Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:04 pm
You last visited September 20, 2014, 8:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finally...WIN FOR LIFE

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130820
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2012, 11:53 am - IP Logged

North Carolina is going to start selling some more win for life tickets starting this tues. ( but Ive already seen and bought some)....5,000 a week 2,500 a week, 1,000 a week and 500 dollars a week..I think I'd like the annunity on this small a prize...but I dont kow what would you do...i mean the lump sum on the 500 a week for life is like $73,000 or some where in that ball park..hehehe I think it would be kinda funny to take the annuity on that just for shiggles LOL

cleveland ohio
    United States
    Member #65897
    October 9, 2008
    275 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2012, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Thats a tough call I would probably take the annunity myself just because no matter how much I muck up at least I know I have something coming in every week for the rest of my life. :-)

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108795
      March 31, 2011
      540 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

The whole point of a win for life game IS that you win for life, hence the name.  I couldn't imagine NOT taking that option, even if you had the choice not to.  And for older people who think they'd get the short end of the stick by not living long enough to collect a decent amount of money, these games usually have a minimum payout equivalent to 20 years or so of payments, so your estate would collect whatever was left.

States do not win the lottery.  PEOPLE win the lottery.

RedStang's avatar - G2KJbzeUFyjr4GmicmunEJy5iTZz3l2CDOwbyt19Ew Qt9DyBhHUBpfgru-YDU9irpo=h900
        Dutchess NY
        United States
        Member #121966
        January 21, 2012
        2623 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2012, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Currently in NC and will give those a try. Can't seem to find any big winners here. Only one paying off is the 20x the money.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2012, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

North Carolina is going to start selling some more win for life tickets starting this tues. ( but Ive already seen and bought some)....5,000 a week 2,500 a week, 1,000 a week and 500 dollars a week..I think I'd like the annunity on this small a prize...but I dont kow what would you do...i mean the lump sum on the 500 a week for life is like $73,000 or some where in that ball park..hehehe I think it would be kinda funny to take the annuity on that just for shiggles LOL

Virginia has a Win For Life game but it's a terminal game (6/42) with a top prize of $1,000 a week for life.

How often do people win, you ask?

Almost never.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            5438 Posts
            Posted: August 25, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Virginia has a Win For Life game but it's a terminal game (6/42) with a top prize of $1,000 a week for life.

How often do people win, you ask?

Almost never.

"How often do people win, you ask?"

Win for Life was a multi-state game that was replaced with the $2 Decades of Dollars and the new game finally had a jackpot winner a year later. Virgina still offers both games, probably because there were few jackpot winners when it was multi-state.

The jackpot while small compared to the other multi-state games, gives the winner a $13,000 check every three months for the rest of their lives.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 25, 2012, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

"How often do people win, you ask?"

Win for Life was a multi-state game that was replaced with the $2 Decades of Dollars and the new game finally had a jackpot winner a year later. Virgina still offers both games, probably because there were few jackpot winners when it was multi-state.

The jackpot while small compared to the other multi-state games, gives the winner a $13,000 check every three months for the rest of their lives.

Sounds like you might know somebody who won it, Stack.   Wink

Jersey City, NJ
                United States
                Member #132081
                August 26, 2012
                13 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2012, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I know a kid who's grandma won, she was like 80 years old, and she let him cash it in, he was 22.  Smart thinking :)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I know a kid who's grandma won, she was like 80 years old, and she let him cash it in, he was 22.  Smart thinking :)

Hope he does his mamaw right now.

RedStang's avatar - G2KJbzeUFyjr4GmicmunEJy5iTZz3l2CDOwbyt19Ew Qt9DyBhHUBpfgru-YDU9irpo=h900
                    Dutchess NY
                    United States
                    Member #121966
                    January 21, 2012
                    2623 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

These should be out wed/thur. Thats what the clerks are saying. Stopped at a few places and no one has them.

United States
                      Member #130820
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

They were at the Shell/Alco station on camden past the millstone movie theater when I stopped there the other day

Dutchess NY
                        United States
                        Member #121966
                        January 21, 2012
                        2623 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2012, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Currently in jacksonville,nc. Got a 100$ of the 10,5,2 & 1$ wfls and made back 64$. Got 15$ on one of the 10$. Pretty pathetic. Strange, but i hit on the first ticket of the 5 & 2$ tickets. Gonna wait a few days and try again.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          egg harbor twp.south jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112972
                          June 29, 2011
                          3120 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I don't play WFL often, but if i win I plan on giving it to my daughter and she can give me back a 50% net after tax portion,

when I skip the planet its all her's

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.