Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:18 pm
You last visited July 30, 2014, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many times a week do you play the lottery?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 1 year ago by PlayToWin47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area/ California
United States
Member #136482
December 12, 2012
1945 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Do you also consider yourself a serious or  recreational player?
Personally: l play both the major ones and perhaps fantasy 5 , 2-3 a week. How about you?

White Bounce

* Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.
-George Bernard Shaw.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106669
    February 22, 2011
    16545 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Personally: l play both the major ones and perhaps fantasy 5 , 2-3 a week. How about you?

White Bounce

-George Bernard Shaw.

i gave you a 5 * cause that's a good question Yes Nod

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area/ California
      United States
      Member #136482
      December 12, 2012
      1945 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2013, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

i gave you a 5 * cause that's a good question Yes Nod

For that l give you my thanks in advance.
      Dance

u$a
        United States
        Member #106669
        February 22, 2011
        16545 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2013, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

For that l give you my thanks in advance.
        Dance

Your welcome Patriot

u$a
          United States
          Member #106669
          February 22, 2011
          16545 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

i seem to do better on the Bigger games i play state games in Whatever state i am in @ that time

also i pick up a few QP on the PB & MM once a week

hope this helps with your survey Smiley

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            2782 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2013, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

there is 6 draws a week, but i have the grumps about some of the payout tables.  ad try to  not play them. I am in 3 pools, 1 always plays ea, the other 2 i run, and id say 4 a week is average i play in those 2 that I run.  so in a week i play 14 times on the 6 games

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85;

Bay Area/ California
              United States
              Member #136482
              December 12, 2012
              1945 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2013, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

there is 6 draws a week, but i have the grumps about some of the payout tables.  ad try to  not play them. I am in 3 pools, 1 always plays ea, the other 2 i run, and id say 4 a week is average i play in those 2 that I run.  so in a week i play 14 times on the 6 games

Just checked my PB ticket from last night and it turns out l won $4.00 off a $5.00 investment.  Looks like lm in the hole for a dollar so far.No tears...yet.

United States
                Member #130820
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

White Bounce

-George Bernard Shaw.

Im like you play the big ones on both their days and the Carolina cash 5 I only play when it gets over like 200,000....the cash 5 is good when there is an extra good bonus drawing you can register for you buy 5.00 worth of tickets and your automatically entered...this month you can win an extra 50 grand and a toyota tundra

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Boise, ID
                  United States
                  Member #94285
                  July 17, 2010
                  1613 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2013, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I'd say I'm a moderately serious player.  I'm in every draw for the big 2 plus Hot Lotto and occasionally Wild Card 2.

But I think of serious players as the ones who don't blink an eye at spending $50 per game per draw, and I hardly ever go over $5 per game per draw.  And it's usually less.

I think of recreational players as the ones who keep an eye on the jackpots, but only play when they feel lucky, or only play when the jackpot is high.  They don't mind if they're not in a draw.

Bay Area/ California
                    United States
                    Member #136482
                    December 12, 2012
                    1945 Posts
                    Posted: May 5, 2013, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

B2B- Whats the ticket price on the Cash 5? l love the idea that they throw in $50K and a tundra, that should be incentive enough for those who cannot afford a vehicle to give it a shot. The licensing and registration is prob coming out of your pocket, but who cares.

Smile

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      2782 Posts
                      Posted: May 5, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

here the big games are powerball and ozlotto, odss of 1 in 76mill, and 45 mill respectively.  they only pay out $3 mill nd 2 mill,  when ther jack pots start again. i try and play all the games all the time, but when they pull this sort of thing i have to wthdraw my cash and sit on the side lines.  i have no will power so by the time the  pots roll to $10 mill im usually back in.

the thing is the odds on power ball went up from 1 in 54 mill to 1 in 76 mill , and they didint increase the starting pot by anything.

sure $3 mill isnt anything to be   scoffed at, but another game  has odds of 1 in 8 mill and the 1st prize is $1 mill,  so realistically, i should hiold off the powwerball untill the ROI is at least as equal to theis cheaper and easier to win game.

as you can see i am torn between telling them to jam it, and  my desire to be in every draw.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85;

Jesstina's avatar - medium jpg.1369698626638

United States
                        Member #136422
                        December 10, 2012
                        695 Posts
                        Posted: May 5, 2013, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I'll play everyday if I'm chasing a number. And go harder on it if I see others are predicting the same number I'm chasing. Wink 

Spending sometime with the family. Will be back A.S.A.P

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          3198 Posts
                          Posted: May 5, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

White Bounce

-George Bernard Shaw.

I play every day, except Sunday, because there are no drawings on Sunday.

Psst... don't tell Thrifty.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            8939 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2013, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I play something everyday, but usually $1 - $2, so recreational player.

In Illinois Lucky Day Loto (5/39) is the biggest thing going on Sundays and Thursdays and ironically on those days it's usually at its $100,000 starting jackpot. Quite often it gets hit the night before. There have been times the jackpot has ben ovr $1,000,000 so when that happens I might 'go wild' and play $1 for each $100,000.

Otherwise it's MM and PB. The state Pick 6 is usually very weak compared to those jackpots.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              5223 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2013, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I Play four days a week, Tuesday & Friday for Mega and Wednesday & Saturday for Powerball & Hot Lotto no state lotto games in Oklahoma or it would be more.Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908