Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:33 am
You last visited April 17, 2014, 11:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida's Billion Dollar Blockbuster v GRT or ??

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by skeptic.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
skeptic's avatar - VETTE1
SARASOTA, FL
United States
Member #95780
August 17, 2010
657 Posts
Posted: October 10, 2012, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

A few friends of mine who play scratchers almost everyday and I got into a discussion about - BDB or GRT ?We looked at some statistics that you are probably aware of and as of today - BDB has 5 $10M  and 73 $1M prizes left to win.

GRT has 2 $3M and 5 $500K prizes left to win.

Odds on the top BDB prizes : $10M  1 in 6,552,000 - $1M  1 in 546,000

Odds on the top GRT prizes : $3M  1 in 3,780,000    - $500K  1 in !,512,000

If you look at the odds on smaller prizes GRT might beat BDB only on a a few - on the higher prizes BDB beats most other $20 games flat out.  Look at GRT $3M v BDB $10M .......... for GRT $3M to equal BDB's $10M odds - it would look like this - GRT odds 11,718,00 to 1 to win $10M when BDB's real odds for $10M is 6,552,000 - about half as much. Now look at BDB $1M odds v GRT's $500K odds - BDB odds are about half as much for TWICE the prize size !

We asked ourselves why arn't we playing BDB instead of GRT ? Our answer was simple - GRT $500 odds are very low and we agreed we got hooked on the $500 prizes and frequent smaller prizes. But if we are serious players after the TOP prize BDB is the only game to play. I personally have not played BDB hardly at all - but from now on I'm gonna play it almost exclusively. If I played BDB as much as I did GRT - I only wonder what I might have won.

They're both $20 games - so what's your take ?? What would you play and why ?

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
    Port Orange, Florida
    United States
    Member #133403
    September 28, 2012
    140 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2012, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I only used to play BDB and won more frequently than GRT. However I HATE playing BDB because the tickets are almost impossible to scratch. I keep track of winners and personally feel there would be more frequent winners if the remaining prizes truely still existed. I have wrote to Fl lotto asking the question why haven't there been more winners. They never gave me a real answer. But then again Maybe many out there are like me and don't play because the tickets are to hard to scratch. We did already have a 10 mill winner in my town a couple years ago. 

SARASOTA, FL
      United States
      Member #95780
      August 17, 2010
      657 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2012, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

I only used to play BDB and won more frequently than GRT. However I HATE playing BDB because the tickets are almost impossible to scratch. I keep track of winners and personally feel there would be more frequent winners if the remaining prizes truely still existed. I have wrote to Fl lotto asking the question why haven't there been more winners. They never gave me a real answer. But then again Maybe many out there are like me and don't play because the tickets are to hard to scratch. We did already have a 10 mill winner in my town a couple years ago. 

Lucky - I know what you mean about scratching - it seems lately - maybe because of a reorder - they are easier to scratch - I use the end tip of a letter opener and it works like a charm. I did play a few BDB's today and yesterday - got a couple $100 stars and a few other $100 and smaller wins. BUT - if you are shooting for a BIG win instead of $100 wins on GRT or Nuggets or $500 (see how many I won this year - if I played BDB the same - who knows?)

A woman just won $1M on BDB at Publix here in Sarasota - Marsh in Port Charlotte won $1M and a few months latter $10M !!!!

Fruitland park and other towns have had $1M and $10M winners - I could live well on $1M   - as I said - I'm only playing BDB going forward.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        2228 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2012, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

A few friends of mine who play scratchers almost everyday and I got into a discussion about - BDB or GRT ?We looked at some statistics that you are probably aware of and as of today - BDB has 5 $10M  and 73 $1M prizes left to win.

GRT has 2 $3M and 5 $500K prizes left to win.

Odds on the top BDB prizes : $10M  1 in 6,552,000 - $1M  1 in 546,000

Odds on the top GRT prizes : $3M  1 in 3,780,000    - $500K  1 in !,512,000

If you look at the odds on smaller prizes GRT might beat BDB only on a a few - on the higher prizes BDB beats most other $20 games flat out.  Look at GRT $3M v BDB $10M .......... for GRT $3M to equal BDB's $10M odds - it would look like this - GRT odds 11,718,00 to 1 to win $10M when BDB's real odds for $10M is 6,552,000 - about half as much. Now look at BDB $1M odds v GRT's $500K odds - BDB odds are about half as much for TWICE the prize size !

We asked ourselves why arn't we playing BDB instead of GRT ? Our answer was simple - GRT $500 odds are very low and we agreed we got hooked on the $500 prizes and frequent smaller prizes. But if we are serious players after the TOP prize BDB is the only game to play. I personally have not played BDB hardly at all - but from now on I'm gonna play it almost exclusively. If I played BDB as much as I did GRT - I only wonder what I might have won.

They're both $20 games - so what's your take ?? What would you play and why ?

Good luck skeptic!  I hope you get the ten million cash.  A good way to end the year on a positive note!-weshar75

US Flag

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #104438
          January 14, 2011
          2144 Posts
          Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Its hard to scratch and kind of a turn off so I dont really play this ticket that much. on the other hand, i know several people who have done very well on this game

2013 Wins: Nothing over $500 :(

RedStang's avatar - mustangstu zps4c591ef5.jpg
            Dutchess , NY
            United States
            Member #121966
            January 21, 2012
            2303 Posts
            Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I scratched one of those BDBs so hard i slipped and put a gash across the number code on the bottom.

PA
              United States
              Member #129854
              June 29, 2012
              27 Posts
              Posted: October 11, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I could only wish PA players had 1/10th the payout on their scracthers that Flordia does!

You guys are  very very fortunate! I might go as far as to say that Flordia has the best scratchers in

the united states! Skeptic has won more  then double this year then I will earn at my full time job before taxes!

I can say this, if I ever make it to florida in my life I'll be scratching like a mad man :)

P.S. congrats on all those $500 nuggets you've been finding Skeptic. I'm hoping to find a few tickets

like that here in PA!

Miami, Florida
                United States
                Member #111799
                June 2, 2011
                507 Posts
                Posted: October 11, 2012, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Lucky - I know what you mean about scratching - it seems lately - maybe because of a reorder - they are easier to scratch - I use the end tip of a letter opener and it works like a charm. I did play a few BDB's today and yesterday - got a couple $100 stars and a few other $100 and smaller wins. BUT - if you are shooting for a BIG win instead of $100 wins on GRT or Nuggets or $500 (see how many I won this year - if I played BDB the same - who knows?)

A woman just won $1M on BDB at Publix here in Sarasota - Marsh in Port Charlotte won $1M and a few months latter $10M !!!!

Fruitland park and other towns have had $1M and $10M winners - I could live well on $1M   - as I said - I'm only playing BDB going forward.

Now today there is another million dollar winner on BDB!! This time in Lady Lake, Florida....which is, you guessed it, 5 minutes away from Fruitland Park!!!!!  It was sold at Circle K in the Villages--a HUGE retirement community.....

United States
                  Member #116691
                  September 17, 2011
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: October 11, 2012, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 straight loser BDB today.  I cant stand scratching those tickets!!!!

SARASOTA, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95780
                    August 17, 2010
                    657 Posts
                    Posted: October 11, 2012, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 straight loser BDB today.  I cant stand scratching those tickets!!!!

ambam - 3 losing tickets tell you nothing plus there isn't a $20 game that offers 74 $1M and 5 $10M prizes ...... if you're interested in TOP prize you have to go BDB - if you're interested in $20 - $500 (once in a while) prizes go GRT.

The way I get around the hard scratching part is I soak the tickets in warm soapy water for 30 minutes - wipe them down and they scratch like soft butter - no guarantees on this process   LOL

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                      Port Orange, Florida
                      United States
                      Member #133403
                      September 28, 2012
                      140 Posts
                      Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I bought a few today all losers except a $20 which meant nothing cuz I just bought another one. But it was easier to scratch today then the last time I bought a BDB.

United States
                        Member #116691
                        September 17, 2011
                        44 Posts
                        Posted: October 11, 2012, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I know, but i used to buy these at 10 at a time and won nothing everytime.  I know the odds are better for the big prize but it seems like there is twice as much duds.  I stopped playing them like i used to because they were horrible, but with your statistics you got me to start again.  Lol im going to try the soak trick.  I also figured out that it alot harder to scratch with a quarter then it is with a penny because of the ridges on a quarter.

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95780
                          August 17, 2010
                          657 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I know, but i used to buy these at 10 at a time and won nothing everytime.  I know the odds are better for the big prize but it seems like there is twice as much duds.  I stopped playing them like i used to because they were horrible, but with your statistics you got me to start again.  Lol im going to try the soak trick.  I also figured out that it alot harder to scratch with a quarter then it is with a penny because of the ridges on a quarter.

don't try the soak trick !! I didn't think you were serious about it - it's just a gag - somone told me about it so dummy me tried it on one ticket - it wrinkled and curled up so bad I had to toss it ....

florida
                            United States
                            Member #98914
                            October 16, 2010
                            755 Posts
                            Posted: October 12, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

i played florida new millionaire tickets i hit from 000--09  multiple times  1-500   1-400  5-100  2-125  but i am gonna stay away cause the last seven i bought were duds---be sensible when in the grip of buying multiple tickets its hard not to spend all your pocket money on them dam things   good luck allEek

SARASOTA, FL
                              United States
                              Member #95780
                              August 17, 2010
                              657 Posts
                              Posted: October 12, 2012, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

i played florida new millionaire tickets i hit from 000--09  multiple times  1-500   1-400  5-100  2-125  but i am gonna stay away cause the last seven i bought were duds---be sensible when in the grip of buying multiple tickets its hard not to spend all your pocket money on them dam things   good luck allEek

Great HITS mike cos - James got something like that I think on the first roll out ? Anyway I told you I was gonna start playing BDB - got this puppy today - 3 ticks from 4 bins.