Welcome Guest
The time is now 6:27 am
You last visited October 2, 2014, 6:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Grouper

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Leadwise's avatar - leprechaun horror-photos.jpg
Orlando, FL
United States
Member #135929
November 30, 2012
7 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2012, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone in Florida play the Grouper package? It's 5 dollars and does QP cash 3, pick 4, megmoney, fantasy 5, and Florida lottery. I guess the advantage is getting a free ticket of one of the above for a perceived 6 dollar value total for 5 dollar cost. What do you guys think?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    9081 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2012, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

One of the Floridians here once said the best bet is to buy them at a Miami Publix.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Leadwise's avatar - leprechaun horror-photos.jpg
      Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #135929
      November 30, 2012
      7 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2012, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Lol, seems like it's always a good bet here to buy something in Miami or Tallahassee.Idea

onlymoney's avatar - stargate pyramid.jpg

United States
        Member #128795
        June 2, 2012
        4878 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone in Florida play the Grouper package? It's 5 dollars and does QP cash 3, pick 4, megmoney, fantasy 5, and Florida lottery. I guess the advantage is getting a free ticket of one of the above for a perceived 6 dollar value total for 5 dollar cost. What do you guys think?

Just another way to take more of your money. Just like the couple of extra bucks (powerplay) for a JP game ticket to win more if you hit the JP.  It's a scam. The odds are so high that I'd be happy with the original JP payout, so paying an extra couple of bucks to supersize the meal I will probably never eat is simply another way to lure people to empty their pockets.

Reminds me of coupons in the newspaper. They lure you to buy things you don't need at the supermarket, but who cares right, it's a dollar off. lol  It's a retail marketing trick to make you think you may use the product sometime in the future and it may never go on sale again, so why not stock up on it now.

No shortage of gimmicks.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
          Member #134632
          November 2, 2012
          728 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2012, 7:56 am - IP Logged

If it does Guck Pick for you, those combinations are worst at winning.

United States
            Member #130609
            July 20, 2012
            595 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2012, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I played it several years ago and won 5k on pick 4.  Clerk told me then that a lot of wins come off of it for p3 and p4. Should start playing it again :)

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3282 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2012, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Florida players don't buy Grouper that much. When I started buying them in 2009 most cashiers did not know what it was. 99% of the time I won nothing. I only got 4 numbers on a Fantasy 5 from a Grouper. I realized that I was only buying Grouper because I was motivated by the FREE! ticket. When was the last time you heard someone won a jackpot with a Grouper?

Numbers Don't Lie!