Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:47 pm
You last visited November 20, 2014, 5:23 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Superlotto Plus, new 2nd Chance

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Jon D.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Are you excited about the new CA Superlotto Plus 2nd Chance draws?

Yes, I'll probably play more [ 4 ]  [36.36%]
No. Not enough to make me change what I play [ 5 ]  [45.45%]
Meh...could've been better. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Bring back the raffle! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I reserve judgement [ 1 ]  [9.09%]
Other [ 1 ]  [9.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 11 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103816
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2013, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Are you excited about the new CA Superlotto Plus 2nd Chance draws that began yesterday?

http://www.calottery.com/happenings/SLP-2nd-Chance

I guess they are trying to makeup for starting and then abruptly pulling the Raffle promotion they had before. http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257986

Seems to be better prizes:

They draw 5 winners of $15,000 per week.($75,000 per week)

The previous Raffle was only 20 $500 prizes.($10,000 per week) And that's also better than the Fantasy 5 2nd chance draws of $42,000 per week.

You get the same 1 entry per pick purchased, but the entries are encoded in the weird 13-digit alphanumeric&character entry with % and # symbols. Harder to enter online.(I gave it a whirl) At least the raffle was automatic with a separate ticket.

United States
    Member #147171
    September 24, 2013
    420 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Did not know you also posted here, I just came in to find out the reaction to this new 2nd chance drawing. Five $15K prizes a week is better than compared to the raffle system they had earlier in the year. About 2.5 to 3 million picks are in per drawing, and they do 1 code per pick (hopefully there are some lazy ones that do not punch in their code).

Despite Fantasy 5 2nd chance requires a 5 pick purchase for 1 code, and there are 150k-180k codes per week. If 15 winners are selected, the chances somebody wins something is better. But Fantasy 5 does not have multi million dollar prize potential like SLP.

I voted for Yes, I will play more from this point forward. Probably 10 or 20 at most per draw as the diminishing odds kicks in quickly.

Now I just wish the 5 out of 5 prize carries over if nobody wins for SLP, but usually someone does since the odds of that is 1 in 1.59 million and the number of picks in the pool exceeds it. Powerball's 5 out of 5 with no powerball is at $3MM+, despite the jackpot is back down to the starting point at $40MM.

On the other hand, SLP is at $35MM ($19.5 MM cash) so thats another reason people will play.

Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103816
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I rarely see a peep out of Cali players on the lotto threads. This site is heavily east coast biased.

With Powerball reset and Superlotto high, I'll probably divert play to Superlotto for Wed/Sat for the rest of the year, especially with the bonus draws.

ressuccess's avatar - WhiteShyGuy

United States
        Member #93166
        June 23, 2010
        835 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I would play California Super Lotto Plus when the jackpot is big enough.

United States
          Member #147171
          September 24, 2013
          420 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Another reason to play:

On the calottery website, the product retail plan for December mentions a $500,000 2nd chance drawing for entries submitted between Janurary to March 2014.

Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103816
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2013, 4:08 am - IP Logged

SuperLotto Plus is now at $47M ($26.1M cash) and is higher than Powerball, a rare occurrence.

PB got scared of MM and retreated back to $40M.

If you play PB instead of SLP this Saturday, you're stupid! Big Smile

You can look at a map of SLP JP winners throughout the years at the link below, is one near you:

http://batchgeo.com/map/624fbaca1e921cca0ad80496a7a49560

ressuccess's avatar - WhiteShyGuy

United States
              Member #93166
              June 23, 2010
              835 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2013, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

SuperLotto Plus is now at $47M ($26.1M cash) and is higher than Powerball, a rare occurrence.

PB got scared of MM and retreated back to $40M.

If you play PB instead of SLP this Saturday, you're stupid! Big Smile

You can look at a map of SLP JP winners throughout the years at the link below, is one near you:

http://batchgeo.com/map/624fbaca1e921cca0ad80496a7a49560

Jon D, these are my California Super Lotto Plus Challenge predictions for 12/14. Good luck to everyone in this upcoming draw.

1-5-10-14-15-20-21-26-31-38-42-47 and Mega Balls: 5-18-19-27

Jon D, this is the website to get the draw results: http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/superlotto-plus

United States
                Member #147171
                September 24, 2013
                420 Posts
                Posted: December 13, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

There have been 3 2nd chance draws thus far

first one had 500k

second one had 900k

thrid one had 1.1 million

With roughly 3.5 to 4 million per draw, I am slightly surprised less than 20% of the entires were put in the second chance drawings. But it might be a lot more due to the high jackpot and people figuring out how to enter codes.

I think the SLP jackpot will be won this Saturday if there is a Mega Millions winner tonight.

The monthly newsletter for December confirms the $500,000 promotion from Jan to March. It will also have 4 $25k prizes.

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103816
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Got a post MM JP hangover?

SLP is tied with PB JP,(cash value is nearly tied) so is a better play than PB today.

United States
                    Member #147171
                    September 24, 2013
                    420 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2013, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Got a post MM JP hangover?

SLP is tied with PB JP,(cash value is nearly tied) so is a better play than PB today.

I do have a MM hangover and now I have a SLP hangover.

A jackpot winner tonight in Los Alamitos. The winner bought the same set of 5 numbers with multiple megaballs.

This person wins $50Mil AND $32K. wow!

Maybe I will continue to play for that $500,000 drawing where a winner is guaranteed unlike these draw games.

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103816
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2013, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I do have a MM hangover and now I have a SLP hangover.

A jackpot winner tonight in Los Alamitos. The winner bought the same set of 5 numbers with multiple megaballs.

This person wins $50Mil AND $32K. wow!

Maybe I will continue to play for that $500,000 drawing where a winner is guaranteed unlike these draw games.

Yeah, very sad/pathetic that all 3 jackpot games are pretty much reset at the same time.

i guess I'm done with JP games till next year...

Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103816
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2014, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

So SLP goes 3 months to a $50M hit at the end of the year, and then gets early hits on $8M in back to back weeks after that?

So we start the $500,000 grand opening bonus promo at a paltry $7M JP. Meh...but OK, I'm no lotto snob, I put a few bucks down for an entry in the first draw during the promo period 1/3-3/17.