Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:49 am
You last visited September 1, 2014, 3:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto (6/49) at $16.6M/$8.3M cash

Topic closed. 219 replies. Last post 6 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
17836 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2012, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Now that OCL is at $16M+, those odds of 1:14M aren't looking so bad. 

I still wished they paid more than $2 for a match3, it would make playing more often a no brainer.

I can't think of a better way to enjoy this holiday weekend than trying to win it.  Good luck to those who's playing.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
* your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
    Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    17836 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2012, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I gave it my best shot with the ten lines I posted on the prediction board and matched 3 for $2.  If match3 paid $5, I would be trying again Monday but as things are I'll be spending that $2 on some MM tickets for Tuesday's drawing.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      17836 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot continues to climb to $17.0M/cash $8.5M with an incentive of a free 50¢ pick5 straight ticket with every $5 ticket.  I may give it another try today.

Wink 

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        9851 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot continues to climb to $17.0M/cash $8.5M with an incentive of a free 50¢ pick5 straight ticket with every $5 ticket.  I may give it another try today.

Do   you  ever  play  the   Ohio    "  Rolling  Cash    5  "      RJOH     ???

Do  you like that game and what is the highest you have ever seen it climb  ???

I  only live  5 miles from Ohio and I have went  over there  and  played it a few times in the past and won small amounts on it now and then

I really like the game and have often thought about driving over there and play it more often

Thanks       and           Good  Luck   on  the   Classic   Lotto

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          17836 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Do   you  ever  play  the   Ohio    "  Rolling  Cash    5  "      RJOH     ???

Do  you like that game and what is the highest you have ever seen it climb  ???

I  only live  5 miles from Ohio and I have went  over there  and  played it a few times in the past and won small amounts on it now and then

I really like the game and have often thought about driving over there and play it more often

Thanks       and           Good  Luck   on  the   Classic   Lotto

Yes I do play RC5 once in a while, usually when it's over $300K.  I've seen it go over $500K when it has gone over a week without a winner which is unusual, it's usually hit twice or more every week.  It had over 2700 drawings and that's a lot of data to digest in one day if you don't play it regularly.

I do try to keep my RC5 up to date just in case I do decide to play.

Wink 

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            9851 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2012, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Yes I do play RC5 once in a while, usually when it's over $300K.  I've seen it go over $500K when it has gone over a week without a winner which is unusual, it's usually hit twice or more every week.  It had over 2700 drawings and that's a lot of data to digest in one day if you don't play it regularly.

I do try to keep my RC5 up to date just in case I do decide to play.

Thanks

I knew it was hit a lot but I didnt know it was hit that often

I usually play QP's on it but have won a few times small amounts....but  I  only  drive over and play it now and then.......thus the QP's I play on it ( and I havent played it for over a year or so )

But  yes  that would be a good game to keep  up to date for sure

I like the odds on it really

I havent  tracked it in any form  ,  but may start  doing  so

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              17836 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2012, 10:45 am - IP Logged

The jackpot isn't as big as Classic Lotto but the lower tiers prizes of RC5 are easier to win. I couldn't get a match3 in the last CL drawing.  Maybe I should stick with RC5 more since a winning strategy for it might help me do better with MegaMillions and PowerBall.

Wink 

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                9851 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2012, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot isn't as big as Classic Lotto but the lower tiers prizes of RC5 are easier to win. I couldn't get a match3 in the last CL drawing.  Maybe I should stick with RC5 more since a winning strategy for it might help me do better with MegaMillions and PowerBall.

Thumbs Up

NightStalker's avatar - IMG00073 20100720-1609_2.jpg
                  Nothing Good Happens After Midnight
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120848
                  December 28, 2011
                  415 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2012, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I have been trying to hit the Classic for months, but I just can't get consistent enough results.

I am using most of Gail Howard's tracking systems, Sum Tracking, Skips Due, Percentage System, Drawings Since Hit, Abbreviated Hit Chart, I keep track of each number individually and track their skips.  I'm currently working on a companion numbers chart.  I also use the averages of Skips Out to help pick some numbers that have been out more than 10 games.

I usually come up with about 24 numbers.  My plan has been to wheel 24 numbers every couple of months, but I haven't had any success.  24 numbers is just a crap shoot really.  I have been picking numbers for every draw for the last couple months, but it's not very consistent.  I usually get mostly 3-4 right, but just picking half the numbers randomly can get that result.  I have picked 5 a couple of times and all 6 once.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                    Atchafalaya Basin
                    United States
                    Member #90218
                    April 24, 2010
                    10473 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2012, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Next 4 Draws :   09/10/12    thru    09/17/12

3-5-10-11-12-31                    5-10-11-12-30-31            10-11-12-30-31-41                11-12-30-31-41-46

3-10-11-12-30-31                  5-11-12-30-31-41            10-12-30-31-41-46

3-11-12-30-31-41                  5-12-30-32-41-46

3-12-30-32-41-46

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17836 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2012, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

I have been trying to hit the Classic for months, but I just can't get consistent enough results.

I am using most of Gail Howard's tracking systems, Sum Tracking, Skips Due, Percentage System, Drawings Since Hit, Abbreviated Hit Chart, I keep track of each number individually and track their skips.  I'm currently working on a companion numbers chart.  I also use the averages of Skips Out to help pick some numbers that have been out more than 10 games.

I usually come up with about 24 numbers.  My plan has been to wheel 24 numbers every couple of months, but I haven't had any success.  24 numbers is just a crap shoot really.  I have been picking numbers for every draw for the last couple months, but it's not very consistent.  I usually get mostly 3-4 right, but just picking half the numbers randomly can get that result.  I have picked 5 a couple of times and all 6 once.

Back in 2002 I matched 5 in Super Lotto for $1500 and I got hooked on trying to match 6 until it ended.  When Classic Lotto came out, I had moved on to PowerBall and MegaMillions but I still like to try and match 6 in a 6/49  game but I don't try as often as I did then because now I have more choices.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        17836 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2012, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Now that MegaMillions' jackpot has reset to $12M and Classic Lotto is at $17.4M, I think I'll be trying it for the next couple of drawings and hope I do at least as well with it.  With MM I always managed to get a 0+1 to 3+0 with 20 lines for a couple of bucks.  The odds of doing that aren't quite as good with CL.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          17836 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2012, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

While MM and PB recharge their jackpots, I think I'll try playing Classic Lotto again for while.  I'm already updating my files and getting ready for this Saturday's drawing.  Will see if my $20 will do any better it than it did with MM and PB.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            17836 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

While MM and PB recharge their jackpots, I think I'll try playing Classic Lotto again for while.  I'm already updating my files and getting ready for this Saturday's drawing.  Will see if my $20 will do any better it than it did with MM and PB.

It's Saturday again and the OCL jackpot continues to grow, it's now $18.9M.  It's easier to get a 0+1 for $2 with MegaMillions than it is to 3of6 with OCL for $2 but I'm going to give it another try this evening.  If anyone else is doing the same, good luck.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              17836 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

It's Saturday again and the OCL jackpot continues to grow, it's now $18.9M.  It's easier to get a 0+1 for $2 with MegaMillions than it is to 3of6 with OCL for $2 but I'm going to give it another try this evening.  If anyone else is doing the same, good luck.

Ditto! Wink

It's a week later and the jackpot is now $19.4M/$9.7M.  Ohio is advertising OCL as having the best odds for winning a big jackpot.  I haven't checked the other jackpots around the country so I'm taking their words for it and playing again tonight.

Wink 

Page 1 of 15