Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:20 am
You last visited September 23, 2014, 12:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New York Halloween Millions raffle ...

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 months ago by jada1355.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
emerald64's avatar - 8ball
suffolk county, Long Island, NY
United States
Member #56449
November 19, 2007
1436 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

....Now Exactly how many numbers out of the 9-digit have to be matched....i understand there will b second and third prizes any one know the details of the payout info as yet ?? 

RedStang's avatar - G2KJbzeUFyjr4GmicmunEJy5iTZz3l2CDOwbyt19Ew Qt9DyBhHUBpfgru-YDU9irpo=h900
    Dutchess NY
    United States
    Member #121966
    January 21, 2012
    2625 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2013, 1:26 am - IP Logged

You will probably need all 9 numbers. Don't see a third prize. Looks like 1 mill, 50k, and the bonus #s  are the prizes.

RAFFLE TBD RULE 30 PRIZE PAYMENT
    30.1 Grand Prizes and Runner-Up Prizes. Grand prizes of one million dollars
    ($1,000,000.00) and Runner-Up prizes of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) shall be paid in a single
    lump sum cash payment. A player may only win a Raffle Grand or Runner-Up Prize up to one (1)
    time on each play, but may win other prizes associated with Participating Lottery promotional prizes.
    A minimum of two (2) Grand Prizes shall be awarded in the drawing, and in each
    Participating Lottery that does not have a Grand Prize winner, one (1) Runner-Up Prize shall be
    awarded.

United States
      Member #56449
      November 19, 2007
      1436 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2013, 8:28 am - IP Logged

...i dont know ..im going to ask one of the lottery agents today when i go up to play my midday numbers..my girlfriend asked yesterday ..and was told 'Yes there will be 2nd and 3rd prize winners which im assuming not every digit has to be matched in order to win something..but im going to find out today...

United States
        Member #56449
        November 19, 2007
        1436 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

so far nobody knows the details on this yet - i mean obviously we know weve got to match a 9-digit number..which is going to be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack..and for 10-bucks !? a ticket..theres gotta be other chances at the winnings on this ...still nobody know on here yet-out of ALL you dedicated posters ...i'm shocked.....What?  Poke

United States
          Member #56449
          November 19, 2007
          1436 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Disapprove

United States
            Member #56449
            November 19, 2007
            1436 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2013, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Crazy

United States
              Member #56449
              November 19, 2007
              1436 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2013, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Type

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92611
                June 10, 2010
                2115 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

so far nobody knows the details on this yet - i mean obviously we know weve got to match a 9-digit number..which is going to be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack..and for 10-bucks !? a ticket..theres gotta be other chances at the winnings on this ...still nobody know on here yet-out of ALL you dedicated posters ...i'm shocked.....What?  Poke

Well, emerald I guess you got a right to be schocked.  Dont look at me for answers about lower tier prizes on the Halloween Millions raffle cuz I aint seen anything other than there's a $50,000 consolation prize if your state doesnt sell the million dollar winner.

But lemme ask you a question.   You do now what Connecticut SuperDraw is, right?  If you dont, allow me to enlighten you. 

If you live anywhere near the Connecticut border like I do, I'd suggest you haul a$$ over there and git yourself one them babies.  I got me some.   It's a raffle with 275,000 to 1 odds for a top prize of a cool mill.  Then there's the two $20,000 second prizes, and 1200 one hundred dollar prizes.  Drawing is 1/1/2014. 

Do yourself a favor and go get one Hammer!

Winning a Jackpot - unlikely but POSSIBLE!

RedStang's avatar - G2KJbzeUFyjr4GmicmunEJy5iTZz3l2CDOwbyt19Ew Qt9DyBhHUBpfgru-YDU9irpo=h900
                  Dutchess NY
                  United States
                  Member #121966
                  January 21, 2012
                  2625 Posts
                  Posted: October 30, 2013, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Think every state is different. Did you contact NYL.

United States
                    Member #56449
                    November 19, 2007
                    1436 Posts
                    Posted: October 30, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, emerald I guess you got a right to be schocked.  Dont look at me for answers about lower tier prizes on the Halloween Millions raffle cuz I aint seen anything other than there's a $50,000 consolation prize if your state doesnt sell the million dollar winner.

But lemme ask you a question.   You do now what Connecticut SuperDraw is, right?  If you dont, allow me to enlighten you. 

If you live anywhere near the Connecticut border like I do, I'd suggest you haul a$$ over there and git yourself one them babies.  I got me some.   It's a raffle with 275,000 to 1 odds for a top prize of a cool mill.  Then there's the two $20,000 second prizes, and 1200 one hundred dollar prizes.  Drawing is 1/1/2014. 

Do yourself a favor and go get one Hammer!

Thanks *giveFive...thanks for the info ... that Conn. Super Draw sounds sweet...ill keep that one in mind ;)

United States
                      Member #56449
                      November 19, 2007
                      1436 Posts
                      Posted: October 30, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Think every state is different. Did you contact NYL.

yes i contacted NYL ...by phone they told me i have to match the entire number to win..its all she said....i emailed them as well...no ans as yet ...What? ..but i soon find out .since the draw is only 2 more days away ! ..

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92611
                        June 10, 2010
                        2115 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2013, 6:14 am - IP Logged

Thanks *giveFive...thanks for the info ... that Conn. Super Draw sounds sweet...ill keep that one in mind ;)

You're right it is sweet...

Ct has been running the SuperDraw raffle twice per year since 2011.  They hold one of the drawings on The 4th of July, and the other is held on New Years Day.  Tickets are sold in April, May and June for the July 4th drawing, and in October, November and December for the New Years day drawing.  They're on sale for the 1/1/2014 drawing now.

For last July's drawing, tickets did NOT sell out. I believe the number sold was 262,000 which lowered the odds to 262,000 to 1.  With the exception of The Halloween Millions raffle, I dont know where you could get odds that low to win a million bucks.  The guy that won last July is from Long Island.  He was driving through Connecticut on I-95 during May, and got stuck in a traffic jam.  He pulled into a rest area to take a break from the traffic jam, and saw a sign for SuperDraw in one of the convenience stores in the rest stop. He said he had never even heard of the raffle, but he liked the low odds, so he bought a ticket.  He stuffed it in his wallet and forgot about it.  He saw the ticket in August, a month after the drawing, and checked his number. The rest is history as they say.

The drawing held on New Years day typically does sell out.  A friendly clerk in a store in Danbury told me that many people buy them as Christmas gifts to give to family and friends, so tickets are usually gone shortly before or soon after Christmas. I'm in a lottery pool at work that has eight guys in it. We each throw in 10 bucks a month for each of the three separate months tickets are on sale.  We buy 8 tickets a month for three months which gives us a total of 24 tickets.  So far no luck, but we keep on trying.  Anybody I've ever told about SuperDraw has the same reaction to it as you did, but you'd be amazed about the number of people I've told about it (some of them are Connecticut residents too!!) that have never heard of it!  I know about it because I have a daughter that attends college in Connecticut, so we drive over there quite a bit.  The first time I heard of it was in the Fall of last year. I went into a gas station to pay for my gas, and I saw a handwritten sign hanging on the cash register that said "SuperDraw tickets on sale now".  I didnt pay much attention to the sign, and it went right over my head!  Instead, I bought a Ct Lucky For Life ticket.  Printed on my Lucky for Life ticket was an ad for SuperDraw, so I asked myself "What is that?  What are they trying to tell me here?"  So I went back in the gas station and asked the guy about it.  He told me what it was all about, and I bought my first ticket on the spot! When I got back to work and told the guys in the pool about it, each and everyone of them wanted to jump on it right away -- to the tune of 30 bucks each too!  We've already bought our first round of eight tickets for the January drawing, and soon we'll buy November's!   Good Luck.  G5

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92611
                          June 10, 2010
                          2115 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2013, 7:54 am - IP Logged

For those like me that bought a Halloween Millions ticket, you should know that tomorrow's drawing is scheduled for "2 PM" according to MUSL. (The Multi State Lottery)

MUSL has a tab on the PowerBall home page in the upper right hand corner that says "Raffle".  If you click on it, it will tell you all about the halloween raffle being held in 7 different states.  It says the drawing will be held at 2 PM, but it doesnt say in which time zone the drawing will be held.  So is that 2 PM Central time, which is 3 PM Eastern time??  Dont look at me cuz I dunno!!!

I would think that the results will be posted on The NYS Lottery home page sometime tomorrow in the later afternoon.  But as for me, I'm going to check the PowerBall home page cuz that's where you'll probably find the results first!  Good luck guys!!  Hope I bring that million dollar booger home to MY house!

United States
                            Member #56449
                            November 19, 2007
                            1436 Posts
                            Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:00 am - IP Logged

For those like me that bought a Halloween Millions ticket, you should know that tomorrow's drawing is scheduled for "2 PM" according to MUSL. (The Multi State Lottery)

MUSL has a tab on the PowerBall home page in the upper right hand corner that says "Raffle".  If you click on it, it will tell you all about the halloween raffle being held in 7 different states.  It says the drawing will be held at 2 PM, but it doesnt say in which time zone the drawing will be held.  So is that 2 PM Central time, which is 3 PM Eastern time??  Dont look at me cuz I dunno!!!

I would think that the results will be posted on The NYS Lottery home page sometime tomorrow in the later afternoon.  But as for me, I'm going to check the PowerBall home page cuz that's where you'll probably find the results first!  Good luck guys!!  Hope I bring that million dollar booger home to MY house!

Thanks for the update !  Wink

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92611
                              June 10, 2010
                              2115 Posts
                              Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the update !  Wink

You're welcome....BUT I SCREWED UP!!!

It's not the PB website that has "2 PM" on it!  IT's the NYS LOttery home page that says "2 PM".   SORRY!!!