win, your five numbers must match the five numbers drawn in the exact order.  Only one combination wins on a straight wager.

What are the different types of box bets for Pick 5?

Pick 5 boxed bet consists of five numbers.  In order to win, your numbers can be in any order or combination.  There are six types of boxed wagers possible.

• 120-way –occurs when 5 distinct numbers are drawn (i.e. 3-5-4-1-2)
          • 60-way – occurs when a pair (2) of 1 number and three (3) different numbers are drawn (i.e. 1-1-2-3-4).
          • 30-way – occurs when (2) different pairs (2 each) of 1 number and one (1) different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-2-2-3).
          • 20-way – occurs when three (3) of 1 number and any two (2) different numbers are drawn (i.e. 1-2-3-3-3).
          • 10-way – occurs when three (3) of 1 number and a pair (2) of a different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-1-2-2).
          • 5-way – occurs when four (4) of 1 number and one (1) different number are drawn (i.e. 1-1-1-1-2).

Will you please explain pairs betting?

Pairs betting means you are wagering that the first two, three, or four numbers or that the last two, three, or four numbers selected, in the exact order, match to the numbers drawn by the Lottery.  There are six types of Front / Back wagers possible.

• Front 4 - occurs when the first four (4) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 1-2-3-4-9).
          • Back 4 - occurs when the last four (4) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 6-2-3-4-5).
          • Front 3 - occurs when the first three (3) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 1-2-3-7-9).
          • Back 3 - occurs when the last three (3) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Drawing 6-0-3-4-5).
          • Front Pair - occurs when the first two (2) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5 / Draw 1-2-7-7-9).
          • Back Pair – occurs when the last two (2) numbers are drawn in exact order. (i.e. Wager 1-2-3-4-5/ Drawing 6-0-8-4-5.

What is a back-up bet?

The back-up bet combines both a STRAIGHT bet and BOX bet on one ticket.  Each wager must be placed in $1 increments.  If your straight bet wins, you win both the straight amount and the boxed amount. If your numbers don’t match the straight, but match a combination of your numbers then you win only the boxed amount.

Can I cancel a Pick 5 wager?

Yes. Pick 5 wagers can be cancelled prior to the drawing.

impossible

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Atchafalaya Basin
            United States
            Member #90218
            April 24, 2010
            10428 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Next 4 Draws :   08/14/12    thru   08/17/12

OH   Pick 5     Mid.

85822     22112     63712      26231

62317     23171     31711      17112

OH    Pick 5    Eve

91672          22672          79672

27296         72967           29672

OHIO
              United States
              Member #4164
              March 27, 2004
              10795 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

impossible

Sunday 8/12/2012  Mid Day  7-8-1-6-3

Sunday 8/12/2012 Evening   2-0-8-5-1

Monday 8/13/2012 Mid Day   8-4-1-6-5

Monday 8/13/2012 Evening   9-3-5-6-1

(Nothing Is Impossible, I am going to hit me one of these;)Thumbs Up

Day of WeekPlay DateTotal Payout
              Monday8/13/2012 Mid Day$9,347
              Monday8/13/2012 Evening$25,820
              Sunday8/12/2012 Mid Day$6,872
              Sunday8/12/2012 Evening$18,339.50

Kitfany

ohio
                United States
                Member #125203
                March 26, 2012
                1803 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Sunday 8/12/2012  Mid Day  7-8-1-6-3

Sunday 8/12/2012 Evening   2-0-8-5-1

Monday 8/13/2012 Mid Day   8-4-1-6-5

Monday 8/13/2012 Evening   9-3-5-6-1

(Nothing Is Impossible, I am going to hit me one of these;)Thumbs Up

Day of WeekPlay DateTotal Payout
                Monday8/13/2012 Mid Day$9,347
                Monday8/13/2012 Evening$25,820
                Sunday8/12/2012 Mid Day$6,872
                Sunday8/12/2012 Evening$18,339.50

out all the people play in ohio only 18k or 6 k pay ha call me negative but im out on this game i cant even hit pik 4

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #65279
                  September 22, 2008
                  3200 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

WOW!!! Thanks Jani for the details !!!

I think I'm going to check this out !!!

ohio
                    United States
                    Member #125203
                    March 26, 2012
                    1803 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

my post was overlooked i posted the same info last friday in a new thread!!!!! smh jani your getting all the credit!!! arrggggh jk YOU KNO THATS NOT MY NATURE TO HATERant

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #65279
                      September 22, 2008
                      3200 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Let's all say that we have been informed well. Now,

Let us "get about the business of winning some money." I am a diehard Pick 3 player who is intrigued by the odds of this new game.

OHIO
                        United States
                        Member #4164
                        March 27, 2004
                        10795 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

my post was overlooked i posted the same info last friday in a new thread!!!!! smh jani your getting all the credit!!! arrggggh jk YOU KNO THATS NOT MY NATURE TO HATERant

I am not here to try and upstage anybody, anyone can have beginners luck, I use to think pick 4 was hard till I caught it straight, it only goes to show you that what's for you you will get.... I am not a nay sayer, on how anyone will get there money, and I did not post to get any credit for anything.....

Kitfany

ohio
                          United States
                          Member #125203
                          March 26, 2012
                          1803 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

COOL beans!!

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #65279
                            September 22, 2008
                            3200 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

8/14 midday/evening...

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                              OHIO
                              United States
                              Member #5328
                              June 30, 2004
                              1284 Posts
                              Posted: August 14, 2012, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

8/14 midday 25081

8/12 midday 20851

and you tell me the lottery is just random..!

have a great winning day!

Page 1 of 23