Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:05 am
You last visited September 3, 2014, 2:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Pool, should I do quick pick?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 1 year ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
Jacksonville, Florida
United States
Member #140369
March 17, 2013
159 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2013, 8:39 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone. New to the website. I started a lottery pool at work in January with some co-workers for Florida Mega Money and I am starting up another one for Florida Lotto. For the Mega Money, we pay for the month and I purchase quick pick with advance play for the entire month and then the following month, rinse and repeat.

Here is my question, are you in a pool at work and if so do you purchase quick picks each time, or have you used the same numbers since the begining of the pool?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Listens to the wind

United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    19293 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2013, 9:22 am - IP Logged

We used to have a pool, we always got quick picks.

There's only one US Flag

United States
      Member #111446
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2013, 9:33 am - IP Logged

As has been demonstrated time and time again, throughout lottery history, QP's have always ruled the day.

nuff said.  Sleepy

United States
        Member #116272
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2013, 9:49 am - IP Logged

The first rule to playing a winning lottery statagy is "Pick your own numbers" Many people and groups play their own set of numbers until they hit pay dirt. http://www.lotterypost.com/news/257001

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          5273 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Quick picks every draw.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135290
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

I use quick picks when forming a pool ONLY because if I don't have to worry about any finger pointing going on if I was responsible for selecting non winning numbers. With that being said, if everyone pitched in and selected the numbers and not just one person, that would be different.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
              Member #116272
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I play the same numbers til I win.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Listens to the wind

United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                19293 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I use quick picks when forming a pool ONLY because if I don't have to worry about any finger pointing going on if I was responsible for selecting non winning numbers. With that being said, if everyone pitched in and selected the numbers and not just one person, that would be different.

Good point CinCin, we stopped the pool, I couldn't take any more of the whining.

There's only one US Flag

United States
                  Member #116272
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Good point CinCin, we stopped the pool, I couldn't take any more of the whining.

I Agree! Thats why a set of numbers that never changes is BETTER. Either the numbers win or they dont, plus you can play using the same play slips over and over.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone. New to the website. I started a lottery pool at work in January with some co-workers for Florida Mega Money and I am starting up another one for Florida Lotto. For the Mega Money, we pay for the month and I purchase quick pick with advance play for the entire month and then the following month, rinse and repeat.

Here is my question, are you in a pool at work and if so do you purchase quick picks each time, or have you used the same numbers since the begining of the pool?

Most people here have heard all the horror stories about getting involved with lottery pools and they know they have to be wary of them.

And also to be wary of people whose very first post is primarily to mention that they just happen to be starting a new lottery pool. 

Welcome to Lottery Post and Good Luck, schmuckatelly!

msharkey2001's avatar - animal shark.jpg
                      New Hampshire
                      United States
                      Member #136497
                      December 12, 2012
                      218 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:29 am - IP Logged

The first rule to playing a winning lottery statagy is "Pick your own numbers" Many people and groups play their own set of numbers until they hit pay dirt. http://www.lotterypost.com/news/257001

I Agree!

If I was in a pool which played a line or two every draw than I would also want to go with self picks, just as I would when selecting my own lines.

I do however advocate quick picks if playing in a group that only gets together for the ocassional big JP's where you're gonna buy 20, 30 or more lines. It's also nice to take a break from the time consuming number crunching that goes along with always picking your own.

United States
                        Member #116272
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:37 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

If I was in a pool which played a line or two every draw than I would also want to go with self picks, just as I would when selecting my own lines.

I do however advocate quick picks if playing in a group that only gets together for the ocassional big JP's where you're gonna buy 20, 30 or more lines. It's also nice to take a break from the time consuming number crunching that goes along with always picking your own.

Having a set of numbers for continual play does not require "number crunching" No Nod

msharkey2001's avatar - animal shark.jpg
                          New Hampshire
                          United States
                          Member #136497
                          December 12, 2012
                          218 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Having a set of numbers for continual play does not require "number crunching" No Nod

Very true but I always select new numbers every draw except for the bonus ball which I keep the same until it hits.

maringoman's avatar - kobold
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            1985 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2013, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I am in a work pool and we play the same set of numbers and usually with advanced play. Its easy because I don't have to check the numbers since I know them.  And I still play on my own just to get some side action going on.

It's a futile effort.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2013, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I am in a work pool and we play the same set of numbers and usually with advanced play. Its easy because I don't have to check the numbers since I know them.  And I still play on my own just to get some side action going on.

I hate that term - "side action".

It reminds me of why I'm paying for so many wimmins houses.

And it's not like I ever really got any side action anyway. Wink  Big Grin