Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:26 am
You last visited July 31, 2014, 5:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best Pick-5 and 6 Lottery Software

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Andrew.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

If you were allowed only one commercial lottery software it would be?

Gail Howard [ 11 ]  [20.37%]
Lottohat [ 4 ]  [7.41%]
Lottery Director [ 2 ]  [3.70%]
Lotto Pro [ 10 ]  [18.52%]
EOL Lottery Tracker and Wheeler [ 2 ]  [3.70%]
Lotwin by Futuresoft [ 1 ]  [1.85%]
Lotto Boss [ 2 ]  [3.70%]
Versa Bet [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
TCI World [ 4 ]  [7.41%]
Other [ 11 ]  [20.37%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 40 ]  
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
2893 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2004, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Ok people, you're trapped in Nowheresville with only one commercial lottery software on the laptop and you want to play the local games, what software would you want it to be?

Belgium
    Member #2220
    September 2, 2003
    553 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2004, 12:44 am - IP Logged

I would only use my Lo

United States
      Member #1759
      June 29, 2003
      1156 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2004, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Lotto-Hat

hypersoniq's avatar - xls
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2444 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2004, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Microsoft Office (Excel, Access...)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          17740 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2004, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I prefer my own home-grown program written some years back using GWBasic, a programming language popular with MS-DOS.  I've revised it over the years and it run fine in a DOS or Command Window in Windows98 or XP.  It's a basic lottery data program that analyzes pass drawings and uses a RNG to generate picks within the parameters(sums, gaps, ranges, positions and etc.) of pass hits.  I have a copy of Lotto Pro and its files ,with a small modification, are compatible with my program, so I have a source to check my data against.  The best I've  done is 5of6 in the Ohio649 two years ago, and when ever I have compared it with any commercial program it has done as well if not better.  It doesn't have any magic and I know how and why parameters are chosen and if I think they can be improved, I just change the way they are calculated or not use them.  The better commercial programs advertise themselves as data programs with analytical tools and a collections of wheels, the rest are nothing more but are advertised to have a secret of magical formula to lure suckers to pay more for them.  The only person making money off these programs is the person selling them.

RJOh

* you don't need more tickets * 
          * just the right ticket * 
             Wink 

United States
            Member #1759
            June 29, 2003
            1156 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2004, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

"RJOH" your personal program has similar features used in "Lotto-Hat" you can set Filtering parameters like Even-Odd,Sums,Consecutives,Line Width,Hot-Cold,Key Numbers etc... and it will generate "Random" lines based on your settings.Then it goes further by allowing the player to select Numbers and Filters in which it will generate Random Lines from.From my tests itperforms much better when it generates lines from numbers and filters instead of just filters.I've finally got it to generate 10 combo's with numbers and filters with a 5/6 guarantee and a 6/6 guarantee with 40 combo's.In order for it to do this you have to select 13 numbers for wheeling I was using 20 but it required to many combo's to get any good hits.

United States
              Member #2460
              October 7, 2003
              766 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2004, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi

RJOh 

Can your program be used for pick 3 also?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                17740 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2004, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Excalibur,

My program started was originally written for Buckeye5/37 and Ohio6/44 and had an extra character for jackpot amounts.  Over the years I changed the jackpot amount to a bonus ball and the file structure has stayed the same.  It only works for pick5's and pick6's game with/without bonus balls. 

RJOh

Wink 

United States
                  Member #2873
                  November 25, 2003
                  1132 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2004, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

My question is: What really is "Lottery Softwae"?

If you own a software that evaluates your previous drawings and makes you decide what to play by offering all filters etc. then in my opinion it is not really a Lottery Software but a Lottery Tool.

I think that the computer porgram should pick the numbers and do the selection for you. The only filter impact (human interface) should be on the number of selections and slight adjustments according to the player's indivual needs, the numbers should be selected by the system/software itself. That cannot alwasy be done but it should be the focus of designing systems/software.

Being not a believer in tracking numbers throughout long periods, I have not seen any systems that excite me, because once the start basing their suggestions on 100's and 1000's of previous drawings, I get bored.

Good Luck!

langley b.c.
                    Canada
                    Member #3313
                    January 10, 2004
                    155 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2004, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

true i agree!!!! if the end result is you having to make the final selection of numbers whats the point in using the software????

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17740 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2004, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Software never make any decisions.  If any decision are made, it is based on the logic that someone has programmed  into the software, and if the user is not making any decision than he is allowing some programmer to make decisions for him good or bad and mostly bad.  I don't mind a program making decisions along as I know why it made the decision.  For example I was testing a demo program for pick5 the other day and put the history of the drawings in it and it never picked a number between 1-5 and 1 had hit more than any other numbers in the draw history and the next two drawings had 1's in them, yet I didn't know why 1 wasn't included in its picks.  To me, that program was making bad decision on bad logic and I would want to have input.

RJOh 

Wink 

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: January 10, 2004, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't have any problems with the software I buy because I make sure it can do exactly what I want before I buy it.I don't like programs that do all the work for me because most of them do it all wrong except for 2 that I own "Max-HitPro" and "Your Lucky Numbers 2001"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          17740 Posts
                          Posted: January 10, 2004, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I continue to test software on a trial basis and if I find something that is better than I have, I will buy it.  Like I have  said many time the thing I liked about Lotto Pro was its files were in an ASCII format which made them easy to transport into my program and I bought it and continue to buy their file update service yearly.  I can download an updated file for any lottery in the world almost ready to run in my own program with little typing and they also run in Lotto Pro.

RJOh

Wink 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            2893 Posts
                            Posted: January 11, 2004, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

If we're talking about a serious lottery program (not one for fun) I want it to do everything.  I expect it to make a valid attempt at predicting numbers based on knowledge the author has learned from the game and programmed in there to win themselves.  Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't, but I expect it to try.  Then I also expect a way to bypass the automatic system so I can work out my own path through the features.

We're all here looking for ideas on how to win.  Lottery software should offer something new to try based on something that worked somewhere and a fall back system for when it doesn't. 

Since the early ninties we've been able to buy a Lottery program that stored past winning draws, generated stats from those draws, ranked numbers based on those stats and sent the numbers to wheeling.  Many have played this way, few have won.  IT DOESN"T WORK !!! (at least not much better then buying Quick Picks)  We need some fresh ideas !!!  BobP

United States
                              Member #1759
                              June 29, 2003
                              1156 Posts
                              Posted: January 11, 2004, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

It works for ME!!!!!!!!!!! and other members in this FORUM but just like Quick-Picks Software doesn't help everyone WIN.