Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:19 pm
You last visited October 31, 2014, 10:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is anybody playing these Publishers Clearing house sweepstakes??

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 9 months ago by lejardin.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149827
December 9, 2013
483 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2014, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I responded to one for the 1 million dollars a year forever prize and now I am getting ones for 5,000 a week for life and a new one a 7,000 a week for life in Nov. Does anybody know if anyone has won these before or do they just keep advertising them until somebody wins. I'd like to win the million for life prize but Im think the odds are worse than PB and/or MM. Is anyone else trying to play these also??

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    5543 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2014, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

I responded to one for the 1 million dollars a year forever prize and now I am getting ones for 5,000 a week for life and a new one a 7,000 a week for life in Nov. Does anybody know if anyone has won these before or do they just keep advertising them until somebody wins. I'd like to win the million for life prize but Im think the odds are worse than PB and/or MM. Is anyone else trying to play these also??

If enough members are playing it, you can start another thread asking how they are planning on spending the winnings. If you win will you "borrow out money" to me?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146350
      September 1, 2013
      652 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2014, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I did the same thing. Not sure if the junk mail I get every day is worth it, but can't hurt to try. PCH is sneaky with the fine print though. They will tell you a winner is guaranteed to have your initials, but it will be a $100 winner....not the big prize winner. LOL

I think the odds are somewhere in the billions, so it wouldn't surprise me if nobody here knows a past winner

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the payoff does.

If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2013: -35.14% (158 tickets) || 2014: +43.40% (14 tickets)

boston,ma
        United States
        Member #150109
        December 15, 2013
        89 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I'm playing. I figure what the hell, why not. All the emails can get annoything though, it's almost everyday they send one asking for verification. I always answer, so who knows. I was watching "The lottery changed my life" and on  one episode they had a P.C.H. winner who stated she answered every email they sent because she saw a past winner say they did the same thing and they won. So, hopefully I can take it down. If so I'll let the site know.

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #150280
          December 18, 2013
          421 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2014, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't deal with all the endless emails or mail i experienced a few years ago when i did so i just toss or delete anything i get from them. Once i was taken on a long journey of endless advertisements that i had to "accept or decline" in order to enter one of their drawingsSkeptical....that was nothing though compared to the endless junk mail that soon filled my email and mail box....i vowed never again Bang Head

maringoman's avatar - kobold
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2124 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2014, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

If enough members are playing it, you can start another thread asking how they are planning on spending the winnings. If you win will you "borrow out money" to me?

Also how much cash the winner plans to walk around with after winning Green laugh

It's a futile effort.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118613
              November 4, 2011
              337 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I'm playing. I figure what the hell, why not. All the emails can get annoything though, it's almost everyday they send one asking for verification. I always answer, so who knows. I was watching "The lottery changed my life" and on  one episode they had a P.C.H. winner who stated she answered every email they sent because she saw a past winner say they did the same thing and they won. So, hopefully I can take it down. If so I'll let the site know.

I do enter occasionally but I too watched Lottery Changed My Life when Natalie Bostelman won a million but what she ended up with was approximately $260,000.00.  What a crock.  While I would be happy to win that it is a far cry from a million dollars they advertised.  I also notice they have all these different entry number and dates so who know what you are even entering.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure he will start another thread if he wants to and if you don't like it...

Well, I guess you'll just have to get over it, won't ya, Stank?

Or notify management that yet another member is starting threads without getting your approval first.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121750
                  January 16, 2012
                  3290 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2014, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Once you enter online, they flood you with emails. I stopped playing also after learning about the odds.

Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars,

because it is his natural characteristic,

so the artist works.

by Alma  Gluck

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106669
                    February 22, 2011
                    17583 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure he will start another thread if he wants to and if you don't like it...

Well, I guess you'll just have to get over it, won't ya, Stank?

Or notify management that yet another member is starting threads without getting your approval first.

Green laugh

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106669
                      February 22, 2011
                      17583 Posts
                      Posted: January 22, 2014, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

onlymoney's avatar - stargate pyramid.jpg

United States
                        Member #128795
                        June 2, 2012
                        5072 Posts
                        Posted: January 22, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Also how much cash the winner plans to walk around with after winning Green laugh

I wrote in that thread that I started that thread as a joke. A way to show how rediculous and redundant they are.

0.1% of people who play for a major JP will win in their lifetime. 

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Listens to the wind
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          20080 Posts
                          Posted: January 22, 2014, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Once you enter online, they flood you with emails. I stopped playing also after learning about the odds.

That's good to know, the less email I have to sit and delete the better.

There's only one US Flag

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            Mcminnville, Oregon
                            United States
                            Member #3013
                            December 13, 2003
                            2407 Posts
                            Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I enter every day but the odds are in the billions so fat chance me winning but maybe some day.  If I am lucky.-weshar75

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: January 22, 2014, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

That PCH Winners Van would never make it up the mountain.

And if they tried they'd better pray they didn't break an axle near the McNutt's house on the way up.