Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:42 am
You last visited September 18, 2014, 9:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is The Lottery Fixed?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 months ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
West Palm Beach,Fl.
United States
Member #148493
November 2, 2013
12 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I got this off the internet.

You may have heard that you are more likely to be hit on the head by a meteorite than to win the lottery. This is certainly so. Assuming that the game is honest, the odds are roughly one in several hundred million. Even with these odds, lottery commissions are not satisfied. The lottery is rigged.

The giant multi-state and individual state lotteries are more fixed than pro wrestling. The jackpots go up and up, with no winners. People get lottery fever. Millions nationwide are willing to wait in a line just like the ones for bread in the former Soviet Union for the pipe dream of striking it rich. The rigging works like this: super computers keep track of each combination sold, and then the ping-pong balls are weighted to assure that a losing combination comes up. On rare occasions, all possible combinations are sold, and they must let someone win. Only then is the game is honest.

Why? The lottery, which is a state-run version of the Mafia's numbers racket, is a great money grab scam, as long as it brings in more than it pays out. In the past, lotteries were abolished because they lost money.The worst part of this is whom it hurts. The poor and desperate are the most common victims of lottery fever. Children go hungry and senior citizens go without their medication because of it. People prone to gambling addiction also blow huge sums.

We spoke with an employee at a state lottery agency. We can not reveal his name or even which state, as some of the same gangsters who ran the numbers racket now run the lottery, and they would kill him. “Yes, I personally am involved in it. Lottery ping-pong balls have a small valve, like a basketball or soccer ball, only it’s very tiny, and nearly invisible. We use a hypodermic needle to inject heavier-than-air gasses such as radon into the balls we don’t want to come up. At first, we tried helium in the ones we did want to rise, but they jumped up so quickly that it was obvious. Lotteries are raking in much more than if the games were honest, and people don’t know they have literally no chance!”“If you think about it logically, you certainly don’t play anyway. You are betting that you can predict which six of 45 or more balls are going to come out of the hopper. In some games, the order even matters! It’s a sucker’s bet, and that’s when it’s honest! Most drawings are rigged, making the odds zero in infinity! The lottery is not only a tax on people who don’t understand math; it is an unfair and unjust tax. Didn’t we have the American Revolution over taxes like that?”

Igamble's avatar - spider
    nj
    United States
    Member #145662
    August 10, 2013
    731 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

so then how do you explain my fellow lp members  winnings ? we must have put some helium in our lungs and flyed into the future and came back  with the right combos ??amazing ....

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      5436 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

You may have heard that you are more likely to be hit on the head by a meteorite than to win the lottery. This is certainly so. Assuming that the game is honest, the odds are roughly one in several hundred million. Even with these odds, lottery commissions are not satisfied. The lottery is rigged.

The giant multi-state and individual state lotteries are more fixed than pro wrestling. The jackpots go up and up, with no winners. People get lottery fever. Millions nationwide are willing to wait in a line just like the ones for bread in the former Soviet Union for the pipe dream of striking it rich. The rigging works like this: super computers keep track of each combination sold, and then the ping-pong balls are weighted to assure that a losing combination comes up. On rare occasions, all possible combinations are sold, and they must let someone win. Only then is the game is honest.

Why? The lottery, which is a state-run version of the Mafia's numbers racket, is a great money grab scam, as long as it brings in more than it pays out. In the past, lotteries were abolished because they lost money.The worst part of this is whom it hurts. The poor and desperate are the most common victims of lottery fever. Children go hungry and senior citizens go without their medication because of it. People prone to gambling addiction also blow huge sums.

We spoke with an employee at a state lottery agency. We can not reveal his name or even which state, as some of the same gangsters who ran the numbers racket now run the lottery, and they would kill him. “Yes, I personally am involved in it. Lottery ping-pong balls have a small valve, like a basketball or soccer ball, only it’s very tiny, and nearly invisible. We use a hypodermic needle to inject heavier-than-air gasses such as radon into the balls we don’t want to come up. At first, we tried helium in the ones we did want to rise, but they jumped up so quickly that it was obvious. Lotteries are raking in much more than if the games were honest, and people don’t know they have literally no chance!”“If you think about it logically, you certainly don’t play anyway. You are betting that you can predict which six of 45 or more balls are going to come out of the hopper. In some games, the order even matters! It’s a sucker’s bet, and that’s when it’s honest! Most drawings are rigged, making the odds zero in infinity! The lottery is not only a tax on people who don’t understand math; it is an unfair and unjust tax. Didn’t we have the American Revolution over taxes like that?”

Did you get hit in the head by a meteorite?

onlymoney's avatar - stargate pyramid.jpg

United States
        Member #128795
        June 2, 2012
        4855 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I agree that most people waste a lot of money on JP games despite realizing the astronomical odds against them winning just once in their lifetime. But what I disagree with is the part about it being rigged. The astronomical odds do all the dirty work for the officials. No rigging required.

Now, If you want to talk about p-3 and p-4 games, the pre-tests, post-tests, rotation of machines sets and tubes is definitely a way they throw off the natural flow of numbers.

If they really want to safeguard the machines from tampering, have a video camera pointing at them in a room when not in use. Problem solved. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

0.1% of people who play for a major JP will win in their lifetime. 

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Goal. $1,500 a week.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90253
          April 24, 2010
          2385 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree that most people waste a lot of money on JP games despite realizing the astronomical odds against them winning just once in their lifetime. But what I disagree with is the part about it being rigged. The astronomical odds do all the dirty work for the officials. No rigging required.

Now, If you want to talk about p-3 and p-4 games, the pre-tests, post-tests, rotation of machines sets and tubes is definitely a way they throw off the natural flow of numbers.

If they really want to safeguard the machines from tampering, have a video camera pointing at them in a room when not in use. Problem solved. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

As for the pretests, I recently emailed my lottery asking if they publish the results. They replied, asking which drawing in

particular. I answered back saying I wanted to get them on a daily basis. They never got back to me. What a bummer. What?

"You can observe a lot just by watching."  Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

maringoman's avatar - kobold
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2025 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Those pretests are what would make people think something is not right. For example in the link below, for Lotto Texas (6/54) they conducted 6 pretests for the 11/23/2013 draw. Why so many?!

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Lotto_Texas/Pre-test_Results.html

Maybe if they clued-in the public at what they're looking for then maybe it would reduce the nagging feeling. Just saying.

It's a futile effort.

United States
              Member #128795
              June 2, 2012
              4855 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

As for the pretests, I recently emailed my lottery asking if they publish the results. They replied, asking which drawing in

particular. I answered back saying I wanted to get them on a daily basis. They never got back to me. What a bummer. What?

The results won't help me predict more accurately. The fact that they tampered with the machine in the first place by disrupting the signature of the electric field around the machine is enough for me to have a complaint.

United States
                Member #128795
                June 2, 2012
                4855 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Those pretests are what would make people think something is not right. For example in the link below, for Lotto Texas (6/54) they conducted 6 pretests for the 11/23/2013 draw. Why so many?!

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Lotto_Texas/Pre-test_Results.html

Maybe if they clued-in the public at what they're looking for then maybe it would reduce the nagging feeling. Just saying.

Thanks for the link.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but everytime some person starts a thread about this, I have to make them aware of what someone on LP wrote about this.

The person said that pre-tests are equivalent of starting your car 6 times a day just to make sure the starter is still working properly. Brilliant !

SergeM's avatar - alas
                  Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123705
                  February 27, 2012
                  2815 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

The fixing of the lottery goes like this in the first place:

PICK 3: 1000 combinations
                  1 wins, he gets 500.
                  999 loose, they pay 999.
                  500 to the winner, 1000-500 to the lottery.
                  I simplify!

The amounts get smaller on all sides due to taxes and other costs.
                  The lottery got 1000 - costs = taxable.

System play:
                  If you play for example always number 456, it might be that it just won't show up until you get grey hair.
                  On the other side you just might drop a winning number, because you don't know anything about math, and you drop the number because it already won.

I have seen set switches that delivered many repetitions, so don't blame the pre-tests!

maringoman's avatar - kobold
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2025 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but everytime some person starts a thread about this, I have to make them aware of what someone on LP wrote about this.

The person said that pre-tests are equivalent of starting your car 6 times a day just to make sure the starter is still working properly. Brilliant !

Even though I don't get why they do so many pretests, at least Texas posts theirs for all to see. I don't know any other state that also does it.

It's a futile effort.

SergeM's avatar - alas
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123705
                      February 27, 2012
                      2815 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

"I got this off the internet."

You are on internet!

United States
                        Member #128795
                        June 2, 2012
                        4855 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

"I got this off the internet."

You are on internet!

Green laugh

LOL

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          7859 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

There are lots of different companies that make lottery balls and not sall of them are ping pong balls some of them are made of a rubbery substance and way bigger.

I have held a regular size lottery ball ping pong style and i can assure you there is no fill hole in them. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                            Member #128795
                            June 2, 2012
                            4855 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Even though I don't get why they do so many pretests, at least Texas posts theirs for all to see. I don't know any other state that also does it.

I would pay to see the outrage by viewers on the TV game show, "Wheel of Fortune", if Pat Sajak performed pre-tests of the wheel, SIX times before and three times after a spin by the contestant. Green laugh

Sorry Mr. Jones, I have to do this, okay, first spin...OH LOOK!, $75,000...oops !    Green laugh

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Goal. $1,500 a week.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90253
                              April 24, 2010
                              2385 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link.

That was me.  Green laugh

"You can observe a lot just by watching."  Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.