Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:12 am
You last visited August 30, 2014, 2:10 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Possible pattern in scratch off game

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 2 years ago by chel$belle.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #138121
January 19, 2013
1 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2013, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello All,

I was playing my favorite scratch off game tonight and I discovered something most shocking!  I think I have discovered a pattern!  Could it really be this simple?  Well, I was playing the game and scratched off "my numbers" and noticed I had had those numbers before.  Then I thought to myself, I remember getting an autowin on these numbers the last time I had them, and it was in the bottom row in either the middle or middle right position.  Sure enough to my amazement there was another autowin, right where I had predicted it would be!

Is it really possible that there could be a pattern in these scratchoffs?  I remember too the number in the bottom of the card, the part shown even if the numbers are still unscratched is similar or the same as the past ticket I had.  Could it really be that there are packs of tickets put in there and you can tell the winner based off of the number on the bottom of the card?  If this is the case then you could look at the cards before buying and determine if there was a winner or not!

Has anyone else ever noticed any patterns in the lotto scratch offs, especially ones you can tell before scratching off the card?  My one wonder is if there are alternating types of rolls, where maybe every 1 in 4 rolls will show the pattern.  Still, it's something I'm going to explore further by buying more tickets and keeping a tally of the winners and losers and their numbers and number combos.

Oh, and I'm not going to state the name of the game here in case this really is something that can be determined. :)

RedStang's avatar - 20140808 010507Custom_zps4cde8ec4.jpg
    Dutchess , NY
    United States
    Member #121966
    January 21, 2012
    2585 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Here's our pattern. When you see 1,2,4 or 21,22,24 on the bottom, your top numbers will be a 3 or 23. I can tell its a loser right away.

South Park, PA
      United States
      Member #105386
      January 30, 2011
      95 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Here in PA it is even more obvious. I have OVER $4000.00 in LOSING $5, $10, and $20 tickets. Now I have had three $500's and one $1000 winners in there along with a lot of $50's but NONE of these winnerrs had the number 24 on them. I have already bought the last 11 tickets on a roll of $20 scratch offs and the LAST one was a $50 winner. $220 out, $50 in.

EVERY ticket but the last one had the number 24 somewhere on it and 9 oput of those 11 had some combination of the numbers 1..6..14 to go along with the number 24

The algorithm PA uses is about 3 years old and it has the SAME seed number 24.

If you DO get a winner on a ticket with the number 24 on it, it is usually for the amount of the ticket. Random number generator my azz. PA is so lame that I have quit buying their tickets.

I only wish everone would stop. Maybe then the boys in Harrisburg would take notice.

AJ100

United States
        Member #138993
        February 11, 2013
        19 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2013, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Hello All,

I was playing my favorite scratch off game tonight and I discovered something most shocking!  I think I have discovered a pattern!  Could it really be this simple?  Well, I was playing the game and scratched off "my numbers" and noticed I had had those numbers before.  Then I thought to myself, I remember getting an autowin on these numbers the last time I had them, and it was in the bottom row in either the middle or middle right position.  Sure enough to my amazement there was another autowin, right where I had predicted it would be!

Is it really possible that there could be a pattern in these scratchoffs?  I remember too the number in the bottom of the card, the part shown even if the numbers are still unscratched is similar or the same as the past ticket I had.  Could it really be that there are packs of tickets put in there and you can tell the winner based off of the number on the bottom of the card?  If this is the case then you could look at the cards before buying and determine if there was a winner or not!

Has anyone else ever noticed any patterns in the lotto scratch offs, especially ones you can tell before scratching off the card?  My one wonder is if there are alternating types of rolls, where maybe every 1 in 4 rolls will show the pattern.  Still, it's something I'm going to explore further by buying more tickets and keeping a tally of the winners and losers and their numbers and number combos.

Oh, and I'm not going to state the name of the game here in case this really is something that can be determined. :)

Okay for me, before I buy one, I take a look on the back on the ticket and look for distinguishing marks on the edges of the ticket. Like an L shaped pattern in the corner edge. Hope that helps some.